WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There is an art to use public protest to improve the lot of the people. There is a time and place for everything. Still, if Marcon is smart, he needs to find a way to reengage people and provide reassurance that reminds them it's about the long play. That's the one thing the last guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave I felt didn't do. People were too caught up in the newness of some of the things surrounding him, but I don't know if he was really able to get some of the people who went for .45 afterwards to view things from the long play.
I don't know if Macron will sort this out. Even if he reverses some things there's such hate for him that he's going to lose EU parliament seats to LePen most likely.

He's a great communicator unfortunately he doesn't know how to connect with the right people. All they see in Macron is a banker giving money to the rich from the poor.

There are no quick fixes, anyone with intelligence knows this but how do you fix things that are really broken and need massive reform without upsetting people?

This is the problem. Macron wants to be the reformer but the people are not liking the idea.

He needed to find a balance but it might be too late. He's gone too far probably. Without fixing the underlying causes of issues he went for the easy fixes first. I think this is the problem in politics.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here is a list of phones synced with my rental Nissan Sentra.

I didn't know people still use Windows Phone!!
c3acd3ef6aeccfc4d5032b90e078a68e.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if Macron will sort this out. Even if he reverses some things there's such hate for him that he's going to lose EU parliament seats to LePen most likely.

He's a great communicator unfortunately he doesn't know how to connect with the right people. All they see in Macron is a banker giving money to the rich from the poor.

There are no quick fixes, anyone with intelligence knows this but how do you fix things that are really broken and need massive reform without upsetting people?

This is the problem. Macron wants to be the reformer but the people are not liking the idea.

He needed to find a balance but it might be too late. He's gone too far probably. Without fixing the underlying causes of issues he went for the easy fixes first. I think this is the problem in politics.
As someone who has to work with people dealing with long term issues, with medical and social, that balance you seek is necessary. Part of that is the instillation of hope.

I don't mind if a leader is blunt with the prognosis and what needs to be fixed. The whole global economy isn't as rosy as some folks still try to sell it. What is often helpful is getting some of the easy fixes in, because it does give you the appearance of someone who delivers. But you've got to do that within the context of the longer play. When you go for either or, nothing good happens.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I am picking up a Pixel 3XL in a few hours today. Still haven't found the time to setup my Pixel 3.
I am thinking of trading the 3XL for an iPhone Xr....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I am picking up a Pixel 3XL in a few hours today. Still haven't found the time to setup my Pixel 3.
Man, you wheel and deal more than... nevermind, I need to stay out of Laura's doghouse.

Sure fun to watch though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Do it! The Xr is a cool phone and I would like to hear your take on it as a iPhone with a notch but only one camera. It's a big phone but smaller than the 3XL for sure.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here are some comparison pictures.
First impressions. Size is identical including button placement. Screen quality is alone worth the upgrade - bathtub notch not withstanding. Side bezels have shrunk quite a bit as well. The glass curve is also minimal on the 3XL versus the 2XL and it is a marked improvement in a side by side comparison. Speakers are louder but I like the output on the older version better. I can feel the entire back vibrate (kinda like the LG G7?).
c8b231b64536550592625e9a62e4cb41.jpg
98462d9c94943d41f190c8f42b340ae6.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So to give a flavour of what life can be like in France sometimes.

My wife sent an email to an estate agent about 3 weeks ago enquiring about an apartment in the area where I'll be working. They just got back to her last night.

That might sound weird to you but it's not uncommon here in France. We were lucky, some times you don't get an answer. Estate agents here are nothing like anywhere else I've lived.

It's very strange.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The good news is the apartment we are interested in is still available and they have others.

We just need to think about going to view them. The logistics of all this is complicated.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

To give an idea of what's going on.

So I have the job near Versailles.

To view apartments we need to travel by train to Paris then backtrack to Versailles.

I'm currently waiting for my contract as I can't do much without it. Hopefully by the end of this week. I just sent a bunch of documents to the recruiter, which is typical of the process.

So probably next week to view apartments.

Now if we get an apartment before Christmas then we need to furnish it and that includes kitchen. It's a common thing here in France, Italy and Spain, etc. That's if the place we get doesn't have one left behind.

I start my job on 14 January so not much time really.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm also setting up an accountant. Personal indemnity insurance.

On top of that I have my appointment for my resident card for France 7 January. So dealing with that as well

Lastly our car is being a bit of a pain so need to sort that.

Fun isn't it?

Keep in mind anything to do with France is in French and my French isn't that good. I'm very happy about online translators.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm also setting up an accountant. Personal indemnity insurance.

On top of that I have my appointment for my resident card for France 7 January. So dealing with that as well

Lastly our car is being a bit of a pain so need to sort that.

Fun isn't it?

Keep in mind anything to do with France is in French and my French isn't that good. I'm very happy about online translators.
Good luck with all that. I hope Google Translate is better at French to English than it is at Italian to English. I saw something online in Italian once that Google Translate totally botched. I had to send the link to a friend who knows Italian and have him provide a proper translation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good luck with all that. I hope Google Translate is better at French to English than it is at Italian to English. I saw something online in Italian once that Google Translate totally botched. I had to send the link to a friend who knows Italian and have him provide a proper translation.

Google is hit and miss.

I've found another translator. It's called DeepL. I recommend it. The only issue it has is that it doesn't do PDFs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb