WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So, I guess like Libra, I'm getting the trying a phone itch. I see that the OG Pixel is being sold for $250. That's not bad. Also, still thumbing through feelings about the Nokia 8 and V30.

We will see what happens. I guess I could get a N86 8MP for S&G.

Would you be interested in a mint BlackBerry 9810 for total invisibility? You know, for gits and shiggles.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Would you be interested in a mint BlackBerry 9810 for total invisibility? You know, for gits and shiggles.
Nah, I never liked the Torch. I'd rather find one of Q models. Or pull out a Sony Xperia X1 instead. Sadly, I deleted all of my good hacked .cab files last summer. I was very sad after that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can relate. I thought about the Pixel myself too. The only thing that gave me pause is the pain of how cricket works with it by resetting MMS settings each time its turned off.

I finally get how you feel about those 2 phones. I'm curious with what you end up doing. A part of me still wants to consider the XZ2 Compact. Still.
I like them both for different reasons. I like the monochrome lens and I've always loved LG's wide angle. It's just the V30 has stayed expensive for no good reason. And the Nokia 8 is hard to find at a price I'd want. I'm waiting to see how the Pro mode plays out on that device over the summer.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I'll try the XZ2C after all, but I just need to wait a few more days for better availability (I'm hearing that this starts in 2 days).
Amazon took down their listing for the one with the US Warranty and Newegg has it too but I'll have to pay for shipping (but a 15% restocking fee is required). There are cheaper sellers on Newegg but they all charge restocking fees for returns.

Best Buy is tempting with the open box while the color I want is still out of stock. All I can do is try to wait. Going for a iPhone 8 feels like I have given up.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking about embracing the fruit side...for an iPad mini.
Setting yourself up for disappointment now are ya? The mini is too expensive for what the internals are. Better deals and better hardware can be found in the slightly larger size iPad.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Setting yourself up for disappointment now are ya? The mini is too expensive for what the internals are. Better deals and better hardware can be found in the slightly larger size iPad.
Not really. I don't want a 10" tablet. That's why what I really want is the same Z3 tablet compact with updated internals - S845, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage + microSD.

Good thing is I'm thinking only...not looking to buy right now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I'll try the XZ2C after all, but I just need to wait a few more days for better availability (I'm hearing that this starts in 2 days).
Amazon took down their listing for the one with the US Warranty and Newegg has it too but I'll have to pay for shipping (but a 15% restocking fee is required). There are cheaper sellers on Newegg but they all charge restocking fees for returns.

Best Buy is tempting with the open box while the color I want is still out of stock. All I can do is try to wait. Going for a iPhone 8 feels like I have given up.

I have a problem. I am wondering how it would be to actually try a iPhone X. It doesn't make sense, but that is part of the reason why getting a iPhone 8 feels like giving up. I can't help but wonder. A part of me hates the perception of having one and the other part wants to know how it would feel to use for a day or three.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Not really. I don't want a 10" tablet. That's why what I really want is the same Z3 tablet compact with updated internals - S845, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage + microSD.

Good thing is I'm thinking only...not looking to buy right now.
Even though it's a slightly older tablet the MediaPad M3 has been great for me. Has 64GB storage, 6GB RAM, micro SD. Only downside is Mate 9 hardware chip.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Even though it's a slightly older tablet the MediaPad M3 has been great for me. Has 64GB storage, 6GB RAM, micro SD. Only downside is Mate 9 hardware chip.
I'm at a point where it's either Sony, Google or Apple for tablets for one reason: software updates.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have a problem. I am wondering how it would be to actually try a iPhone X. It doesn't make sense, but that is part of the reason why getting a iPhone 8 feels like giving up. I can't help but wonder. A part of me hates the perception of having one and the other part wants to know how it would feel to use for a day or three.
*cough*day phone is too big*cough*cough*cough*wheeze*

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's only 11:10 AM here. Also alternator on my Toyota crapped out. Needed a car for the weekend so ended up renting one with my points from Hertz. Waiting in line to get the car part.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the car repair won't be too expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb