WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There's some new content I want to add to my device and storage may quickly become an issue. This is why I don't like fixed storage options.

Gotcha. Would you be interested in a trade? It seems like you are enjoying the camera of the Pixel and it would be a bummer to see it go. I wish you good luck with your decision.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think i may have to either retire the Pixel or get a 128GB model. Need to really sleep on this some more.
I think I'll rotate the Mi Mix 2 in a bit more before I decide. Still, even with that model I wished it was a 128 or 256GB. I can eek by with 64GB, but it's not easy.

People ask, why all that storage?

If the camera and audio are very good and above, that's why. On my G4, it got lots of work because of those two reasons; as such, I happily lugged around spares. I try to keep the bloat down by only having apps I'll use on the phone. Those days of having apps for the sake of apps died from my iPhone 4 stretch. I first got app fatigue there and that's not a good feeling.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I dislike female seat Nazis.

I'm on the train, giving up my seat to a pregnant woman and this other woman cuts in front, grabbing the seat. Fortunately, the guy beside me gave up his seat to the pregnant woman. The annoying thing was the seat Nazi saw I was giving up the spot for the pregnant woman.

Note to self: we're not eating at your house. SMH.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I get why HTC is now playing in the big screen market with the U12+. Still, I'd have loved to see a 5" compact version.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's pretty interesting how much carriers here have influence on phone access. I remember being on the train where you could barely see a phone out. If you did, it was a Blackberry. Fast forward to now, you see phones out all the time, mostly iPhones (the Plus sized ones)....

I'm curious to see how long Apple and Samsung can keep their duopoly up...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I'll rotate the Mi Mix 2 in a bit more before I decide. Still, even with that model I wished it was a 128 or 256GB. I can eek by with 64GB, but it's not easy.

People ask, why all that storage?

If the camera and audio are very good and above, that's why. On my G4, it got lots of work because of those two reasons; as such, I happily lugged around spares. I try to keep the bloat down by only having apps I'll use on the phone. Those days of having apps for the sake of apps died from my iPhone 4 stretch. I first got app fatigue there and that's not a good feeling.

Thank you for sharing the reason, it makes perfect sense now.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I get why HTC is now playing in the big screen market with the U12+. Still, I'd have loved to see a 5" compact version.

Me too! I like their phones but they are too tall. Even the One A9 I tried was too tall for me at the time. Well, I loved the phone cameras, but the battery life and signal strength were bad.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't mind being on cricket and it's crazy to me that it's been a year now. Having my 7 up to date and finally having VoLTE and WiFi calling is nice, especially at home (even when I was on T-Mo, I had a weaker signal at home too). I hate that only unlocked iPhones have these things and no other unlocked phone. As much as I would like to have a Pixel again (believe that I have thought about it), MMS settings always break after a restart, just on cricket.

It's tempting to stay on the iPhone route because things work as they should.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for sharing the reason, it makes perfect sense now.
The G4 was one of my all time favorites. Loved the camera, loved the audio, liked the performance, loved the leather backs (red looked so good on it). Hated the battery life, but that was solved with having spare batteries. I think in recent memory the two phones I really liked that were close for me were the Xperia Z3 and the LG G4. I enjoyed the Mi 5, Mi Note 2, Moto Maxx, Pixel 2, Mi Mix 2, but the Z3 and G4 have been at the top of my list.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The G4 was one of my all time favorites. Loved the camera, loved the audio, liked the performance, loved the leather backs (red looked so good on it). Hated the battery life, but that was solved with having spare batteries. I think in recent memory the two phones I really liked that were close for me were the Xperia Z3 and the LG G4. I enjoyed the Mi 5, Mi Note 2, Moto Maxx, Pixel 2, Mi Mix 2, but the Z3 and G4 have been at the top of my list.

Nice! Yeah the leather backs for it were really nice. I haven't seen the red one but I liked the idea a lot.
Ooh so you had the Z3 and the Z3 Tablet (I think that's what you said it was called? Not sure)? That sounds like a cool combination. If it was like the Z3 Compact, did the glass ever chip for you?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Nice! Yeah the leather backs for it were really nice. I haven't seen the red one but I liked the idea a lot.
Ooh so you had the Z3 and the Z3 Tablet (I think that's what you said it was called? Not sure)? That sounds like a cool combination. If it was like the Z3 Compact, did the glass ever chip for you?
I had the Z3 + Z3 Tablet Compact and the Sony SWR10 aka Smartwatch 3 at one point. 99 used to nag me here as a Sony ****** because I also had a PS3 controller, Sony headphones and a PSP as well.

The G4 leather backs were awesome.

The Z3 Tablet Compact doesn't use fully glass. It has a plastic back.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I had the Z3 + Z3 Tablet Compact and the Sony SWR10 aka Smartwatch 3 at one point. 99 used to nag me here as a Sony ****** because I also had a PS3 controller, Sony headphones and a PSP as well.

The G4 leather backs were awesome.

The Z3 Tablet Compact doesn't use fully glass. It has a plastic back.

Gotcha. What a cool setup. Ooh okay, maybe I mixed up products with the glass back. I didn't even know that Sony even made tablets until you mentioned having one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99