WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So hopefully we're going to view an apartment soon... I just sent a message so it depends on how quickly they reply. Also still waiting for my contract....

Did I mention I hate waiting?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh some good news, my mechanic told me to just put some additive in my car and it should fix the problem. So far so good.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I shouldn't complain really.

For anyone who's never moved to another country on your own, your life is paperwork for the first one to two years followed by more in a few years time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I shouldn't complain really.

For anyone who's never moved to another country on your own, your life is paperwork for the first one to two years followed by more in a few years time.
Ah! The joys of adulthood...drowning in paperwork...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The new daily driver arrived. Will set it up tomorrow when the SD card. Gotta dust out my 3.5mm headphones again - looking forward to that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The thing I really like about Android is how picky we can be. These are some excellent devices individually I currently have used. In the grand landscape you get to see how vicious the hardware battle is. And why very few OEMs are making a profit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I give Google credit, it is nice to have the convenience of the Pixel cameras whenever all you want to do is point and shoot. I wish it would make a better daily driver for my needs though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I give Google credit, it is nice to have the convenience of the Pixel cameras whenever all you want to do is point and shoot. I wish it would make a better daily driver for my needs though.
Which is why I'm a big fan of the Pixel series. The XL does tend to have stellar battery life. However I must say that the Mate 10 Pro has better battery life than the Pixel 2XL. Of course a larger battery helps.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The new daily driver arrived. Will set it up tomorrow when the SD card. Gotta dust out my 3.5mm headphones again - looking forward to that.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience and general impressions with it!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Here are some comparison pictures.
First impressions. Size is identical including button placement. Screen quality is alone worth the upgrade - bathtub notch not withstanding. Side bezels have shrunk quite a bit as well. The glass curve is also minimal on the 3XL versus the 2XL and it is a marked improvement in a side by side comparison. Speakers are louder but I like the output on the older version better. I can feel the entire back vibrate (kinda like the LG G7?).//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181205/c8b231b64536550592625e9a62e4cb41.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181205/98462d9c94943d41f190c8f42b340ae6.jpg

Haven't had a chance to say it but congrats on it! Glad that you decided to try one out as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Haven't had a chance to say it but congrats on it! Glad that you decided to try one out as well.

Yeah, I am liking it. The thing that I thought I would hate is not a problem - the notch doesn't bother me.
The big bottom black chin with the speaker now bothers me since the P2XL and S9 and Mate 10 Pro are symmetric and the Oppo R15 is as close to an iPhone as you can get in an Android world with virtually no bottom bezel.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Which is why I'm a big fan of the Pixel series. The XL does tend to have stellar battery life. However I must say that the Mate 10 Pro has better battery life than the Pixel 2XL. Of course a larger battery helps.
Yeah, they had you by the balls with the camera. It's very good, but I'm looking forward to giving back into LG's manual mode. I loved, loved the G4's camera.

Mate 10 Pro had a lower res screen + aggressive software + bigger battery. It should be a battery champ. I wanted one because I love a dedicated monochrome sensor.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience and general impressions with it!
Initial impressions:

It's Xiaomi Mi 5 like light. I've had another lightweight phone since then but it escapes me. I put a OnePlus like gravel/sandstone case for better grip, but the phone is still light. I wouldn't have minded another 500mah for a few more grams of weight though. Still, LG impressed me engineering wise for its weight management.

In hand feel is dead on for what I want. It's not as solid weight wise as the Mi Mix 2, but it works. I think I still like the Mix 2/Mate 10 Pro feel better as it hits the dimensions I like.

The tall screen can go kick rocks for all I care. They didn't need to make it this tall. I have to slide the phone down to reach the top of the screen. I use the notification button but that doesn't mitigate everything.

I like the screen quality. I slightly prefer the XZ2's panel, but I'm good here. I'll run it on 1080P to conserve battery as I don't need QHD.

The look of the notch I don't care for, but LG does itself no favors with how odd the software hides the notch. I'll leave it on with a black wallpaper. Not a fan of the off-center earpiece and their stubbornness to not offer stereo speakers.

I've got a QC4+ charger and it charges fast. Not Huawei/Oppo fast, but fast enough for me. Qi onboard works for me.

The blue looks good. I think the XZ2'S green is slightly ahead though. I kinda liked the V30s' blue better.

Give me a week's worth of use and I'll update it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Initial impressions:

It's Xiaomi Mi 5 like light. I've had another lightweight phone since then but it escapes me. I put a OnePlus like gravel/sandstone case for better grip, but the phone is still light. I wouldn't have minded another 500mah for a few more grams of weight though. Still, LG impressed me engineering wise for its weight management.

In hand feel is dead on for what I want. It's not as solid weight wise as the Mi Mix 2, but it works. I think I still like the Mix 2/Mate 10 Pro feel better as it hits the dimensions I like.

The tall screen can go kick rocks for all I care. They didn't need to make it this tall. I have to slide the phone down to reach the top of the screen. I use the notification button but that doesn't mitigate everything.

I like the screen quality. I slightly prefer the XZ2's panel, but I'm good here. I'll run it on 1080P to conserve battery as I don't need QHD.

The look of the notch I don't care for, but LG does itself no favors with how odd the software hides the notch. I'll leave it on with a black wallpaper. Not a fan of the off-center earpiece and their stubbornness to not offer stereo speakers.

I've got a QC4+ charger and it charges fast. Not Huawei/Oppo fast, but fast enough for me. Qi onboard works for me.

The blue looks good. I think the XZ2'S green is slightly ahead though. I kinda liked the V30s' blue better.

Give me a week's worth of use and I'll update it.
Thank you for sharing! It sounds like the pros outweigh the cons at this time. I'll be looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium