WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just dealt with a tool of a doctor to start the Monday. Fortunately for me, the client was nice enough to ask me to exit before she returned fire.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's all a part of the experience.

That's a valid point but this is one reason why I'm kind of curious about these Android One phones, to see if it will operate the same with the same amount of storage and RAM. Sadly, they (the ones that are available here) are all too tall though, aside from the fancy Nokia 8 that I can't recall the name of right now. That one is just expensive and I can't.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a valid point but this is one reason why I'm kind of curious about these Android One phones, to see if it will operate the same with the same amount of storage and RAM. Sadly, they (the ones that are available here) are all too tall though, aside from the fancy Nokia 8 that I can't recall the name of right now. That one is just expensive and I can't.
Nokia 8 Sirocco, I believe was what you were looking for...

...when I was "a baby G in thought" the 8800 Sirocco was one of the sexiest sliders I ever saw...

The initial point of Android One was Pixel like update support. We will see.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Nokia 8 Sirocco, I believe was what you were looking for...

...when I was "a baby G in thought" the 8800 Sirocco was one of the sexiest sliders I ever saw...

The initial point of Android One was Pixel like update support. We will see.

Yeah that phone! Thank you. You're right, we will see for sure.
I'll have to google that 8800 Sirocco you mentioned though, since I have never heard of it.

Edit: Apparently you can buy it and have it in the US for possibly less than or equal to the XZ2C. Interesting. Welp, no band 12 or 17 so never mind...

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't know if I have been living under a rock or something but it seems to be that Amazon finally started selling the XZ2C with the US warranty. Full price though but I thought this started next week. Added to my list though to watch it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that phone! Thank you. You're right, we will see for sure.
I'll have to google that 8800 Sirocco you mentioned though, since I have never heard of it.

Edit: Apparently you can buy it and have it in the US for possibly less than or equal to the XZ2C. Interesting. Welp, no band 12 or 17 so never mind...
They used to sell those for between $800-$1000 back in the day. The equivalent now is Huawei's Porsche design phones from an exclusivity standpoint.

I'm tempted to go on eBay hunting for a N86MP or a 8800 Sirocco. The N86 was more practical - camera was very good - and the Sirocco had sexy design but a weak camera. We'll see.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if I have been living under a rock or something but it seems to be that Amazon finally started selling the XZ2C with the US warranty. Full price though but I thought this started next week. Added to my list though to watch it.
When you are in grad school, living under a rock is common place.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They used to sell those for between $800-$1000 back in the day. The equivalent now is Huawei's Porsche design phones from an exclusivity standpoint.

I'm tempted to go on eBay hunting for a N86MP or a 8800 Sirocco. The N86 was more practical - camera was very good - and the Sirocco had sexy design but a weak camera. We'll see.
On eBay I see the N86MP for under $100 and the 8800 Sirocco still for $300+. I think I can use the N86MP as an iPod if I don't want to do music via the Pixel. It does have a 3.5mm jack too. We will see.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On eBay I see the N86MP for under $100 and the 8800 Sirocco still for $300+. I think I can use the N86MP as an iPod if I don't want to do music via the Pixel. It does have a 3.5mm jack too. We will see.

Ooh that might be interesting. That's not a bad deal.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

When you are in grad school, living under a rock is common place.
Haha, I guess so. I was super tempted until I read the first review there. Good stuff but the front camera is worse over the last gen apparently so now I'm just crushed

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh that might be interesting. That's not a bad deal.
If I were smart I'd find a Pureview 808, but those cost money. Still, the N86 8MP is something I could travel with overseas in some unscrupulous place and not worry much. Same with a Blackberry 9550.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You still have the SE2 to look forward to.

That is true, but the latest rumors for it are all dumb. Thankfully, I watched a video of a guy who said that basically. I just hope that it is casually announced next month. I don't see it happening this month at all but what do I know? I might be wrong.

I have upped my general saving goals in prep of me buying this phone or a phone that I can be loyal to. Saving goals not for the phone but for my life plans....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

If I were smart I'd find a Pureview 808, but those cost money. Still, the N86 8MP is something I could travel with overseas in some unscrupulous place and not worry much. Same with a Blackberry 9550.

What are N8s going for? They take amazing pics too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I believe that they do, I can only imagine. I can picture that being the case for sure with those phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are some phones I'd be happy to travel with overseas from the nostalgia camp. Moto X 2013, Nokia N86 8MP, Blackberry 9550, Blackberry Bold 9700. Well, maybe not the Moto X because that's something still worth stealing. But definitely the others as no one cares about those things. Sadly, last summer I threw away the box I had for the 9550...unused accessories, including a soft case, headphones, etc. Sad, really. Almost made me want to get one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo