WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Agreed. Having no money to do it, or no desire to get a new phone using my old ways helps.

I'd like a G7+ to try. Not the normal one. I think I'm grown-up enough to go 6GB RAM + 128GB + SD slot now.

I think that would be a nice combo for you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ooh so B&H will be selling the Pocophone for $400. I don't want one but that's good to know.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think this needed a post of its own.

I also decided to reset the Note 4 and set up the Essential Phone to be my new reading phone. It already seems like the battery life will be better over the Note (thankfully!) and the size and all of that screen is nice. I did decide to update to Android P (I really needed night light) and the gestures are interesting so far. I'm still trying to remember how to access the app drawer actually lol.

I think I finally get those who have said that the notch isn't bothersome. I was really tired at a point last night and dropping that phone while reading on my face hurt but it felt better than the Note? I'm not sure if this is in my head or not but it felt less heavier to have the Essential fall on my face. I'm finally reading at work with it, starting today.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well my will power isn't as strong as @MSFTisMIA
Bought a iPhone 8 Gold 256GB a few minutes back. This will replace the 2 year old iPhone 7 128GB Gold for the Mrs.

In other news, I am glad I did not buy the Pocophone because I am going to be getting one courtesy of my Android device reviewer friend!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Bought a iPhone 8 Gold 256GB a few minutes back. This will replace the 2 year old iPhone 7 128GB Gold for the Mrs.

In other news, I am glad I did not buy the Pocophone because I am going to be getting one courtesy of my Android device reviewer friend!

Congrats on both counts! I hope she'll enjoy it.

MIA does have solid willpower for sure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

All this talk about will power keeps sidestepping the low cash at hand...

...I may get another Andy's phone as a collector piece but will wait until Black Friday sales.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

All this talk about will power keeps sidestepping the low cash at hand...

...I may get another Andy's phone as a collector piece but will wait until Black Friday sales.

That's fair. You did hold out for a while for Andy's phone though, so I think it's still very much there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have my eye on a Mate. Just price watching to see. Also deciding if I really want to get it or not.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Cool. Well technically the iPhone 8 isn't mine and once I sell the old iPhone 7, it's going to be a decent upgrade for around $300 out of pocket for a new device with 256GB storage so that's not a bad deal.

The Pocophone is going to be interesting and if it shows up at the usual deal prices with my source, then it's going to be an awesome price.
I have my eye on a Mate. Just price watching to see. Also deciding if I really want to get it or not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cool. Well technically the iPhone 8 isn't mine and once I sell the old iPhone 7, it's going to be a decent upgrade for around $300 out of pocket for a new device with 256GB storage so that's not a bad deal.

The Pocophone is going to be interesting and if it shows up at the usual deal prices with my source, then it's going to be an awesome price.
I'm not as hype on Poco... because I've been using Xiaomi for so long, I know how that'll work.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is how exciting my life is...

This weekend is the heritage open house all across Europe. Meaning free entry to places We were going to go to Bordeaux to check out some buildings but a neighbour is coming this afternoon to help us finish off the polytunnel. This part requires extra hands. It's taken some time to get here as the weather has been warm.

Tomorrow we've decided to go to an outdoor heritage museum. This museum is specific to the area we live in. Getting in for free will be nice.

I also started French classes yesterday. There was a break through the summer. I'm still not happy how they run things but can't complain about free I guess.

There's a chance we'll go to Bordeaux this week, just because.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In other news, I've been contacted by a French recruiter.

Not that I'm wanting go to back to engineering but if an opportunity arises for a short contact the extra cash wouldn't hurt.

The recruiter is in Paris but the company is large and has offices all over the world. She believes she can find me something. Of course having French would make life easier, especially in the area I live.

So there's a chance I may work again. Possibly in Bordeaux or in Paris.

The way things work here is on a day rate for contractors. It's a bit different than what I'm used to.

But I'm not waiting for that to happen. We're moving ahead with other things.

It's just good to have options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)