WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Any thoughts on President Fullof****icus' unhinged attack on Amazon? I'm Jeff Bezos and I put that 2nd Amazon HQ in Miami or San Antonio just to see Combover Caligula pop a blood vessel.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It's just dumb really.
It's irritating. Rumplethinskin gets his tax relief bill for his rich buddies and now he's going to screw us hard-working folks over by taxing interstate e-commerce. Anybody who's smarter or more successful than this POS immediately goes to top of his s**t list.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Any thoughts on President Fullof****icus' unhinged attack on Amazon? I'm Jeff Bezos and I put that 2nd Amazon HQ in Miami or San Antonio just to see Combover Caligula pop a blood vessel.
He needs to lay off these play mates, models and adult actresses, including his current wife.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The problem when you bring money to the tablet to trade to access your is...as you get older, younger beauties get mature. So pretty girl turn to beauties, your *** gets old.

I should blog about this...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am debating how much is worth it to have a dedicated device just for school/schoolwork. I think it could help with focus but it can also be a very expensive trial. I have a great laptop that had great specs at the time that still hold well today but it's easy to get distracted on it since I view so many fun things, like YouTube videos and TV shows.

I have tried incognito/private mode and it doesn't work. MIA, you're a recent graduate, what did you do? Open to any suggestions. Since I do have to run a program for class, a i5 is sufficient.

I have debated this idea off and on but with the Microsoft store sale, it's on again. Considering the Surface Pro or Surface Laptop (probably a pipe dream but a bit much, I would have to shop around for deals). I'll like something that can be fixed if there's any issues.
I missed this earlier...

...it sounds like an expensive way to tackle the issue of you managing your habits of distraction (on first glance).

I had to have a dedicated machine to do what I needed to do. A laptop was too heavy since I was constantly on the go and didn't like to wrote papers on my work computer. I got the first gen Asus Windows Transformer, which I still use today. 85% of my MSW work was done on that machine. I use my tablet to bull**** on and to read my e-copy textbooks on while typing my papers on the Asus.

Point: grad school isn't cheap so one must always be careful and think through about adding things to ensure what you choose, you will use to its maximum potential.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I missed this earlier...

...it sounds like an expensive way to tackle the issue of you managing your habits of distraction (on first glance).

I had to have a dedicated machine to do what I needed to do. A laptop was too heavy since I was constantly on the go and didn't like to wrote papers on my work computer. I got the first gen Asus Windows Transformer, which I still use today. 85% of my MSW work was done on that machine. I use my tablet to bull**** on and to read my e-copy textbooks on while typing my papers on the Asus.

Point: grad school isn't cheap so one must always be careful and think through about adding things to ensure what you choose, you will use to its maximum potential.

It's fine, thanks for looking back. Yeah that's true. It doesn't have to be those things but I see the separation helping me out a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have the space or option to have a separate setup where I just work and another where I just play.

Ah, that makes sense, and I can picture that being a workable solution for you. Thanks for the wisdom.

You're so right about that. For me, it doesn't have to be one of those necessarily. The subtrack I'm doing is data management so I see more programs in my future. Currently I'm using R, which runs like a champ on the laptop I have but some of my classmates with entry level specs (which include some Macbooks too) have experienced it acting up which hasn't happened for me ever. I don't want to have a machine that struggles to handle any programs I need to use. (Even so, dropping a grand isn't really something I can do, so again deals are where it's at for me.)

You are right on the point as you know, but something else that has me considering this hard is that I have struggled with online classes because it's hard to focus. Unfortunately, I have to take some in the summer so you can probably picture how (academically) dangerous this can be if I don't come up with a solution.

Edit: What you do just gave me an idea. Maybe I could get another device for fun stuff, which will be a lot cheaper anyway and just clear out all of the stuff that is fun from my current laptop. Thanks!

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

For your sake, let's hope it's not another Verizon 24.

If I were to speculate, just for s***s and giggles, it will be Treo-like device similar to the KEYone with stylus support. It will presumably be Android but the guys at PivotCE have been quietly buzzing with their LuneOS project. That could well be a pipe dream but coupled with LG's recent open sourcing of webOS, it could provide them with the missing bits they need. They're already playing around with 64-bit support and other interesting things. I'm definitely intrigued.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If I were to speculate, just for s***s and giggles, it will be Treo-like device similar to the KEYone with stylus support. It will presumably be Android but the guys at PivotCE have been quietly buzzing with their LuneOS project. That could well be a pipe dream but coupled with LG's recent open sourcing of webOS, it could provide them with the missing bits they need. They're already playing around with 64-bit support and other interesting things. I'm definitely intrigued.
Verizon is still involved. Call me skeptical at this point.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So I'm in my office when all of a sudden I hear some low flying jets screaming by at tree top level. My first thought was of being buzzed by some F/A-18 Hornets on 9/11 because Bush 43 was in Florida and Air Force 1 was at Palm Beach International which is about 5 miles from where I was at the time.

Nah. Forgot today was Opening Day at Marlins Park.

WP_20180329_11_52_22_Pro (2).jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077