WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think Apple is still raking in the money hand over fist just fine.
Through apps, but not on hardware. Apple's game was always using the hardware as a gateway to their software ecosystem...

...but my point was there was a time were Apple was getting good cash on the hardware.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, it appears you're working through this the best way you can.

I can relate, which led me to get a tablet and a smartwatch to offload doing everything therefore being on my phone all the time. The checking habit is annoying, but with using the watch it cut mine down significantly.

That's smart that you did that. I can understand you on doing that now. I mean, I kind of understood before but I had no idea that was one of the reasons why you did that. It's hard but I find that with myself, I am guilty of using my phone as a crutch in unfamiliar and/or uncomfortable situations. I'm not going to say that it resolved my anxiety but it was nice to feel less anxious. I also felt like my focus was better too, weirdly enough.

It also sounds like it worked out well with your watch since you also still get calls and texts through it right? I might look into that. On that note, how has the Pixel been with your watch so far?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's smart that you did that. I can understand you on doing that now. I mean, I kind of understood before but I had no idea that was one of the reasons you did that. It's hard but I find that with myself, I am guilty of using my phone as a crutch in unfamiliar and/or uncomfortable situations. I'm not going to say that it resolved my anxiety but it was nice to feel less anxious. I also felt like my focus was better too, weirdly enough.

It also sounds like it worked out well with your watch since you also still get calls and texts through it right? I might look into that. On that note, how has the Pixel been with your watch so far?
Battery life on the watch has been sub par. I think it's the Oero update more than anything else.

I still check my phone periodically in unfamiliar or uncomfortable situations - you're not alone at all with this. But with the watch, I do that less than I used to.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Battery life on the watch has been sub par. I think it's the Oero update more than anything else.

I still check my phone periodically in unfamiliar or uncomfortable situations - you're not alone at all with this. But with the watch, I do that less than I used to.

Ugh that's a bummer about the battery life there. I believe that it is probably the update too.

That's good to know that I'm not alone. Nice, it sounds like you figured out a system that works for you. I hope to get there too.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I feel as if I'm out for a couple of days I miss something. Which watch are you referring to?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh that's a bummer about the battery life there. I believe that it is probably the update too.

That's good to know that I'm not alone. Nice, it sounds like you figured out a system that works for you. I hope to get there too.
Oreo has been a bit funny battery wise overall, from what I was reading. I think the Huawei fitness app is screwing with the battery too, so I have to look into this further as well.

Trust me, there's a whole generation of people having issues with constantly checking their phones, even if there aren't any notifications. That's where we are right now.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The same Huawei watch 2. How is yours?
Better than the Apple Watch that's for sure. I'll usually have about 50% left at the end of the day which is more than I can say for the Fruity watch and if memory serves, better than the Gear S2.

I charge all my devices every night so as long as they get me through the entire day I'm good. The ONLY watch I've had that lasts more than one day has been the Fitbit Blaze but the functionality is barren compared to the rest.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Better than the Apple Watch that's for sure. I'll usually have about 50% left at the end of the day which is more than I can say for the Fruity watch and if memory serves, better than the Gear S2.

I charge all my devices every night so as long as they get me through the entire day I'm good. The ONLY watch I've had that lasts more than one day has been the Fitbit Blaze but the functionality is barren compared to the rest.
I was getting very good battery run, finish at 35% consistently every day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Initial impressions with the dongle - to my ear, the audio quality sounds the same as the USB-C headphones I have. No improvement there, really. The Xiaomi headphones are solid, they feel better than the Pistons I had and liked but simply wore out.

All in all, just more headphones. I need to not buy anymore.

On a side note that in terms of volume, the Jam Ultras sound very good. They do a good job of noise-cancelling for my ears and I use them at lower volumes as I don't like the feeling of not being able to hear the ambient sounds around me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Initial Pixie dust impressions:

The phone is exactly as the reviewers have said. For my needs, it just works and gets out of my way when doing stuff - just the way I like it.

Still not a fan of the sans headphone jack move. Still not a fan of the no manual mode for the camera. Battery life is OK enough for me. Still feel that 64GB is a tighter fit for for me long term. Otherwise, phone is good.

I do want a V30+ to compliment this though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Initial Pixie dust impressions:

The phone is exactly as the reviewers have said. For my needs, it just works and gets out of my way when doing stuff - just the way I like it.

Still not a fan of the sans headphone jack move. Still not a fan of the no manual mode for the camera. Battery life is OK enough for me. Still feel that 64GB is a tighter fit for for me long term. Otherwise, phone is good.

I do want a V30+ to compliment this though.

I was hoping that you'll post your impressions soon and you did! That's good that it is generally working for you. I figured that you would miss manual controls since you are so used to having them.

That would be a nice combination to have.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was hoping that you'll post your impressions soon and you did! That's good that it is generally working for you. I figured that you would miss manual controls since you are so used to having them.

That would be a nice combination to have.
The Pixel is a very good phone to target converting iPhone users with.

I think Google nailed it with last year's smaller Pixel and followed it up with the Pixel 2.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The Pixel is a very good phone to target converting iPhone users with.

I think Google nailed it with last year's smaller Pixel and followed it up with the Pixel 2.

I agree. The Pixel series is pretty good. I'm glad that they continued the 2 size option. I hope it treats you well!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

A panaroma view from the top of the island
(apparently, its remnants of an sea old volcano caldera)
WP_20180311_12_02_51_Panorama.jpg

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

My money shot
The waters looks so good

(sorry... getting errors on mTalk, and uploads aint working on Edge/Chrome...)
29063152_1974284355918197_6016111932041065665_n.jpg

Putting on a smaller file instead!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss