WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We had a little bird chick hatch today in our yard.
cce04e476aa1ef99cc48fe99f28fed2d.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I feel like I should try a phone out, but then I remembered that my mom asked me to buy another phone for one of my aunt's kids (even though I got them 2 phones already, one for each kid last year. This one is for the last kid apparently). She said a lower end phone though is fine so I might do Nokia 6 (2017) or a Moto G series. Decisions, decisions...

Edit: Actually the Honor 7x appears to be a solid deal. Hmm.

Additionally, a friend of mine asked me if I can suggest phones to him since his iPhone 6 is nearly done for so hopefully figuring that out will let go of the want to try a new phone that isn't really what I want.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I feel like I should try a phone out, but then I remembered that my mom asked me to buy another phone for one of my aunt's kids (even though I got them 2 phones already, one for each kid last year. This one is for the last kid apparently). She said a lower end phone though is fine so I might do Nokia 6 (2017) or a Moto G series. Decisions, decisions...

Additionally, a friend of mine asked me if I can suggest phones to him since his iPhone 6 is nearly done for so hopefully figuring that out will let go of the want to try a new phone that isn't really what I want.
If those phones are for you, there are "YUGE!".

But otherwise, they're pretty solid value for money. If updates are important the Nokia has my vote.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If those phones are for you, there are "YUGE!".

But otherwise, they're pretty solid value for money. If updates are important the Nokia has my vote.

Haha yes they are. Those choices are not for me, I'm looking at those for my aunt's kid who is a teenager. As far as I know, he doesn't care about updates. They are great choices and also some that are on the list for my friend too.

I don't know what phone I want to try actually, the idea of playing with the Xperia XA2 is still a little interesting to me, even though the XZ2 Compact would be nice but the right color is out of stock for me at Best Buy.

In my mind, it would also be nice to try a phone again before I hit the books for my summer class in 1 week and a couple of days. I know, only me.

Edit: Never mind on trying the XA2 for me. It seems interesting but I can't see myself trying a camera that is worse than the XZ2 Compact, at least when it comes to the front shooter.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Honor Mate SE is a slightly better bet than Honor 7X.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Honor Mate SE is a slightly better bet than Honor 7X.

Thank you, that's good to know. I'll keep that in mind for my friend, but as for my aunt's kid, I'll rather choose the 7X over it. For her other kids, I got them the Moto G5 Plus and the E4 as a point of reference. My mom really told me not to spend much, so by price, I like the 7X a lot. I'm trying to see what I can find within the range.

Edit: The Honor 6x seems to be the best choice. I can't see this kid being disappointed by it. I actually forgot about it's existence altogether lol

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'll admit, the idea of trying a red iPhone 8 is kind of cool because of how it looks, even though it has a black front. I can pull the plug but I wonder if there's a point. The X is more interesting of a phone but I hate the perceived status of having one. No thanks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Update on the Eve V after a visit to the Microsoft Store.
It is dead because the computer probably has an Intel SSD that's not playing nice with Windows 10 1803 version so on bootup it cannot read the correct hard drive partition.
Long story short, they took the computer and will give it back on Monday with the older version of Win10 on it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It is dead because the computer probably has an Intel SSD that's not playing nice with Windows 10 1803 version so on bootup it cannot read the correct hard drive partition.
Long story short, they took the computer and will give it back on Monday with the older version of Win10 on it.
Man that sucks 😞

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I was going to ask you how that went. Ugh! That sucks :/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, I guess like Libra, I'm getting the trying a phone itch. I see that the OG Pixel is being sold for $250. That's not bad. Also, still thumbing through feelings about the Nokia 8 and V30.

We will see what happens. I guess I could get a N86 8MP for S&G.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So, I guess like Libra, I'm getting the trying a phone itch. I see that the OG Pixel is being sold for $250. That's not bad. Also, still thumbing through feelings about the Nokia 8 and V30.

We will see what happens. I guess I could get a N86 8MP for S&G.

I can relate. I thought about the Pixel myself too. The only thing that gave me pause is the pain of how cricket works with it by resetting MMS settings each time its turned off.

I finally get how you feel about those 2 phones. I'm curious with what you end up doing. A part of me still wants to consider the XZ2 Compact. Still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss