WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As much I would like a V30, I may just with the Mixie and Pixie show solely. I like both devices as they run smooth and bring different things to the table.

Pixie is the work phone and Mixie is for those flash days. While I really love the Swiss army nature of the V30, the software situation is really the killer for me.

Plus the price hasn't come down as yet as typical with LG phones. I may change my mind later in the year, but for right now I'm good with these two.

Maybe I should have quoted this post instead of your post before this about the Mixie, but oh well lol. I think you have a great set here based on what each one brings.

This sounds good to me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like you're getting wedding jitters with attending all these weddings. It's that time in life where you guys people get hitched. That's how it goes.

The pressures on women are still as intense as always when it comes to this, even though some social values have changed...

Yep, that's possible. It feels like the year of it. This would be my first time attending a wedding for a friend. The other ones have been family or a family friend.

This is so true and I think it's something that I can kind of relate to feeling. Seeing this go down with friends still has me wondering if I should try to make more of an effort to date people this year. I wouldn't want to be with someone just to be with someone, because that's not what I do.

My friend, the one who has been talking about pairing one of his friends with me, recently told me (with an audience of his gf, and 2 mutual friends as well) that he was single for four years. In this case, it means what it sounds like, since he is a relationship guy. There were no late night sessions but he was dating people and none of those dates went anywhere until now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I should have quoted this post instead of your post before this about the Mixie, but oh well lol. I think you have a great set here based on what each one brings.

This sounds good to me.
I think so. I wish the camera on the Mix 2 was better, but I'm not sure that the V30's is that much better. 99 can answer as he's used both. Outside of the Pixie I was looking for a firm #2 to use 1-2 times a week and do some different things.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yep, that's possible. It feels like the year of it. This would be my first time attending a wedding for a friend. The other ones have been family or a family friend.

This is so true and I think it's something that I can kind of relate to feeling. Seeing this go down with friends still has me wondering if I should try to make more of an effort to date people this year. I wouldn't want to be with someone just to be with someone, because that's not what I do.

My friend, the one who has been talking about pairing one of his friends with me, recently told me (with an audience of his gf, and 2 mutual friends as well) that he was single for four years. In this case, it means what it sounds like, since he is a relationship guy. There were no late night sessions but he was dating people and none of those dates went anywhere until now.
We talk about stuff like this in our section of the office all the time, as the girl in your age group who started a few months before me in engaged with her wedding planned for this year.

If you know what you want and genuinely stay in tune, it'll help you ferret through the bull**** that is dating these days. It's not easy at all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think so. I wish the camera on the Mix 2 was better, but I'm not sure that the V30's is that much better. 99 can answer as he's used both. Outside of the Pixie I was looking for a firm #2 to use 1-2 times a week and do some different things.
Gotcha. In that case, it does sound like you picked a winner here.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We talk about stuff like this in our section of the office all the time, as the girl in your age group who started a few months before me in engaged with her wedding planned for this year.

If you know what you want and genuinely stay in tune, it'll help you ferret through the bull**** that is dating these days. It's not easy at all.

Oh wow. She speaks to your point.

You're right, I'll keep that in mind. I have heard so much that it is challenging.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow. She speaks to your point.

You're right, I'll keep that in mind. I have heard so much that it is challenging.
Like anything else, it's not easy. She's talked about the bumps she's been through and how both her and the fianceé are still learning. My married colleague yesterday was talking about how the wedding day is just the starting point, not the point to start coasting.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Like anything else, it's not easy. She's talked about the bumps she's been through and how both her and the fianceé are still learning. My married colleague yesterday was talking about how the wedding day is just the starting point, not the point to start coasting.

I can believe that for sure. From what my sister tells me, it does sound like an adjustment.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Typed that last response from the Surface Pro. It took me an hour to figure out why it wasn't charging but it's cool. It's nice so far to be able to use some of these apps I have paid for previously for Windows 10 Mobile again. As someone who has never had a keyboard that was backlit, I am enjoying this experience so far.

On a related note, Instagram on a bigger screen is not as bad as I thought it would be but I'll leave that experience to my phone only.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

My stab on being arty

The landcruiser has been left here so long, nature has begun to take over
LCkZ0BT.jpg

mYHQ380.jpg

One pimped up set of wheels
92eLmSF.jpg

... !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Typed that last response from the Surface Pro. It took me an hour to figure out why it wasn't charging but it's cool. It's nice so far to be able to use some of these apps I have paid for previously for Windows 10 Mobile again. As someone who has never had a keyboard that was backlit, I am enjoying this experience so far.

On a related note, Instagram on a bigger screen is not as bad as I thought it would be but I'll leave that experience to my phone only.
So I guess you did get one after all...?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes I did. I considered my options and found a deal that made it hurt less to buy.

I decided to let my i7 processor computer be the workhorse and just go base on the Surface.
Congratulations on seemingly channeling your inner 99 to find that deal. I hope this works out for you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Congratulations on seemingly channeling your inner 99 to find that deal. I hope this works out for you.

Haha thank you. I don't think I'm on his level, it just worked out. I also had some funds in my Paypal, which helped too.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's a street performer in a very unique custome. I didn't feel like taking a pictureThat's a street performer in a very unique custome. I didn't feel like taking a picture of the beareded white guy in Speedos running around, so I posted this instead.
Cool. I'm glad you chose the picture you did. 😉

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Cool shots! ☺️
Took a bit of editing on Fantasia Painter... It was done by literally finger painting in the colour saturation, HDR-effects etc.. 15mins job!!!

I posted it on IG/FB ... Quoting "Big Yellow Taxi" the lyrics came to mind "They paved paradise, Put up a parking lot".. This was nature taking back control... Then someone chimed in with something from Talking Heads "...There was a parking lot, now there's nothing but flowers"....
... !

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cool. I'm glad you chose the picture you did.
Yeah, I didn't want you to flag me here. I will say that this person's costume was elaborate as there was a slot machine style look to the front too and a line of people waiting to try it.

Just goes to show you how creative people are here to hustle up a dollar to survive and get ahead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99