WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think that 2017 killed a lot of solid phones that if you don't mind certain compromises, last year's flagships are better buys than what is out as mid-rangers right now.

Moto Z² Force, Andy's phone, Nokia 8, HTC U11, Google Pixel (which will still have better support than the LG G6 software wise), the LG G6, LG V20 and a Sony XZ model.

I had a wonderfully deatiled post in my head to make a case for each, but I got lazy. Basically, it boils down to the price you can get them for.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think that 2017 killed a lot of solid phones that if you don't mind certain compromises, last year's flagships are better buys than what is out as mid-rangers right now.

Moto Z² Force, Andy's phone, Nokia 8, HTC U11, Google Pixel (which will still have better support than the LG G6 software wise), the LG G6, LG V20 and a Sony XZ model.

I had a wonderfully deatiled post in my head to make a case for each, but I got lazy. Basically, it boils down to the price you can get them for.

I agree. It's all good on the detail, each of those phones have different strengths.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WPC 1000 Post Challenge - You Ready?!

As we know, this applies for a lot of things. It's funny how much easier it can be to accept this for certain things and not others.

Like for school, there was a time when I was debating if I should pursue library science because of my test struggles. Starting it this year, I have no regrets with how that went and the whole process to get here. Sure I was concerned about getting in because of that one fool that gave me my only fail in undergrad but still. Doing it later gave me an unexpected benefit, which is having a friend do it with me. Different specializations but same general program which has been a blessing to me.

As for phones, it's always challenging. I want to be settled on a phone with a minor gripe for like a year. (Don't laugh, I'm totally serious.) So I want to hop on what I hope makes sense but then I can't deal with a thing and I'm back to the drawing board.

For some other life things, it has been somewhat challenging too. I feel conflicted between taking a leap at something to start with or just waiting for a better opportunity.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Hm, the HTC U12+ looks really cool in the blue. As for the phone itself, it seems like a decent follow up to the previous one.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I wanted to update my 7 to try it out but there's a mic issue that only happens with iPhone 7s updated to the latest version of iOS. So many quirks with the 7 that I haven't ever had with the SE with updates in the time I had it. So annoying.

I miss using it as a phone for performance reasons, and also connectivity at times too. I'll be doing something expected (read not surprising)...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to update my 7 to try it out but there's a mic issue that only happens with iPhone 7s updated to the latest version of iOS. So many quirks with the 7 that I haven't ever had with the SE with updates in the time I had it. So annoying.

I miss using it as a phone for performance reasons, and also connectivity at times too. I'll be doing something expected (read not surprising)...
iPhone 7s, do you have special connections at Apple to get an unreleased model?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

iPhone 7s, do you have special connections at Apple to get an unreleased model?
I wish, lol! Nah, I meant to say that this is a common issue with the non plus iPhone 7 for some reason.

Edit: So I was spared! No mic issues for me, so back to the 7 I go....

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must say....I like the U12+. Will I buy one? Most likely not. But it makes me more comfortable with getting a U11. I saw a few U11's for some nice prices today...no money for that though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must say....I like the U12+. Will I buy one? Most likely not. But it makes me more comfortable with getting a U11. I saw a few U11's for some nice prices today...no money for that though.
I really like what I see in the U12+. I just wanted something a little smaller. We'll see though. Maybe at the right price I'll get one. Or maybe it makes more sense to get a baragain bin priced U11. In no rush either way.

I think that of people are looking for HTC to move a ton of units like they used to, it won't happen. If I compare LG to HTC, LG's comparatively stronger mid-range and budget offerings for me are the only reason why US carriers will still put up the shoddy sales of the G and V series.

I hope HTC sticks around...they really should have narrowed their offerings from 2 years ago, but they're where they are now.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Some pictures from Alviso Bay, north of San Jose, CA.
2cd73ac77fc401f864171ee64658334f.jpg
96d49e26f3376760b3f57f86ec36ecdb.jpg
42270cdd2d003101933f957619ae80f6.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As we know, this applies for a lot of things. It's funny how much easier it can be to accept this for certain things and not others.

Like for school, there was a time when I was debating if I should pursue library science because of my test struggles. Starting it this year, I have no regrets with how that went and the whole process to get here. Sure I was concerned about getting in because of that one fool that gave me my only fail in undergrad but still. Doing it later gave me an unexpected benefit, which is having a friend do it with me. Different specializations but same general program which has been a blessing to me.

As for phones, it's always challenging. I want to be settled on a phone with a minor gripe for like a year. (Don't laugh, I'm totally serious.) So I want to hop on what I hope makes sense but then I can't deal with a thing and I'm back to the drawing board.

For some other life things, it has been somewhat challenging too. I feel conflicted between taking a leap at something to start with or just waiting for a better opportunity.
That's the beauty of life, trying to figure these things out. Sometimes you should wait for a better opportunity, work to put yourself in a position to better take adavantage of an opportunity, or take a leap of faith. It's never easy to decide, but there are things one can use to help make the process easier.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Every time I boot up the 950XL, I miss the OS visually and am disappointed about how MSFT handled the OS publicly in terms of building relationships. Beautifully sad, but sad nonetheless...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's the beauty of life, trying to figure these things out. Sometimes you should wait for a better opportunity, work to put yourself in a position to better take adavantage of an opportunity, or take a leap of faith. It's never easy to decide, but there are things one can use to help make the process easier.

You're so right. I have to figure out those things to start with. One of the things is a social thing, I'll like to meet more people to befriend, idealistically people with similarities to me for certain things. It gets old to be the only one you know that is (insert thing) or the only one that is into (insert thing) in the group of the people you know.

I hear often that when you are doing these things, you are more likely to attract people who are also doing the thing. I have done that by myself (and I survived, lol) but it hasn't happened.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think i may have to either retire the Pixel or get a 128GB model. Need to really sleep on this some more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte