WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Dang, I just watched a camera comparison between the XZ1C and XZ2C, and there is a difference in processing for the better. Maybe I might want to try the XZ2C after all but it's the price of a Pixel 2. I'm sure that I can wait for a price drop.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Dang, I just watched a camera comparison between the XZ1C and XZ2C, and there is a difference in processing for the better. Maybe I might want to try the XZ2C after all but it's the price of a Pixel 2. I'm sure that I can wait for a price drop.
Good luck with that. Sony could have gone the value added route by pricing the Compact for $550 and the Z for $750 to really move units...

But we're talking about Sony here.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck with that. Sony could have gone the value added route by pricing the Compact for $550 and the Z for $750 to really move units...

But we're talking about Sony here.

I totally agree. I don't know if I have your level of willpower but considering events going down for school, I can wait. I went back to my A3 and that will do for now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Returned the Surface Pro just now and fortunately, I got a very understanding person who refunded the entire amount, without a restocking fee. Even the mouse too.

Back to the drawing board for me.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Returned the Surface Pro just now and fortunately, I got a very understanding person who refunded the entire amount, without a restocking fee. Even the mouse too.

Back to the drawing board for me.
Just out of curiosity, why the Surface Pro?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, why the Surface Pro?

I always wanted to try one, ever since I started following Windows Central and reading about the love for Surface from some people here. I also figured I wanted something that I can get repaired in case I have issues. That's really it, mostly.
Also I don't really enjoy touch input for long periods of time when it comes to screens bigger than my phone. The fact that it had the option to come with a keyboard sold me on trying it. As one can see by my posts, I totally get my type on and I am always multitasking somehow. It's kind of challenging to do that on something with touch input only.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True, can't disagree with that but some of us cave anyway.
I cave too, that's why I have 4(!) phones in total and 4 smartwatches....much if these I need to unload.

It's not easy, but after a while it gets fatiguing having to deal with all this crap that'll get old soon enough.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I cave too, that's why I have 4(!) phones in total and 4 smartwatches....much if these I need to unload.

It's not easy, but after a while it gets fatiguing having to deal with all this crap that'll get old soon enough.
I hear ya. I've whittled down the number of devices for the sake of my sanity. I settled on the Fitbit Ionic because it has a great cross-platform app and I can use it on all 3 OSes. With Fitbit Pay I also have contact-less payment even on Windows so that's a boon. I've grown tired of playing with email clients to do what I want them to do and I've had to hoist the white flag and admit to myself that Outlook on WP is the best for those with multiple accounts. I'm undecided on my LTE iPad Air 2 since I'm also keeping an Android or iPhone SE (can't decide) for the rare times I might need an app. I do hate redundancy so I'm torn on the iPad because it's a really nice tablet. Much better than the Galaxy Tab S3 I had not too long ago. The display on the missus' V20 is dying a slow death so she might be inheriting my S8+ soon - one less device to worry about. Well, it's off to the rat race. It was too quiet this morning to be true. Peace!

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I can relate to that, especially about having to deal with all of the stuff in general but then selling them feels like a chase. I struggle with it but lately, having to think about that and what I went through with selling the 950 (how I could ever forget it?), has me less likely to leap to try more stuff.

I think about that but then I remember, and I question if it's really worth it for me to deal with another thing. I like being down to 2 devices (traded in the SE for Apple gift card, recycled the 650 a while ago). I never said it here but trying the XZ1C felt like a mistake to do when I was trying to sell that phone. I was thankful that I had someone that wanted out the gate, but if not them, it could have been another long journey. I don't think I could ever be down to one because having a backup device is SO important.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I hear ya. I've whittled down the number of devices for the sake of my sanity. I settled on the Fitbit Ionic because it has a great cross-platform app and I can use it on all 3 OSes. With Fitbit Pay I also have contact-less payment even on Windows so that's a boon. I've grown tired of playing with email clients to do what I want them to do and I've had to hoist the white flag and admit to myself that Outlook on WP is the best for those with multiple accounts. I'm undecided on my LTE iPad Air 2 since I'm also keeping an Android or iPhone SE (can't decide) for the rare times I might need an app. I do hate redundancy so I'm torn on the iPad because it's a really nice tablet. Much better than the Galaxy Tab S3 I had not too long ago. The display on the missus' V20 is dying a slow death so she might be inheriting my S8+ soon - one less device to worry about. Well, it's off to the rat race. It was too quiet this morning to be true. Peace!

Sanity is so important, I can also relate to that as well. It sounds like you chose well with the Fitbit Ionic. Sounds like the iPad might work better as an iOS representative for you since it has LTE? Either way, it sounds like you have choices to make possibly. I think having a lot of devices can be annoying at times, or at least it annoyed me having to stare at them daily.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like the iPad might work better as an iOS representative for you since it has LTE?
Portability is the main issue. I can stuff an SE in the smallest shirt pocket with no hassle so there's that. It's not a huge consideration but there's also the cost of having that data line open. The Digits line is only $10 per month but it's more effective because of voice/text plus I never lose anything on my call/text logs between devices.

Because I'd want something really small for backup duties, I now see how you're so conflicted on small Androids. You prefer a smaller device for daily duties but you want the ability to have flagship-grade cameras and performance without getting a phablet. Android doesn't do that segment too well from what I've noticed while Apple has that covered with the SE. I don't need a good selfie camera so I'll probably wait to see about the new Sony Compact or maybe a flagship from a couple of years ago before display sizes went bonkers. It never ends does it?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Portability is the main issue. I can stuff an SE in the smallest shirt pocket with no hassle so there's that. It's not a huge consideration but there's also the cost of having that data line open. The Digits line is only $10 per month but it's more effective because of voice/text plus I never lose anything on my call/text logs between devices.

Because I'd want something really small for backup duties, I now see how you're so conflicted on small Androids. You prefer a smaller device for daily duties but you want the ability to have flagship-grade cameras and performance without getting a phablet. Android doesn't do that segment too well from what I've noticed while Apple has that covered with the SE. I don't need a good selfie camera so I'll probably wait to see about the new Sony Compact or maybe a flagship from a couple of years ago before display sizes went bonkers. It never ends does it?

Ah, that makes a lot of sense actually, I totally understand your issue here. Yep, you are correct about that. It is a tricky balance. I find that the SE is really good at nailing most of those things. The XZ1C really disappointed me when it came to the cameras in certain settings.

The A3 I have has better cameras over the SE but weaker performance. It would be nice if Sony matched the camera performance of the A3, if not do better than it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd like to come down devices wise. The 950XL is a collector's piece so that doesn't really count; so does the OG Hu watch. I'd like to keep it to the Pixie and Mi Mix 2 for right now. Watch wise, the Hu Watch 2 is set. I'll likely sell the Moto 360, so my active items will be the watch 2, fossil, Pixie and Mixie.

I'd love a V-series device, but I'm on the fence. Just not a fan of that direction LG has taken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss