WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Pixie dust seems fine after day one. I can see why people like it, and why I took so long to get one. It's not worth the current price at all.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I'm having slightly mixed reactions with the keyONE. battery is unbelievable, some of the features are awesome but definitely notice the difference in speed compared to some flagships. Still a nice device so far though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm having slightly mixed reactions with the keyONE. battery is unbelievable, some of the features are awesome but definitely notice the difference in speed compared to some flagships. Still a nice device so far though.
You have the silver or the black Key1?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yep, you're right about that. You can do it (I have done it once) but it has to be still signed by Apple in order to work. For that reason, I purposely wanted one that hasn't been upgraded.
See, that's one of the reasons why I stay away from that Apple bull****. When I used to use iPhones with Cydia, I'd always have a folder filled with every firmware so if I flashed one that was bug riddled, I'd downgrade.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

See, that's one of the reasons why I stay away from that Apple bull****. When I used to use iPhones with Cydia, I'd always have a folder filled with every firmware so if I flashed one that was bug riddled, I'd downgrade.

I totally understand that. For the time I downgraded my SE, I had about a 2 week window so I felt like I had to do it quickly.

Sounds like you were very prepared when you had them. Funny that you mention that, I think this version of iOS (on the 7 I got) is jailbreakable. I don't know if I'm ready to do that but it's nice to have the option.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hmm, interesting. How are you liking that keyboard?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So I'm not crazy after all! I felt the same way when I had my K1. I don't think the SD625 is up to the task with all the DTEK security features. The build quality is incredible for a $500 phone and the battery life is ridiculous but it does seem to be a half step off for most functions.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The current devices he's got the $1000 sunk into are VZW devices. And the Pixie dust I'm using is the VZW unlocked model as I'm too broke to afford the international unlocked version.

The international unlocked version is not worth the money. The only difference is an unlocked bootloader. Nothing else.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can't shake wanting the iPhone 7 again. I really can't, as I have been watching listings for days now. I wanted the Red iPhone 7 the most but they either seem to go fast or are overpriced considering it's been nearly a year.

I have also considered the idea of getting a refurbished one directly from Apple, even though there's no Red of course. Just my luck that one actually appears on Swappa...

I might be selling a Gold iPhone 7 128GB shortly. Mrs. wants an upgrade to iPhone 8 256GB.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I'm not crazy after all! I felt the same way when I had my K1. I don't think the SD625 is up to the task with all the DTEK security features. The build quality is incredible for a $500 phone and the battery life is ridiculous but it does seem to be a half step off for most functions.

It is a great phone for $250. That's my 2 cents.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Almost done setting up Panda Pixel 2XL.
Need to backup WhatsApp and transfer it over.
Also need to sign in every last one of my 131 apps :)

Oh and I do need to slap on a screen protector.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yay! Ah, that's so annoying about the apps. It will be worth it for you though, that's for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's why if they put the S660 in the Key 2, it'll help. My guess is it'll be the 630/636 + extra RAM. I was reading that the Black Key 1 ran a bit better because of the extra RAM.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I totally understand that. For the time I downgraded my SE, I had about a 2 week window so I felt like I had to do it quickly.

Sounds like you were very prepared when you had them. Funny that you mention that, I think this version of iOS (on the 7 I got) is jailbreakable. I don't know if I'm ready to do that but it's nice to have the option.
It was a pain to jailbreak back in the days. I should think it's a bit more streamlined now, but you've got to research.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was impressed by the cable transfer process. It covered 90% of the apps from Andy's phone.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

I have the silver. I read some of the reviews and most people didn't seem to notice a big difference with the 4gb ram over the 3. I'm not sure. It just seems to hang with a lot of things compared to the s8. love the keyboard, love the build and the battery life so willing to accept some of the speed differences for it. might just need some settling in or tweaking as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss