WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The Mi Mix 2 impressions wise reminds me of...a HTC Titan. It evokes that big screen, brawny, raw power, immersive feel of that phone. Such a fun device to use...and this will be a fun one in its own way.

The no headphone jack bums the hell out of me, but aesthetically, I get it. I'd trade the FFC for the jack though. The reason why I almost love this design is it reminds of a Sony Ericsson M600, is that I wish there was a version of this device that had no FFC. Turn this into a 6.2" screen sans FFC and I'd be so stoked to use it.

Still, it's a head turner. I like it so far. A lot too.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So I got my midterm back (the one I was really concerned about) and I got a high B! I'm so relieved. I'll be fine after all. I just have to do well on the project and keep doing my best on assignments.
Congratulations! Keep up the good work. ☺️

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Back in Kota Kinabalu for the Easter weekend

qpdH39j.jpg

... !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So it appears to be a less frantic Friday as many folks are honoring the Easter weekend.

But when you work at a hospital, nothing is really ever less frantic. Let's see how the day actually goes.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the Mix 2. For my mitts, it's compact in the same vein as the V30. Secreen is solid, performance is crisp enough and MIUI is...still MIUI. It's on the global stable - I set it up with 7.1.1 and it updated to 8.0 + February 2018 security patches.

Screen is very immersive, even more so than the V30 from my hand on with it. I'm gonna miss the hell out of my Mi Note 2; the Mi Mix 2 has justified why I would part with the Mi Note 2 for it.

If I still wanted big screen daily drivers, I'd use the Mi Mix 2 for sure.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is grad school? I only did a little over a year in college so I'm not well versed in academia.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is grad school? I only did a little over a year in college so I'm not well versed in academia.
That's the Masters level foo-foo bull****. I'll be honest and say that the only reason why I went back to get a master's was because in my line of work they will criminally underpay you will a regular college degree only. They do that with a master's still but it is so egregious without one it's not even funny.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's the Masters level foo-foo bull****. I'll be honest and say that the only reason why I went back to get a master's was because in my line of work they will criminally underpay you will a regular college degree only. They do that with a master's still but it is so egregious without one it's not even funny.

In your field, it's probably more prominent but it's kind of similar in mine, to a point. In my case, having a Masters means I can go anywhere basically. The ceiling is very real without a MLIS (never mind the pay difference too).

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Does the salary disparity offset the cost of a Master's Degree? I'm looking at it from the prospect of retiring at 62 as opposed to 67. You'll get roughly $500/month less at 62 but by the time you reach 67 you're already $30k ahead of the game. You'd have to live until 77 just to break even and of course there's no guarantee you'll make it to 77 - or 67 for that matter.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Does the salary disparity offset the cost of a Master's Degree? I'm looking at it from the prospect of retiring at 62 as opposed to 67. You'll get roughly $500/month less at 62 but by the time you reach 67 you're already $30k ahead of the game. You'd have to live until 77 just to break even and of course there's no guarantee you'll make it to 77 - or 67 for that matter.
In theory it is supposed to, provided you manage your money correctly (have savings and investments) and pay off the damn loans quickly. The idea has been that with a master's and or a doctorate, your earning potential is higher - especially once you clear the loans.

Back in your time and the time of many of my clients at work, you didn't need a college degree in order to get into the middle class as if you hit on the right job and grinded it out (and was smart with your money above), you'd be OK. Now, that **** is virtually over. Because of increased cost of living, and other factors, many places are trying to tie college level education into those positions. That can lead to one of Rue's favorite things: newly minted college grads asking for big bucks with no experience just because they have a degree.

It's why you can not rely on SSI/Medicare as the politrickians done ****ed that up too. Many of the clients I work with are in the no man's land where they had blue collar jobs and the Medicare coverage has more holes in it than a Combover Calligula press conference speech. It forces them to burn though savings that they have or if they didn't save, get screwed faster. And with ol' Combover slashing Medicaid, it is harder to bend the system slightly to get people in need the help they need.

Sorry, had to snowball and rant it there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Another work week ends...lots of work done, lots of work not completed. Hit reset over the weekend, get ready for next week, I suppose.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess we gotta notch 'em up. Looks like the OnePlus 6 will come with a cutout too.

It doesn't bother me, but the Carl Pei fanboys had a **** when he posted "learn to love the notch".

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The naming ceremony went as expected. It was good.

Aside from a lady saying that I'm next and then my mom saying that I'll get married and then give her a baby to said lady.

I told my sister and brother about it and my sister said that she wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall for that conversation with our Mom and that she hopes that I change my mind. My response was simple, I never wanted them.

In fact, I have never worried or thought about the baby clock ticking...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Before the event, I got to hold my nephew for the first time. I was scared but it was cool.

Just finished most of the cleanup from it. I'm tired. I figured that I wouldn't be able to set up the new thing I picked up today, but hopefully tomorrow. We'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs