WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm done with the two phone thing after today. I did something that I never do, I forgot the cable to charge the iPhone. That's annoying in itself but on one of my long days, it's just not going to work for my 14 hour day at 50%...

I didn't even notice that I did actually, it took something else (not related to this at all) to make me check. Thankfully, I work at a university (which have many iPhone users, of course) so there's plenty of Apple stuff at the bookstore (official and third-party). I don't remember seeing this before but as expected, the stuff is full price. The guy who rang up my order was another one with a iPhone X.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm done with the two phone thing after today. I did something that I never do, I forgot the cable to charge the iPhone. That's annoying in itself but on one of my long days, it's just not going to work for my 14 hour day at 50%...

I didn't even notice that I did actually, it took something else (not related to this at all) to make me check. Thankfully, I work at a university (which have many iPhone users, of course) so there's plenty of Apple stuff at the bookstore (official and third-party). I don't remember seeing this before but as expected, the stuff is full price. The guy who rang up my order was another one with a iPhone X.
It's a challenge. Because I have to use two phones during the week (work iPhone & my personal), I always check to make sure both are charged. There have been days when the work phone hasn't been fully charged (or the personal wasn't because Andy's phone doesn't play nice with Qualcomm chargers), so I understand your annoyances there.

It's just tough sometimes.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I always have a couple of power banks with three cables - Lightning, USB-C and micro USB. Also a car charger with 4 ports and same three cables, charging dock at work and home as well. No charging cable and paying full price sounds painful.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just got to the parking garage.
I will pop back in here after I clear security check and get a cup of coffee.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's a challenge. Because I have to use two phones during the week (work iPhone & my personal), I always check to make sure both are charged. There have been days when the work phone hasn't been fully charged (or the personal wasn't because Andy's phone doesn't play nice with Qualcomm chargers), so I understand your annoyances there.

It's just tough sometimes.

I believe it for you. I remember you mentioning the quirkiness with charging the Essential.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I always have a couple of power banks with three cables - Lightning, USB-C and micro USB. Also a car charger with 4 ports and same three cables, charging dock at work and home as well. No charging cable and paying full price sounds painful.

You sound very prepared but you probably have the room for those things. I like to carry a light load so I usually have space for a cable at the most. Phone 2 goes into the phone part of my purse and the main phone works in a pocket.

Yep, you are right, it is painful. I checked the return policy and I can return it so I will be doing that tomorrow. The kicker of this is that this iPhone that I got not only has a new Apple brick and cable, I even have a third-party set too at that. WTF. I am tempted to put my phone on low power mode so that I don't open them.

And I had to buy gas this morning too so this is dumb.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I believe it for you. I remember you mentioning the quirkiness with charging the Essential.
I'm surprised you didn't invest in one of those power banks. Especially being a student now. Like 99 said it may worth having around including a spare cable.

I have one of the stupidly large ones because I wanted to being able to charge everything. There are many slim power banks, some include the charging plug on the end for lightning, USB-C and micro USB built in.

Just a thought.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You sound very prepared but you probably have the room for those things. I like to carry a light load so I usually have space for a cable at the most. Phone 2 goes into the phone part of my purse and the main phone works in a pocket.

Yep, you are right, it is painful. I checked the return policy and I can return it so I will be doing that tomorrow. The kicker of this is that this iPhone that I got not only has a new Apple brick and cable, I even have a third-party set too at that. WTF. I am tempted to put my phone on low power mode so that I don't open them.

And I had to buy gas this morning too so this is dumb.
I have to be prepared since I am on the road so much. In town I am not too worried since car, work and home all have cables. When I travel I make sure I have the cables and the power banks. All travel charging accessories stay in a zip lock bag.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised you didn't invest in one of those power banks. Especially being a student now. Like 99 said it may worth having around including a spare cable.

I have one of the stupidly large ones because I wanted to being able to charge everything. There are many slim power banks, some include the charging plug on the end for lightning, USB-C and micro USB built in.

Just a thought.
I have a 12K mAh and 5K mAh ones. Smaller one for the phone and the larger capacity one for the tablets.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Beginning of this year I started flying United Airlines. At the end of this trip I should qualify for status hopefully through Feb 2020. For some weird reason the United App doesn't play nice on my Pixel or Huawei MediaPad M3 for watching movies. So I bring the iPad along for that. Otherwise two gadgets is plenty.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Forced to participate in a company sponsored golf tournament. Is there anything more useless than golf? It's just not in a Cuban's DNA.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just a thought.

The thought didn't even cross my mind actually. I have a spare cable with a brick I generally bring with any phone. I normally change out the cable if I am using a iPhone or Android phone. I'll look into the power bank if I can find a small one that can at least charge up a phone once.

The last time I checked them out, it was tricky to find a small one that would just charge a phone with USB-C and not also take power from it too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have a 12K mAh and 5K mAh ones. Smaller one for the phone and the larger capacity one for the tablets.
I think I have either a 10K or a 20K brick...that's plenty for me. They have the lipstick style smaller power banks to give a quick boost that should be easier to carry in tighter spaces.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have to be prepared since I am on the road so much. In town I am not too worried since car, work and home all have cables. When I travel I make sure I have the cables and the power banks. All travel charging accessories stay in a zip lock bag.

Gotcha, that makes sense. That way, you never forget anything.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's nice being off today. Tomorrow looks to be a scheduled fuster cluck as I start the day with a home visit. If the weather is bad, that doesn't make it any easier.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Beginning of this year I started flying United Airlines. At the end of this trip I should qualify for status hopefully through Feb 2020. For some weird reason the United App doesn't play nice on my Pixel or Huawei MediaPad M3 for watching movies. So I bring the iPad along for that. Otherwise two gadgets is plenty.

Wow, I hope that you will be. You have made a lot of trips, so you should at least get some kind of boost for them with doing so. That makes sense though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)