WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It appears that the stress levels for the vets here are pretty high. I'm hopeful that the rest of the year brings more successes and less stressors for everyone - posters and lurkers alike.
I'll be fine. It's just a lot happened and we're still working through that.

The future feels a bit uncertain at the moment and I'm not keen on the feeling.

At the moment it's just going along for the ride and seeing what happens. Not my usual way of doing things.

I'm not overly concerned by the way. We have several back up plans. Just not sure when to implement them...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Writing code is a lot easier these days as software takes a lot of headaches out of it. Writing good code on the other hand is difficult and not many people subscribe to that because it's too hard.

That is the issue with programming today.

Not many people know how to debug well. They rely heavily on the software to help. Often things get missed.
I suppose that's one of the cons with adavances. We go through the pain to find ways to make things easier, but that experiential learning can teach us higher skills. But when we start with the easier way mapped out, not everyone can take that conceptually to build on it to learn those higher skills.

Hence your favorite comment about newly minted college grads wanting supervisory money right after school because they just went to college...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I suppose that's one of the cons with adavances. We go through the pain to find ways to make things easier, but that experiential learning can teach us higher skills. But when we start with the easier way mapped out, not everyone can take that conceptually to build on it to learn those higher skills.

Hence your favorite comment about newly minted college grads wanting supervisory money right after school because they just went to college...
The problem is that colleges tell them that as well. It's being told to them.

'the new leaders' mantra

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's just unfortunate as to the tablet situation on Android. There's really nothing out there that can replace my Z3, to which I have to nurse these days as the build is breaking down.

If Google came out with a 8", 128GB, 4GB RAM, IP67 tablet, I'd be happy. If Sony updated the internally and design for the Z3 I'd buy it instantly. I suppose this is one of the drawbacks in finding tech that you like. Once it starts to break down, if it wasn't a popular model, you get screwed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's just unfortunate as to the tablet situation on Android. There's really nothing out there that can replace my Z3, to which I have to nurse these days as the build is breaking down.

If Google came out with a 8", 128GB, 4GB RAM, IP67 tablet, I'd be happy. If Sony updated the internally and design for the Z3 I'd buy it instantly. I suppose this is one of the drawbacks in finding tech that you like. Once it starts to break down, if it wasn't a popular model, you get screwed.
I'd buy an iPad mini, but the apps I have aren't truly platform agnostic. So I'm not willing to pay Apple money again for data in apps I have on Android. So I'll keep waiting.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This is true, it really seems like a one of a kind tablet. They should have done a Microsoft move and release the Pixelbook and a tablet but considering how the Pixel C is done, that probably shows how much they really care.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The problem is that colleges tell them that as well. It's being told to them.

'the new leaders' mantra
I don't know.

I believe in the idea of giving each generation the space necessary to grow into their legacy. Each generation has a different focal point. But I don't think we've equipped the current group for that transition as well as we could have...as such the future is very scary.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is true, it really seems like a one of a kind tablet. They should have done a Microsoft move and release the Pixelbook and a tablet but considering how the Pixel C is done, that probably shows how much they really care.
Google just got to a point where their Pixel 3 will be that device where they can really be a more rounded standard bearer. They are nowhere near that in the tablet space.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm quite happy with the Huawei MediaPad M3. It's got pretty much everything on your list minus the 128GB. I have the 64GB version. Oh and Huawei finally got it to Feb security patch as well. Only 7.0 though for OS. But it hasn't slowed down a bit in the year that I have had it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm quite happy with the Huawei MediaPad M3. It's got pretty much everything on your list minus the 128GB. I have the 64GB version. Oh and Huawei finally got it to Feb security patch as well. Only 7.0 though for OS. But it hasn't slowed down a bit in the year that I have had it.
I'm happy with my tablet. It's just physically not aging well now. This really could have used 7.0.

I'm not getting another tablet that isn't good with OS and security patches. During it's time, Sony did a great job of maintaining it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm happy with my tablet. It's just physically not aging well now. This really could have used 7.0.

I'm not getting another tablet that isn't good with OS and security patches. During it's time, Sony did a great job of maintaining it.

If it’s updates you’re after, it’s hard to bet against the iPad. At the prices they’re selling for now, it’s even tougher.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If it’s updates you’re after, it’s hard to bet against the iPad. At the prices they’re selling for now, it’s even tougher.
I have an iPad Air 2 LTE as well. There are a couple of things that I can do on the Huawei they are not feasible on the iPad ergo two tablets

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I have an iPad Air 2 LTE as well. There are a couple of things that I can do on the Huawei they are not feasible on the iPad ergo two tablets
I have the same tablet. File management is, and always will be, iOS's main issue for those of us who try to make more use of a tablet than just media consumption and social media.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

This past weekend's storms have sent my RA into a full rage. I'm done popping pills and I ain't touched the Devil's Lettuce in over 30 years but I could sure use some. Terrible Tuesday is in full swing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We'll, I have to file a claim. Looks like someone helped themselves to my Fossil. That's the second package ever someone's helped themselves to.

Such a shame, really. Ain't nothing like some pilfering news to start the day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This past weekend's storms have sent my RA into a full rage. I'm done popping pills and I ain't touched the Devil's Lettuce in over 30 years but I could sure use some. Terrible Tuesday is in full swing.
Feel better soon. I know a few people with RA...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We'll, I have to file a claim. Looks like someone helped themselves to my Fossil. That's the second package ever someone's helped themselves to.

Such a shame, really. Ain't nothing like some pilfering news to start the day.

Ugh people suck. I'm sorry this happened again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs