WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have my presentation tonight, so I just submitted the presentation and paper. The struggle felt real when I felt so tired so it was challenging to write all of my presentation notes before going to sleep, even though my body would have preferred sleeping.

I wish this was the last thing but nope, I have to finish the mammoth thing of a paper with 4 pages left to go. Thankful to finish the presentation (the submitting part anyway, the actual thing goes down tonight) and paper but I'm so looking forward to being done with the other one. Really looking forward to the 2 week school break before taking just one class for the whole summer basically and then a week break again before Fall semester begins.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have my presentation tonight, so I just submitted the presentation and paper. The struggle felt real when I felt so tired so it was challenging to write all of my presentation notes before going to sleep, even though my body would have preferred sleeping.

I wish this was the last thing but nope, I have to finish the mammoth thing of a paper with 4 pages left to go. Thankful to finish the presentation (the submitting part anyway, the actual thing goes down tonight) and paper but I'm so looking forward to being done with the other one. Really looking forward to the 2 week school break before taking just one class for the whole summer basically and then a week break again before Fall semester begins.
Punch through and recharge over the summer. We know you'll do well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Punch through and recharge over the summer. We know you'll do well.

Thank you. Saturday is looking like an ideal right now. I don't regret taking 2 classes at a time but I'm looking forward to just one and being able to do fun things, like watch games and go to them and read whatever I want to read.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So a few dilemmas.
Should I sell the Idol 4S or try and install the latest Windows 10 Mobile update on it? Or just keep it around for nostalgia sake? I haven't turned the device on since April 11. Used it as a GPS in South Africa and that is about it.

Am also debating whether to splurge around $170 and get a used Pixel (first gen 32GB version) to try out Android P. Definitely not going to install Beta (perhaps even Alpha in this case) software on my main device.

And the last dilemma is to cave in and get a tablet SIM card from TMO. They want $10 per month for it.

Decisions, decisions.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In fun news, I am taking our team out to a MB2 Raceway location for go karting.
We got a great deal $48 per person, 3 races (14 laps per race = 42 laps total) and a T-shirt.
I will see if I can get some nice pictures via the Pixel.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

In fun news, I am taking our team out to a MB2 Raceway location for go karting.
We got a great deal $48 per person, 3 races (14 laps per race = 42 laps total) and a T-shirt.
I will see if I can get some nice pictures via the Pixel.

Sweet, enjoy!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So a few dilemmas.
Should I sell the Idol 4S or try and install the latest Windows 10 Mobile update on it? Or just keep it around for nostalgia sake? I haven't turned the device on since April 11. Used it as a GPS in South Africa and that is about it.

Am also debating whether to splurge around $170 and get a used Pixel (first gen 32GB version) to try out Android P. Definitely not going to install Beta (perhaps even Alpha in this case) software on my main device.

And the last dilemma is to cave in and get a tablet SIM card from TMO. They want $10 per month for it.

Decisions, decisions.

Wow, that's basically a month ago. Wait, don't you have a 925 for that same reason? Maybe try to sell it for a bit and see how that goes for you. You seem to have the talent to get stuff gone (and get stuff in general, but that's a side note) so it depends whether it would really be worth it or not. The used Pixel could be more fun to try out.

I hear you mention your tablet quite a bit. If the sim for it can justify the cost, why not do it? If you use it enough on WiFi and you download things on it, which I think you mentioned before, it might not be. tl;dr: if you had enough times you regret not having a sim for the tablet in your day to day, possibly do it. If not, pass on it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that's basically a month ago. Wait, don't you have a 925 for that same reason? Maybe try to sell it for a bit and see how that goes for you. You seem to have the talent to get stuff gone (and get stuff in general, but that's a side note) so it depends whether it would really be worth it or not. The used Pixel could be more fun to try out.

I hear you mention your tablet quite a bit. If the sim for it can justify the cost, why not do it? If you use it enough on WiFi and you download things on it, which I think you mentioned before, it might not be. tl;dr: if you had enough times you regret not having a sim for the tablet in your day to day, possibly do it. If not, pass on it.
His 925 isn't his, if I can remember correctly...

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

So a few dilemmas.

Decisions, decisions.
You need to sell the Alcatel and buy my X3 with dock.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

925 is for WP8.1 nostalgia I guess. But since the OS is no longer supported, I guess it might not be a bad idea to ditch it.

Idol 4s is for WM10 nostalgia.

The tablet add-on is $10/month. My go to tablet is WiFi - I left my data capable Samsung Tab S2 in the seat pocket of American Airlines if you recall - so the SIM would have to go into my iPad Air 2 mostly to watch Netflix on the road. Funny thing is I now have three iPads in the house that are all data capable and no Android tablet that takes a SIM card.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

His 925 isn't his, if I can remember correctly...

Narrator: The original owner of the 925 is now firmly entrenched in the fruit orchard ecosystem.

Ergo it basically is a glorified paperweight. Plus MSFT abandoned WP8.1 completely so...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Narrator: The original owner of the 925 is now firmly entrenched in the fruit orchard ecosystem.

Ergo it basically is a glorified paperweight. Plus MSFT abandoned WP8.1 completely so...
Sounds like "what's hers ain't yours and what's yours is hers" setup to me. Lol.

Still, the 925 is one of my all time favorites and sometimes I think about getting one and flashing WP 8 Denim on it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Meanwhile in my neck of the woods, visions of a blue or purple LG V30+ keep whispering softly in my ear...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like "what's hers ain't yours and what's yours is hers" setup to me. Lol.

Still, the 925 is one of my all time favorites and sometimes I think about getting one and flashing WP 8 Denim on it.

You are welcome to enjoy this fine gray Malaysian variant of the 925 anytime MIA!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99