WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Good luck there. I'd almost tell you a Nokia 8, but maybe waiting on the Sirocco to get a price drop might work in your favor if that's what you want.
If I get tired of this battery I will probably just buy Mi A2 and be done for a year again. Problem I have with all of this midrangers is that processor isn't on par with SD820. And I want something with a bit smaller bezels, pretty much something that looks a bit more modern.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why not consider a Pocophone F1?
If I get tired of this battery I will probably just buy Mi A2 and be done for a year again. Problem I have with all of this midrangers is that processor isn't on par with SD820. And I want something with a bit smaller bezels, pretty much something that looks a bit more modern.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Hey, everybody. Hope you are all doing well. I'm going to be in New York later this week. I'm looking for good restaurant recommendations. If anyone has any, please let me know. Thanks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think once the weather stabilizes, as it's currently as all over the place as Capt Orange at a rally, I may try to use the Mi Mix 2 for a week to see how I feel about going back to a larger device.

Yes, the new phone itch is there and yes there is no money to do add another model to the stable.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...I'm catching up on the Pixel 3 news (Laura be kind, don't ban me too badly)...

WTF? $800 for the base 64GB Pixel and $900 for either the 128GB Pixel or the 64GB Pixel XL?

https://youtu.be/vyRSV9eqTUY

These OEMs a ****ting the bed here with these prices! Seriously!? So either I cough up $900 for a V40 or Pixel 3, HTC U12+ or Asus ROG, $1000 for a Note 9 or $1300 for iPhone XS Max?

You know who's getting the no Vaseline treatment twice? The people who buy any of these with cash up front and cannot return them during the window and have to sell them on the second hand market.

I mean, I was calling myself an *** for fantasizing over a Mate 10 Pro Porsche design, but this is asinine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious though about the OnePlus bullets type C and the Pixel buds type C. I might buy one or both to try. Like Mi Xiaomi's and the Andy's type C buds get daily driver status, but if I stick with the Pixel 2 or get something like a Pixel 3 (March 2019, on discount) or XZ2/Mate 10 Pro, I'm curious who can stand the abuse. Unfortunately, these are water resistant.

I've enjoyed my Sony BTs, but need to replace them. The Jam truly wireless are nice but slip out my ears easily. So I'm looking at the Jaybird X4s and the Bose Soundsport to cover the 3.5mm side. I'd rather give up a little sound quality for some water resistance.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Meanwhile in the used market, I'm seeing some very nice prices on the G7, Mate 10 (Pro included), XZ2 and some decent ones for the V35. I lament my money woes. Lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to troll Swappa in a few months for a Pixel 3. Going to hang on to the Pixel 2 XL for a bit longer.
Meanwhile in the used market, I'm seeing some very nice prices on the G7, Mate 10 (Pro included), XZ2 and some decent ones for the V35. I lament my money woes. Lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to troll Swappa in a few months for a Pixel 3. Going to hang on to the Pixel 2 XL for a bit longer.
Agreed. That's why I stated March 2019 to think about a Pixel 3.

Interesting how it took this year for the Pixel 3 to fit a similar sized screen into the same footprint that Andy's phone did last year...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

99, what do YOU think about these phone prices? Am I the only one here shouting in futility on a soapbox in the din of NYC rush hour noise about how outrageous pricing has gotten?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre