WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

No work today! Very pleased.

That's always a plus. don't find it possible to get away from work related things. If I'm not at work I generally have clients or staff in touch with me most of the day. I enjoy what I do though, so can't complain.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm finally planning on seeing Black Panther tonight. I'll be boring in what I'm wearing because I'll be coming from work. Some of you mentioned seeing it in 3D but the showings are a bit late for me (for that type) since I plan to do some studying today after the fact.
Otherwise, the time is fine for the regular showing...

Edit: Just bought my ticket! It has been a struggle to avoid spoilers from people I follow/watch.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm finally planning on seeing Black Panther tonight. I'll be boring in what I'm wearing because I'll be coming from work. Some of you mentioned seeing it in 3D but the showings are a bit late for me (for that type) since I plan to do some studying today after the fact.
Otherwise, the time is fine for the regular showing...
Enjoy. You don't have to pull the dashiki out if you're coming from work. I watched it in regular and it was fine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's always a plus. don't find it possible to get away from work related things. If I'm not at work I generally have clients or staff in touch with me most of the day. I enjoy what I do though, so can't complain.
It's not that I don't like what I do. My line of work is very tiring and heavy, but has its rewarding moments.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here's an example as to how living in the melting pot can be a challenge.

So as I'm doing laundry today I'm watching this drama unfolding. This woman (Haitian creole) got I to an argument with the Asian speaking laundromat owner. You can tell English isn't either person's first language.

Simply put, the woman didn't have enough money to cover her laundry and used the incorrect machines that ate through her cash. So after watching this argument unfold for 20 minutes, I put my work hat on and stepped in.

I just covered the remaining costs for her laundry and sqaushed the beef. People who are embarrassed, ashamed, guilty etc often manifest those emotions through anger. It doesn't help being short on resources, being in a space where the language and culture isn't your own.

It's not easy. Those who overcome and make it will always swear by how formative the American dream can be.

And those who are scared about adapting to changes in their way of life will elect someone who they perceive looks like them in order to take care of them. In reality, he's doing anything but that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6