WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Maybe a year from now when I don't have as much stress as I do now.

Can only go through the motions and see what happens.
It appears that the stress levels for the vets here are pretty high. I'm hopeful that the rest of the year brings more successes and less stressors for everyone - posters and lurkers alike.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It appears that the stress levels for the vets here are pretty high.
To me, that's inexcusable. I was part of a major renovation project at the Miami VA about 8 years ago and I'm still not over the conditions I saw when we did a pre-con walk through with the Army Corps of Engineers.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To me, that's inexcusable. I was part of a major renovation project at the Miami VA about 8 years ago and I'm still not over the conditions I saw when we did a pre-con walk through with the Army Corps of Engineers.
It goes in waves, I suppose.

There's a lot of things in the world that's inexcusable (like what's currently at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave), but we have to work through them. I'm just hopeful things end up improving in the way folks want, including for me as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

While I might be one to prefer to use Apple phones, that doesn't mean that what Apple chooses to do doesn't frustrate me.

I guess this is a mini rant? Feel free to ignore.

Apple does update their phones for a while which is nice (idealistically) but what is the price? The price seems to be not only a hit in performance but also a hit in battery life, even for phones with a new battery. As an owner of a iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1, battery life is pretty good but the tradeoff is unexpected shutdowns. It took Apple over a year to fix this issue with iPhone 7s with 11.2.

I don't need to mention how bad iOS 11 has been. It's just stupid that you can have better performance on 11 but bad battery life. If you want a 7, it seems like you can get a new one from Apple with reduced battery life, a new refurbished one with better battery life on older software but have the experience of unexpected shutdowns. I wish I knew that iPhone 7s had this issue too. Such a first world problem, I know but it kind of sucks to feel like you have no good options.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

While I might be one to prefer to use Apple phones, that doesn't mean that what Apple chooses to do doesn't frustrate me.

I guess this is a mini rant? Feel free to ignore.

Apple does update their phones for a while which is nice (idealistically) but what is the price? The price seems to be not only a hit in performance but also a hit in battery life, even for phones with a new battery. As an owner of a iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1, battery life is pretty good but the tradeoff is unexpected shutdowns. It took Apple over a year to fix this issue with iPhone 7s with 11.2.

I don't need to mention how bad iOS 11 has been. It's just stupid that you can have better performance on 11 but bad battery life. If you want a 7, it seems like you can get a new one from Apple with reduced battery life, a new refurbished one with better battery life on older software but have the experience of unexpected shutdowns. I wish I knew that iPhone 7s had this issue too. Such a first world problem, I know but it kind of sucks to feel like you have no good options.
#datthrottlingrottenfruit

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

#datthrottlingrottenfruit

Haha, true. I guess that is a valid point. I don't know where sense went, sticking to Android seems to be a possibility. I mean Samsung, and Sony seem to do updates without breaking massive things? Didn't know it was so hard.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha, true. I guess that is a valid point. I don't know where sense went, sticking to Android seems to be a possibility. I mean Samsung, and Sony seem to do updates without breaking massive things? Didn't know it was so hard.
All software breaks stuff. It's tech. Boils down to what your compromises are.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

All software breaks stuff. It's tech. Boils down to what your compromises are.

That's a great point but this is a terrible one. There are just terrible ones that make you wonder what the devs were thinking. I still can't get over the I glitch even happening, how many times do people type that in a day? A lot, actually.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a great point but this is a terrible one. There are just terrible ones that make you wonder what the devs were thinking. I still can't get over the I glitch even happening, how many times do people type that in a day? A lot, actually.
Writing code isn't easy. Making sure these things work takes time, especially with consumers (and OEM management) having less patience these days.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Writing code isn't easy. Making sure these things work takes time, especially with consumers (and OEM management) having less patience these days.

I believe it, I can't even begin to imagine how it is to write code for a whole OS. I'm learning Python for class and I have gotten stuck a lot so far. I just hope iOS 12 will be better than iOS 11.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I believe it, I can't even begin to imagine how it is to write code for a whole OS. I'm learning Python for class and I have gotten stuck a lot so far. I just hope iOS 12 will be better than iOS 11.
Hope so, for your sake. I haven't updated my work for from iOS 10. I've got no intention in doing so either.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Writing code is a lot easier these days as software takes a lot of headaches out of it. Writing good code on the other hand is difficult and not many people subscribe to that because it's too hard.

That is the issue with programming today.

Not many people know how to debug well. They rely heavily on the software to help. Often things get missed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb