WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Much to Libra's amusement, I now own a Mixie (Mi Mix 2) and Pixie dust (Pixel 2). Now, all I need is V30 as this sans headphone jack crap aggravates me still.

It'll be a good spectrum mix as the Pixie gets great OS and security patches support; Xiaomi updates their skin weekly and has gotten better with patches but takes ages for major OS updates; and LG graces us with their presence whenever they get to it with software support.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I picked up a Mixie (Xiaomi Mi Mix 2) and am sending off my much beloved Mi Note 2 to a good home.

Now that I mention it, I should have made a side move and replace the Mi Note 2 with the OG Mixie and retire my tablet that way too. The 256GB internal + dat screen and solid horsepower (S821 + 6GBRAM found in the Mi Note 2) would soften the blow of no ingress protection (Z3 tablet compact) and IR blaster (Mi Note 2). But, I digress...

Incidentally, I saw pictures of the white Mixie (the Special Edition Mix 2)...God that phone looks so, so good.
Me and my old co-worker were talking about. How great looking phones Xiaomi are. He was planning to get the phone they came out with(i forgot what it was ) it's too bad they don't sell them in the states.

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Much to Libra's amusement, I now own a Mixie (Mi Mix 2) and Pixie dust (Pixel 2). Now, all I need is V30 as this sans headphone jack crap aggravates me still.

It'll be a good spectrum mix as the Pixie gets great OS and security patches support; Xiaomi updates their skin weekly and has gotten better with patches but takes ages for major OS updates; and LG graces us with their presence whenever they get to it with software support.
I do wish android as a whole would take the approach that Microsoft took as to only update the software and don't touch the firmware unless necessary. Not sure if it would work realistically but ideally it sounds good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Me and my old co-worker were talking about. How great looking phones Xiaomi are. He was planning to get the phone they came out with(i forgot what it was ) it's too bad they don't sell them in the states.

I'd tell people that I had a very good experience the Mi 5 (which I still love) and Mi Note 2 (which I really enjoyed), and I expect no different with the Mix 2. MIUI is an acquired taste, but I prefer it over EMUI from Huawei any day of the week.

I enjoy the in hand feel of the Mi Note 2, but wouldn't use it withiut a case as it is slippery. I wouldn't use the Mix 2 without a case either, but the in-hand feel here too is much improved over the Mi Note 2.

99 and I had conversation a few months back that Xiaomi changed their lineup in 2017. In 2016 the Mix was a concept with the Mi Note 2 has the high end phablet and they had 4 million variants of the Mi 5 line (Mi 5, Mi 5S, Mi 5S+). With the Mix 2 becoming more available, the Mix 2 took the Mi Note 2's spot, with the Mi Note 3 becoming a phablet version that's less powerful version of the Mi 6, and the Mi 6 being the compact flagship.

I'm curious how their 2018 lineup will look.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do wish android as a whole would take the approach that Microsoft took as to only update the software and don't touch the firmware unless necessary. Not sure if it would work realistically but ideally it sounds good.

The issue Xiaomi has is that they support their skin seriously. MIUI is running on phones from Kit Kat to Oreo. So because they keep the look the same across devices, it's harder to do major updates quickly.

I don't mind where they are, as long as they keep the security patches coming steadily. The Mi Note 2 as of last week's beta is now on the March 2018 patch, while still being on 7.0.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ooh that's a nice mix (pun not intended haha). I'm looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it!

Yep, sounds like you have one left to go.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh that's a nice mix (pun not intended haha). I'm looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it!

Yep, sounds like you have one left to go.
Yeah. I'd like a V30+, but that's a ways away from being able to buy that.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Looks like Xiaomi brought it's A game to the Mi Mix 2S. Great camera and wireless charging along with top notch hardware specs. I will have to give it a try.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like Xiaomi brought it's A game to the Mi Mix 2S. Great camera and wireless charging along with top notch hardware specs. I will have to give it a try.
Honestly, I preferred how the fan renders looked over the live version. We await your experience once you try one.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I read your post too fast. I thought you said you liked a top notch. Everybody seems to have their panties in a bunch over this notch thing. I honestly don't see the big deal, I think it's cool.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I read your post too fast. I thought you said you liked a top notch. Everybody seems to have their panties in a bunch over this notch thing. I honestly don't see the big deal, I think it's cool.
The bellyaching about the notch is as annoying as watch your favorite political punchline at a press conference.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I am so ready for baseball season to begin. I really don't care about Spring Training, since it doesn't really count for much.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am so ready for baseball season to begin. I really don't care about Spring Training, since it doesn't really count for much.
The best part of baseball season these days is watching my favorite player (Mr. Kershaw) continually being the kryptonite for the Nats in the post season...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The best part of baseball season these days is watching my favorite player (Mr. Kershaw) continually being the kryptonite for the Nats in the post season...

Ugh I hate how good he is. He is really something else! Scherzer all day, every day for me but Kershaw is hard to dominate.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Ugh! It's going to be such a loooooong season for us Fish Fans. On the bright side we did put a hurtin' on Scherzer the other day in Spring Training. I hope MIA has impact windows in his place for when Mr. Stanton starts launching bombs in the Bronx.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh I hate how good he is. He is really something else! Scherzer all day, every day for me but Kershaw is hard to dominate.
I'm not a Dodgers fan, really...but I like that dude. The Cards might say they own him in the post season, but they keep pitching him on short rest all the time, so that never helps.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ugh! It's going to be such a loooooong season for us Fish Fans. On the bright side we did put a hurtin' on Scherzer the other day in Spring Training. I hope MIA has impact windows in his place for when Mr. Stanton starts launching bombs in the Bronx.
I don't think the Yanks will do as well as people are hyping them up to do this year. Last year, the lineup hit like it should but the pitching showed up well enough.

I don't trust this staff to do that again this year. They're a playoff team though.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't think the Yanks will do as well as people are hyping them up to do this year. Last year, the lineup hit like it should but the pitching showed up well enough.

I don't trust this staff to do that again this year. They're a playoff team though.

I could care less for the Yankees as a team but Big G is a sight to behold. I'm old enough to have seen Hank Aaron, Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski and all the great homerun hitters from the 70s and 80s. But the sound that comes off the bat from a Stanton homer is unlike anything I've ever heard before. I was chatting it up with Mike Lowell at a game a couple of years ago and my back was to the field and all of a sudden this crack. I saw his eyes and jaw make contortions like he'd never seen a homerun. I turned around and thought it was a foul ball because the Arizona fielders hadn't moved. I found out later the ball left Marlins Park through the open windows. That was a jack.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I could care less for the Yankees as a team but Big G is a sight to behold. I'm old enough to have seen Hank Aaron, Mike Schmidt, Greg Luzinski and all the great homerun hitters from the 70s and 80s. But the sound that comes off the bat from a Stanton homer is unlike anything I've ever heard before. I was chatting it up with Mike Lowell at a game a couple of years ago and my back was to the field and all of a sudden this crack. I saw his eyes and jaw make contortions like he'd never seen a homerun. I turned around and thought it was a foul ball because the Arizona fielders hadn't moved. I found out later the ball left Marlins Park through the open windows. That was a jack.
"Mike" Stanton is "country strong"/"hella strong".

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Huawei P20 Pro. Wow, the camera review is solid. This is definitely going to start an arms race as far as camera technology is concerned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)