WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm test driving the new Pixie dust from Google. The smaller screen is ok, the sans headphone jack bit is still Courage the Cowardly Lion level, and the in hand feel of the black model is a poor man's OPO standstone back edition.

Otherwise, it's the same performance that 99 and Libra have seen. We'll see how this goes. At least I have a better camera and water resistance now on tap, right?

I am amused by your analogies xd
On a non joking note, I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wait, why do both of you say that? Did I miss something?
The current devices he's got the $1000 sunk into are VZW devices. And the Pixie dust I'm using is the VZW unlocked model as I'm too broke to afford the international unlocked version.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The current devices he's got the $1000 sunk into are VZW devices. And the Pixie dust I'm using is the VZW unlocked model as I'm too broke to afford the international unlocked version.

Ooh okay. I didn't know that something changed there. I have used Verizon phones (really the Pixel) on T-Mobile when I was with them. I can't recall it being an issue before so I'm surprised to hear this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh okay. I didn't know that something changed there. I have used Verizon phones (really the Pixel) on T-Mobile when I was with them. I can't recall it being an issue before so I'm surprised to hear this.
They've gotten more finicky to me these days. I was seeing stuff where Andy's phone runs great on VZW, but on T-Mobile it's been so-so, even before the 8.1 beta.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

They've gotten more finicky to me these days. I was seeing stuff where Andy's phone runs great on VZW, but on T-Mobile it's been so-so, even before the 8.1 beta.

That's really weird that it's been like that. What a pain.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can't shake wanting the iPhone 7 again. I really can't, as I have been watching listings for days now. I wanted the Red iPhone 7 the most but they either seem to go fast or are overpriced considering it's been nearly a year.

I have also considered the idea of getting a refurbished one directly from Apple, even though there's no Red of course. Just my luck that one actually appears on Swappa...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can't shake wanting the iPhone 7 again. I really can't, as I have been watching listings for days now. I wanted the Red iPhone 7 the most but they either seem to go fast or are overpriced considering it's been nearly a year.

I have also considered the idea of getting a refurbished one directly from Apple, even though there's no Red of course. Just my luck that one actually appears on Swappa...
The struggle is real.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The struggle is real.

It is. It's $20 cheaper than it would be buying from Apple directly. This might sound dumb but I'll rather not buy the Lightning EarPods. I'm not sure if the SE2 would actually pan out but if it does, it's no problem to trade it in with my SE when that drops.

So I get your Nokia 8 thoughts.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is. It's $20 cheaper than it would be buying from Apple directly. This might sound dumb but I'll rather not buy the Lightning EarPods. I'm not sure if the SE2 would actually pan out but if it does, it's no problem to trade it in with my SE when that drops.

So I get your Nokia 8 thoughts.
Well, I'm sure you'll figure something out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, I'm sure you'll figure something out.

I'll probably cave but I'll rather sleep on it and go from there hopefully. I don't want to regret it so I'll keep looking until I find something great. Also one thing for me as well is finding one with 10.3.3. iOS 11 still seems to be buggy so I'm fine with not jumping in on dealing with it again until I must (with a hypothetical SE2, that is lol).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably cave but I'll rather sleep on it and go from there hopefully. I don't want to regret it so I'll keep looking until I find something great. Also one thing for me as well is finding one with 10.3.3. iOS 11 still seems to be buggy so I'm fine with not jumping in on dealing with it again until I must (with a hypothetical SE2, that is lol).
Good luck with that. Let's see if the SE 2 is worth the hype.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck with that. Let's see if the SE 2 is worth the hype.

Thanks.
You're right, we will see. There are all of these conflicting rumors about it. In the meantime, I am determined not to buy a iPhone 7 with iOS 11 on it. I can wait it out, as I don't think I'm asking for too much at all. I have seen at least one with that sell already.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

And like that, I got my wish but ended up going for a different one altogether that is much cheaper and has all of the things I'm seeking.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.
You're right, we will see. There are all of these conflicting rumors about it. In the meantime, I am determined not to buy a iPhone 7 with iOS 11 on it. I can wait it out, as I don't think I'm asking for too much at all. I have seen at least one with that sell already.
I see that Apple has made it hard to downgrade their OS updates?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I see that Apple has made it hard to downgrade their OS updates?

Yep, you're right about that. You can do it (I have done it once) but it has to be still signed by Apple in order to work. For that reason, I purposely wanted one that hasn't been upgraded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs