WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm in my office when all of a sudden I hear some low flying jets screaming by at tree top level. My first thought was of being buzzed by some F/A-18 Hornets on 9/11 because Bush 43 was in Florida and Air Force 1 was at Palm Beach International which is about 5 miles from where I was at the time.

Nah. Forgot today was Opening Day at Marlins Park.

View attachment 138958

Yess one of the best days of the year (even though the Nats don't get to play)!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yess one of the best days of the year (even though the Nats don't get to play)!
The better question is: did our teams win on Opening Day?

I know for sure that the team with the best winning percentage on Opening Day continued that tradition...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The better question is: did our teams win on Opening Day?

I know for sure that the team with the best winning percentage on Opening Day continued that tradition...
Uh.....no. If you believe in omens, Jose Urena gave up a serious jack on the first pitch. All 5 people in the stadium knew that kid Happ was looking first pitch fastball, did it occur to anybody to give him something off-speed?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Uh.....no. If you believe in omens, Jose Urena gave up a serious jack on the first pitch. All 5 people in the stadium knew that kid Happ was looking first pitch fastball, did it occur to anybody to give him something off-speed?

What’s opening day? What sport is this?
Hockey season is still going. No place for stickball.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sucks, man. I was hopeful you guys would hijack the Cubs, not give up bombs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...

I really appreciate the compact nature (to me) of the Mi Mix 2. I could it as my daily driver in the same way I could use a V30. In hand feel is nice...better than Andy's phone, much improved over the very nice feel of the Mi Note 2 and miles better than the Pixel 2.

In hand reference points: the Pixel 2 (2700mah) is slightly smaller than the Mi Mix 2(3400mah), which is slightly smaller than the Mi Note 2(4080mah).

I put a nice case on the Mixie and it's good to go. Used to MIUI, so no news there. I may take her out for a drove next week with the Huawei OG watch paired.

I like Pixie's data mover app...connect both devices via USB cable, and it works well Xiaomi has Mi Mover, which is done via WiFi and may not get all apps across. That sucks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We could’ve used some today. Oh wait that’s right, we gave ours away. Big G is at it already with the Yanks.
They'll play lots of close games or may get blown out a lot. Most people didn't expect the Phillies to take the step they did last year either.

As long as they beat the Braves and Nats, I'm good. Your team annoys the hell out of the Mets, so...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I got my midterm back (the one I was really concerned about) and I got a high B! I'm so relieved. I'll be fine after all. I just have to do well on the project and keep doing my best on assignments.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

They'll play lots of close games or may get blown out a lot. Most people didn't expect the Phillies to take the step they did last year either.

As long as they beat the Braves and Nats, I'm good. Your team annoys the hell out of the Mets, so...

This is true. So one of my friends who is a Phillies fan wants us to really go to a game together this year. We were supposed to go last season with another mutual friend but he flaked. It's going to happen with or without said friend. lol. If anything, I hope the game would be a good one LOL.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So...

I really appreciate the compact nature (to me) of the Mi Mix 2. I could it as my daily driver in the same way I could use a V30. In hand feel is nice...better than Andy's phone, much improved over the very nice feel of the Mi Note 2 and miles better than the Pixel 2.

In hand reference points: the Pixel 2 (2700mah) is slightly smaller than the Mi Mix 2(3400mah), which is slightly smaller than the Mi Note 2(4080mah).

I put a nice case on the Mixie and it's good to go. Used to MIUI, so no news there. I may take her out for a drove next week with the Huawei OG watch paired.

I like Pixie's data mover app...connect both devices via USB cable, and it works well Xiaomi has Mi Mover, which is done via WiFi and may not get all apps across. That sucks.

I was looking forward to your impressions so far with the Mi Mix 2, thanks for posting. It sounds like it can be a nice inbetween for you, even in the physical sense. (You mentioned software previously so I mean in the other ways).

That sounds annoying about not being able to get all of your apps across. I get those feels, because manually setting up everything will take a while.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was looking forward to your impressions so far with the Mi Mix 2, thanks for posting. It sounds like it can be a nice inbetween for you, even in the physical sense. (You mentioned software previously so I mean in the other ways).

That sounds annoying about not being able to get all of your apps across. I get those feels, because manually setting up everything will take a while.
It's a nice phone. Really nice. I like the tools like nature of the Pixie and that polished feel of the Mixie.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster