WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It was rammed alright. What happened was that gas pumps had no capability of reading prices higher than 99-9/10 cents/gallon and gas rose over $1. The quick fix was to sell gas by the liter and that's when all hell broke loose. With rising gas came the glut of imported econoboxes which were all metric as far as nuts and bolts. Mechanics at the time (myself included) were raising a stink because we had to sell our souls to the Snap-On truck to buy a whole new set of wrenches and sockets. Moms didn't know how to buy milk, the lines at the butcher shop were infuriating and even city utilities were billing water in liters.

It was a mess Rue, believe me. Some of us adopted the system easily and actually found it easier to work with but the older generation wasn't prepared. At all!
So the government screwed up the process. Kind of wonder if it was on purpose. Not to be conspiracy theory about it but there may have been a reason why.

Some countries can implement things immediately. I can't remember which country it was but they changed from driving UK side to the other overnight.

There was a lead up to it and the next day there wasn't any accidents more than usual. So it can be done.

But this is America we're talking about. I think eventually metric will come in but due to other factors rather than government.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I finished the biggest parts of my final project! The presentation remains but I'll deal with that today since it's about learning the software.

I have a date today, with another guy. I'm looking forward to it. It's something different and fun.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I finished the biggest parts of my final project! The presentation remains but I'll deal with that today since it's about learning the software.

I have a date today, with another guy. I'm looking forward to it. It's something different and fun.
All these dates you've been on are so hard to keep track...reminds me of my college days...lol.

Hope you're having fun and taking things at your pace.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't miss school. I may have to go back again though, SMH. You'll pull that project together just fine.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

All these dates you've been on are so hard to keep track...reminds me of my college days...lol.

Hope you're having fun and taking things at your pace.

Haha, you remind me of one of my friends when you say that. This is the third one.

Thank you, I am.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha, you remind me of one of my friends when you say that. This is the third one.

Thank you, I am.
It's always nice to see a woman date and be in control of her dating life.

Even now, there's still some stigma behind that. The stigma gets worse if there is any sort of physical activity involved. It's always so unfortunate because it sets up this cycle of (some) men not knowing how to respect (some) women in control that way and (some) women who don't know how to work with (some) men who know how to respect that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's always nice to see a woman date and be in control of her dating life.

Even now, there's still some stigma behind that. The stigma gets worse if there is any sort of physical activity involved. It's always so unfortunate because it sets up this cycle of (some) men not knowing how to respect (some) women in control that way and (some) women who don't know how to work with (some) men who know how to respect that.

This is true. It's about willing to know what you stand for. I'm keeping it safe and trying to only bother with those that are worth my attention. While I have some unique cards that I have been dealt (some by choice, some not by choice), I am learning that it isn't a bad thing to have less choices, provided that there's decent ones of course.

There's nothing wrong with being with someone just to not be alone, but I'm not that kind of person. I would just rather be alone and do my own thing, as I have clearly been doing lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm definitely liking the new Adaptive Brightness tweak in Android Pie.
And yes folks, the phone definitely feels faster compared to the prior version.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As long as you don't **** up "September", I'll give you a pass...
I don't plan to. My first priority are the important things. There was a time when I entertained something I shouldn't have and that messed me up but I learned from it. You can only really go up from here?

Just Shake It Off

I can't with you lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I meant that in relation to Mr. Cubano's comment about being Trailer Swift lol!
I don't plan to. My first priority are the important things. There was a time when I entertained something I shouldn't have and that messed me up but I learned from it. You can only really go up from here?

I can't with you lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can't with you lol.
Fortunately you live in a wider society that you have more say in how and what you do with your body is still up to you.

Now, you may have some "comparative" subcultural and religious pieces to your identity that make certain choices untenable, yet you still have some choice in the matter.

Guess you didn't get the Taylor Swift September reference...and that's ok.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Fortunately you live in a wider society that you have more say in how and what you do with your body is still up to you.

Now, you may have some "comparative" subcultural and religious pieces to your identity that make certain choices untenable, yet you still have some choice in the matter.

Guess you didn't get the Taylor Swift September reference...and that's ok.
This is true.

Oh, there was a reference. I would have never guessed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is true.

Oh, there was a reference. I would have never guessed.
Yup. Go listen to Taylor's "take" on Earth Wind and Fire's September if you haven't done so already. I won't spoil it for you. If you don't know the original, listen to that first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)