WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

After all that.. all it really tell me is, iPhones should have an expandable memory slot !! Haha.

... !
It goes to show you how much a company will invest in securing its product in a manner that it seems profitable.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This is an interesting watch...it illustrates how powerful our dollars are as consumers. It also shows how much skill and industry is behind getting us the products we crave.

https://youtu.be/rHP-OPXK2ig

I did wonder if he was going to be able to do it successfully but I was glad to see that he did. That aside, he did have some points that I never thought of and that makes a lot of sense actually.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I did wonder if he was going to be able to do it successfully but I was glad to see that he did. That aside, he did have some points that I never thought of and that makes a lot of sense actually.
Remember that he was working on one device. Much of the manufacturing process is automated, I'd suspect, except for certain key parts.

As much I as don't read stuff on iMore, Rene wrote a fanstic piece years back on why Apple stuck with the storage tiers in the way that they do. OEMs want you as the end to get emotionally attached to one device and feed you services to that device...then replicate that experience across as many people as possible. Most people only one one phone and don't change phones much because phones are still a luxury item.

This guy taps into a small percentage of humans who like Apple's products but don't like their restrictions. Would I do what he did to modify a phone? Hell no. But credit is due in terms of creativity to both Apple for designing their product and people who want to modify Apple products to fit their needs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmm interesting review. 90 is quite a high score. It almost makes it interesting to try but the response on the battery life and front camera is enough to not actually do it. If I want average, I can just stick with my 7. With the way how I use it, it works for me even though it isn't great.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmm interesting review. 90 is quite a high score. It almost makes it interesting to try but the response on the battery life and front camera is enough to not actually do it. If I want average, I can just stick with my 7. With the way how I use it, it works for me even though it isn't great.
Lol. As much as Sony seems like they're getting the pricing right, they still feel a step behind everyone else.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lol. As much as Sony seems like they're getting the pricing right, they still feel a step behind everyone else.

This is true. Also I would probably choose the rumored A6 phone coming from Samsung over this. Not much is out about the series but they are said to be smaller than the A8 series. The non plus supposedly shares a processor with the A3 so uh, I have low hopes.

Speaking of rumored phones, apparently a product red iPhone 8 series will be announced tomorrow. Now that sounds interesting to me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is true. Also I would probably choose the rumored A6 phone coming from Samsung over this. Not much is out about the series but they are said to be smaller than the A8 series. The non plus supposedly shares a processor with the A3 so uh, I have low hopes.

Speaking of rumored phones, apparently a product red iPhone 8 series will be announced tomorrow. Now that sounds interesting to me.
I saw that and didn't want to say anything. I figure we would have said it yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05