WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I remember you saying something along those lines with the red 7s. I miss having a white front so this is welcoming to me.
Well, it sounds in your wheelhouse then. I've seen a few red iPhones in the wild in NYC.

As for me...I'll pass. I'd love to have a white Pixel 2, but I have to wait.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Some days I just want to pull out the 950 XL to live "a simpler kind of life".

It's therapeutic my brother. I hear my wife's V20 chiming away every 10-15 minutes and it gives me a neck twitch. When it's not emails for shoe specials, somebody posting about constipation remedies on Facebook or fancy patio furniture on Pinterest. For the love of Jeebus!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's therapeutic my brother. I hear my wife's V20 chiming away every 10-15 minutes and it gives me a neck twitch. When it's not emails for shoe specials, somebody posting about constipation remedies on Facebook or fancy patio furniture on Pinterest. For the love of Jeebus!
What colour V20 does she have? How does she like the camera?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

What colour V20 does she have? How does she like the camera?
Hers is the "Titan" greyish looking thing. She loves having the signature on the secondary display but I'm afraid she's gonna be looking at another phone soon. The camera is very good but it's got a dead pixel about 2cm long just underneath the selfie cam. Battery life has been atrocious for about a week now since the latest update. I mean it's lucky to get 5 hours out of it. I'm thinking the dead pixel and the poor battery life run hand in hand because the battery chart always lists the display chugging 25% and that's unheard of.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I never thought that I would say this but it seems like one of my professors grades way too fast. At least I got an A this time though, and I hope and pray to have the same fate on the quiz.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hers is the "Titan" greyish looking thing. She loves having the signature on the secondary display but I'm afraid she's gonna be looking at another phone soon. The camera is very good but it's got a dead pixel about 2cm long just underneath the selfie cam. Battery life has been atrocious for about a week now since the latest update. I mean it's lucky to get 5 hours out of it. I'm thinking the dead pixel and the poor battery life run hand in hand because the battery chart always lists the display chugging 25% and that's unheard of.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk
I'm sorry to hear that the dead pixel and battery problems happened. 😞

Mine is the silver one. I purchased several replacement batteries when those were still available brand new, and I also got the battery charger, so hopefully I won't have battery issues.

I'm not sure what would be causing the screen to eat up so much battery.
866be3edb21872727cbc50b1de824a7d.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I might have to update my iPhone unfortunately. I had an unexpected shutdown the other day for the first time (at a random percentage) and it hasn't happened since but I still have worries about that possibly happening again. According to Apple, this was fixed for the 7 series in 11.2 something. My hands are tied but I really don't want to do it.

Considering that this happened while I was at school(!!), I really can't take the chance but I'll like to weigh my options.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just want access to Qi + micro SD + 3.5mm jack. It's only the 950XL in my stable that can do that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Was twiddling my thumbs and ended up getting a Q Explorist 3 on a nice deal.

To be honest, in comparison to the OG Huawei watch it's a side move. The Q is bigger, has ambient light sensor built in and is more future proof OS wise. The Huawei has a HRM and still looks like a stunner. They both should fit with the Mi Mix 2 just fine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To be honest, in comparison to the OG Huawei watch it's a side move. The Q is bigger, has ambient light sensor built in and is more future proof OS wise. The Huawei has a HRM and still looks like a stunner. They both should fit with the Mi Mix 2 just fine.
I just have to figure out what to do with my Moto 360. It's still a nice watch and I like it...but need to decide.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Congrats! I'm looking forward to hearing about your impressions with it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've tried it on in Best Buy and loved the weight of the smoke grey one. I liked the stainless steel one too as it looked like the smoke grey version. I went with the rose gold because as much as I don't like gold, it's nice to have a gold looking watch in the closet. So I'm looking forward to it. Plus it'll match the gold accents on the Mix 2 just fine.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I might have to update my iPhone unfortunately. I had an unexpected shutdown the other day for the first time (at a random percentage) and it hasn't happened since but I still have worries about that possibly happening again. According to Apple, this was fixed for the 7 series in 11.2 something. My hands are tied but I really don't want to do it.

Considering that this happened while I was at school(!!), I really can't take the chance but I'll like to weigh my options.

I possibly don't have the time to do a 25+ minute drive to the Apple Store run this week but it seems like I have 3 (or 4?) options.
1) Update it and take a hit for sure on the battery life front, requiring a battery case after all (that brick life). Apple is only signing the current update, which means I wouldn't have the option to just roll back to the update where this was fixed.
2) Leave it where it is, trade it in along with my other trade in value I got and get a iPhone 8.
3) Do the above step but get another SE. I know. I miss the small form factor. (kind of a plot twist but unlikely because that camera isn't the best in situations I need it for occasionally.)
4) Take a pause on doing anything here and switch back to the Galaxy A3 (which is a solid phone, but has performance hiccups), and possibly dabble with a phone hunt again, maybe an Android phone?

Just wanted to write my options out so that I could refer to them later. I do know a thing though, I don't want to have 3 phones.

Whoa it's past time for me to sleep...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99