WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hey Libra, just a thought...

Start saving for your retirement from now. Do NOT rely on the trainwrecks that are Social Security and Medicare as your primary source of economic and medical assistance.

Thanks, I am starting this year. Trying to decide which thing but I plan to start very soon. Just debating which avenue to go, like if I want to do through work or independently. Through work would be easier but I don't know if I'll be in the same system 10 years from now so that would come to a standstill if I leave. Independently means taking the time to compare with different banks and financial institutions.

In the system I'm in, I'm not at the level that I can move my retirement with me and still contribute to it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Manic Monday...wheels are already off the train as we go hurling down the tracks.

See y'all later.
Yes, today was an unequivocal disaster. Tomorrow doesn't lookuch better from the lens of today. But since tomorrow is another day, it's better to judge once tomorrow comes.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Haven't attended a seminar in years, todays was the first of three days.. "Internal Audit for Sustainability..." How exciting!!
At least the currypuffs was decent

... !

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've seen several stories about Microsoft wanting to force users to use their Edge browser even if they set another one as default...

Should be interesting times ahead for Microsoft... They're currently testing it on their fast ring.

I'm sure the users will love the idea...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I hope tomorrow is indeed better.
Well, it's off to a rough start... apparently the death of a transit worker has badly disrupted the busiest subway line in the entire system (which of course I have to use)...

...and in Google's infinite wisdom, the new Wear OS rebranding garbage broke the Bluetooth connection I have so I'll have to reset my watch on the fly.

And it's scheduled to snow later while I'm in the community.

I hope it gets better today, and my prayers are with the transit worker's family.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Well, it's off to a rough start... apparently the death of a transit worker has badly disrupted the busiest subway line in the entire system (which of course I have to use)...

...and in Google's infinite wisdom, the new Wear OS rebranding garbage broke the Bluetooth connection I have so I'll have to reset my watch on the fly.

And it's scheduled to snow later while I'm in the community.

I hope it gets better today, and my prayers are with the transit worker's family.
My l

Hope your day improves, I know the feeling. Was the transit worker's death a job-related accident? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a "rash" of workplace/construction deaths the past few weeks. With the pedestrian bridge collapse last Thursday we've seen a higher than usual OSHA presence. When that happens you can expect serious delays as they investigate and people are walking on eggshells.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hope your day improves, I know the feeling. Was the transit worker's death a job-related accident? The reason I ask is because there seems to be a "rash" of workplace/construction deaths the past few weeks. With the pedestrian bridge collapse last Thursday we've seen a higher than usual OSHA presence. When that happens you can expect serious delays as they investigate and people are walking on eggshells.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ath-clearing-garbage-tracks-article-1.3885503

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Another hectic day. Tomorrow's scheduled to be a little better, but with shoddy weather. Guess that's how this week is to go...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Guardrails are supposed to hold 275 lbs. How big was this guy?
He appeared to be 6'3", 270lbs. If I were to suspect, like with much of the other MTA equipment, stuff is old and needs replaced that doesn't work well and there's not enough money being poured into this vital engine that allows the city to generate all this taxable income.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ubway-tracks-railing-breaks-article-1.3885503

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am really digging the Sony MDR-XB950B1/B wireless headphones that I got. The Bass is already quite good. With the extra bass my ears hurt so I have decided to turn that option off. Overall not bad for $45 or so that I paid.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You win some and you lose some. The new Ringke case for the Pixel 2XL that I got is junk. It is slipperier than an eel. I took it off after a grand total of 30 seconds on the device. Ugh.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The tax gods were good to me this year.
Feds will give me refund which will cover what I owe California and my CPA.
Nothing out of pocket sounds perfect to me.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I finally got the Oreo for my S8 last night. Let's see how it goes...
695095acde4655bccf692af43cfa3091.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, if I really wanted a solid replacement for the Z3 Tablet Compact, I would have gotten a Xiaomi Mi Mix with the 6GB RAM + 256 ROM. The 6GB + 128GB and S821 chip has run fine with the Mi Note 2, so it would run good in the Mi Mix OG.

But that phone is a bit hard to get...and I'd never use it as a phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You know, if I really wanted a solid replacement for the Z3 Tablet Compact, I would have gotten a Xiaomi Mi Mix with the 6GB RAM + 256 ROM. The 6GB + 128GB and S821 chip has run fine with the Mi Note 2, so it would run good in the Mi Mix OG.

But that phone is a bit hard to get...and I'd never use it as a phone.

I can believe that. Sounds like it might not be meant to be. How does it feel to have one less phone, by the way?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05