WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's something that those who want to do it, just will have to adjust to. The married people will tell more here.
Adjustments are not the province of married people. We all have to make adjustments almost on a daily basis whether it's a new supervisor, a new job or even a new route to work because of construction. I've always hated when people say that a relationship is something you have to work at. That's unadulterated bulls**t. Work requires a conscious effort and if you have to navigate a relationship by actually having to think about it, you're doomed. I'm 23 years into my 2nd marriage so I think I have a pretty good idea what works and what doesn't. If she has a searing headache in the morning, it should be 2nd nature to make some coffee for her and tell her to lay down for a few more minutes. Don't expect breakfast, make it yourself or hit Dunkin' Donuts.

What I do suggest to new couples is to push the boundaries every now and then. Not to see what you can get away with but to see how far the other one is willing to go. You never know what your mate is comfortable with unless you go there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Adjustments are not the province of married people. We all have to make adjustments almost on a daily basis whether it's a new supervisor, a new job or even a new route to work because of construction. I've always hated when people say that a relationship is something you have to work at. That's unadulterated bulls**t. Work requires a conscious effort and if you have to navigate a relationship by actually having to think about it, you're doomed. I'm 23 years into my 2nd marriage so I think I have a pretty good idea what works and what doesn't. If she has a searing headache in the morning, it should be 2nd nature to make some coffee for her and tell her to lay down for a few more minutes. Don't expect breakfast, make it yourself or hit Dunkin' Donuts.

What I do suggest to new couples is to push the boundaries every now and then. Not to see what you can get away with but to see how far the other one is willing to go. You never know what your mate is comfortable with unless you go there.
While I get and respect where you're coming from, if you didn't pay attention to what was going on, you wouldn't have figured out what works and what doesn't for you.

Not everyone pays attention. Some people pick things up faster than others. And sadly, no everyone is willing to adjust.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

While I get and respect where you're coming from, if you didn't pay attention to what was going on, you wouldn't have figured out what works and what doesn't for you.

Not everyone pays attention. Some people pick things up faster than others. And sadly, no everyone is willing to adjust.
Any wonder why I'm on my 2nd marriage? In my defense, wife #1 was a redhead.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hm, that's an interesting viewpoint but that does make a lot of sense. Thanks for the wisdom.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Some pictures I took with my v30
7977ed002f8c44b9ebe35500b337c116.jpg
51b07f2afe7aba199ff71b41d49c8f3e.jpg
944a277992185dd1669c46168e040fd7.jpg
e30835441e96d68212e12668d7222fb0.jpg
2e668912a7e5ec3bd7e3fc9ac376196e.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb