WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sometimes it is in the greatest of challenges one can find resolve and key lessons for growth.

Today was a day I was reminded how busted up US healthcare can be and how horrible socioeconomic status can give those at the short end of the stick a raw deal. And also how poor mental/physical health will put people in the jaws of the meat grinder that's healthcare and leave them with as much healing as trauma.

I was also reminded that my head and heart are in the right place professionally, but I need better tools and more clout to make some of the changes happen that I feel can be more beneficial to the clients I encounter.

Gotta stay the course and grow, I guess.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes it is in the greatest of challenges one can find resolve and key lessons for growth.

Today was a day I was reminded how busted up US healthcare can be and how horrible socioeconomic status can give those at the short end of the stick a raw deal. And also how poor mental/physical health will put people in the jaws of the meat grinder that's healthcare and leave them with as much healing as trauma.

I was also reminded that my head and heart are in the right place professionally, but I need better tools and more clout to make some of the changes happen that I feel can be more beneficial to the clients I encounter.

Gotta stay the course and grow, I guess.

This is just the beginning. My daughter ages out of the school system in a little over 2 years and it frightens my wife and I to our core. Currently, only Pennsylvania offers any adult programs for those with Autism and it may be insolvent soon. When my baby girl was diagnosed there were very few cases being reported and the public awareness was nonexistent. I can only imagine what 10-15 years from now things will be like. Fasten your seatbelts young man, you’re on the frontline.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is just the beginning. My daughter ages out of the school system in a little over 2 years and it frightens my wife and I to our core. Currently, only Pennsylvania offers any adult programs for those with Autism and it may be insolvent soon. When my baby girl was diagnosed there were very few cases being reported and the public awareness was nonexistent. I can only imagine what 10-15 years from now things will be like. Fasten your seatbelts young man, you’re on the frontline.
https://youtu.be/nLY5h8FbM6k

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

"Many things you feared have been in place for years."
Back Again - Dilated Peoples

The only way I'll survive is to get my clincial license within the next 6 years. It's gonna get worse before there is even the thought of it getting better...and with some of the young people who are still sucking from the teat of shallow entitlement, Heaven help them when they get to the age of the seniors I work with...if some of them do, that is. It's gonna be ROUGH as F.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Packed and ready for a long weekend at Kota Kinabalu. Hopefully will get to visit the farm and go to the beach at Tanjung Aru and see an amazing sunset

... !

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Plane delayed for a hour... Airport WiFi is atrocious...
The actual flight was kind of smooth. Managed to catch an hour of Maze Runner 3 in-flight movie with some crunchy peanuts and OJ.

Looking out of the window and city's nightscape looks pretty. As the plane descended, the ground rushed up. The landing light flashed past the window, just as the plane was about to touch down... it suddenly it pull up. Aborted landing.
It proceeded to circle over the city for another approach.... ,before making a speedy landing

I have flown in bad storms before, where the plane had to make a u-turn home or diverted to another city. Or keep a holding pattern above the destination for quite a while. But its my first experience of a last second aborted landing...
Where is my darn coffee...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Ah... Dim Sum breakfast!!
Haven't stuffed my face in a while, in such a variety of ways

... !

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

On the way to my friend's wedding! So excited!!

By the way, this wedding was 3 hours away so yeah.

It was beautiful. I'm so thankful that I was one of the small number of people to be invited. I'm so happy for them. I was there with the friend I rode down with, another friend and friends that are a couple. We had a great time.

One of the friends mentioned that there's only 4 of us now that are single in our friend group. She was right, and it's really so interesting that it is that way now, considering that we started to know each other as single people (aside from that one married couple we met who married young).

Edit: I forgot something. The shoes worked out perfectly, my feet weren't even done by the end of the night. Just my heels a little bit, which is better than expected.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Considering it's the final 2 weeks, I'll be lurking here and there. I'm trying to finish strong.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I finally got the replacement bands for the Q explorist. The rose gold stainless steel looked great, but it was such a fight to get the pins in and out. The brown leather band I have feels ok but is super stiff. I guess I will have to get the wood strap after all.

I can already tell battery life is going to be an issue with that watch. Gonna test it out with the Mix 2 in the morning, so I'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99