WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Can we have a vote of no confidence tomorrow like the Brits?
That's going nowhere. There won't be an election even if the Tories wanted to get rid of May. Staying in power is more important.

This will get voted down without a doubt.

What I'm not sure of though is if they'll look into a second referendum. The bigger question is if it even gets to a vote.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well at least now a lot of people will pay attention to the flaws of the goverment. For example why does one person have the power to decide what comes up for a vote. Looking at you mich miconell
I wouldn't hold your breath. I've been wanting people to pay attention for some time. You don't have a government in the USA, well in most western countries in general. What you have is capitalist interests being pushed more than anything else. All based on some loose idea that they'll give people jobs.

That's why we have these problems in the world. It's really very simple but nothing is being done to fix it so people and the planet suffer.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The thing is a lot of people across all industries are affected. There are people unable to eat and take care of basic needs because of this.

If one sits down, all aspects of society are touched by government.
This will be the UK if they crash out of the EU. Lots of jobs going, food shortages, medicine issues, etc. They'll probably arrange something quick to avoid disaster but they'll still suffer a lot. They already have massive issues but you don't hear much about that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

This will be the UK if they crash out of the EU. Lots of jobs going, food shortages, medicine issues, etc. They'll probably arrange something quick to avoid disaster but they'll still suffer a lot. They already have massive issues but you don't hear much about that.
I'm aware of many of the issues, such as rough sleeping, since I read the Guardian.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm aware of many of the issues, such as rough sleeping, since I read the Guardian.
There's a UN report that's very damaging but not many people seem to care about what the UN says.

There's been an increase of rough sleeping/homelessness, increase poverty and increase use of food banks.

That's before leaving the EU...

That's all UK government issues but blamed on the EU, migrants, etc.

Just imagine what happens if they crash out.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

There's a UN report that's very damaging but not many people seem to care about what the UN says.

There's been an increase of rough sleeping/homelessness, increase poverty and increase use of food banks.

That's before leaving the EU...

That's all UK government issues but blamed on the EU, migrants, etc.

Just imagine what happens if they crash out.
That sounds exactly the same as what is going on in the USA.

I recommend the film Fahrenheit 11/9 if you haven't already seen it.

I also like the show Last Week Tonight. John Oliver is English, but he has more of a clue about the wrongs in the USA than most people born here.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That sounds exactly the same as what is going on in the USA.

I recommend the film Fahrenheit 11/9 if you haven't already seen it.

I also like the show Last Week Tonight. John Oliver is English, but he has more of a clue about the wrongs in the USA than most people born here.
Can't remember if I saw that film or not. I do know John Oliver.

The politicians and corporations in favour of Brexit are all looking to the USA as a model. All these people have ties to the USA.

That should give you an idea of what's behind Brexit. It's all about reducing and escaping regulations.

It's not about the UK being 'great'. It's all about the rich getting richer and who cares about the planet and poor people.

Yep, looking forward to the decline of the UK.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't hold your breath. I've been wanting people to pay attention for some time. You don't have a government in the USA, well in most western countries in general. What you have is capitalist interests being pushed more than anything else. All based on some loose idea that they'll give people jobs.

That's why we have these problems in the world. It's really very simple but nothing is being done to fix it so people and the planet suffer.
You mean like this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Can't remember if I saw that film or not. I do know John Oliver.

The politicians and corporations in favour of Brexit are all looking to the USA as a model. All these people have ties to the USA.

That should give you an idea of what's behind Brexit. It's all about reducing and escaping regulations.

It's not about the UK being 'great'. It's all about the rich getting richer and who cares about the planet and poor people.

Yep, looking forward to the decline of the UK.
I look forward to the downfall of no nation, as it always leads to continue strife and suffering for the poorest and most vulnerable.

It's a real ****storm we are in globally. And the reaction of the people in power is to dig their nails in and to maintain a tighter grip on power because of their fears of losing power. All that does is exacerbate the cycle.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I look forward to the downfall of no nation, as it always leads to continue strife and suffering for the poorest and most vulnerable.

It's a real ****storm we are in globally. And the reaction of the people in power is to dig their nails in and to maintain a tighter grip on power because of their fears of losing power. All that does is exacerbate the cycle.
The UK will have no one but itself to blame.

If they want to commit financial suicide, increase poverty, destroy their health system and probably increase people's stress levels to more suicide, that's up to them.

There are a lot of people who fully believe that getting poorer is worth leaving the EU. That's includes poor people.

I have little sympathy unfortunately. They're getting what they want, I suppose.

The referendum result was apparently the 'will of the people'. So they will get what they wanted and deserve.

The world is a messed up place and it's only going to go further downhill. However apparently history tells us this happens all the time... I guess we just don't learn from history.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The UK will have no one but itself to blame.

If they want to commit financial suicide, increase poverty, destroy their health system and probably increase people's stress levels to more suicide, that's up to them.

There are a lot of people who fully believe that getting poorer is worth leaving the EU. That's includes poor people.

I have little sympathy unfortunately. They're getting what they want, I suppose.

The referendum result was apparently the 'will of the people'. So they will get what they wanted and deserve.

The world is a messed up place and it's only going to go further downhill. However apparently history tells us this happens all the time... I guess we just don't learn from history.
"Those who don't learn from their history are often doomed to repeat it."

"Fuvk reading and learning. I either know it already or will easily figure it out." - Baby Boomers.

The second quote is the problem there - humans (in western, post modern cultures) have always had a problem with coming to grips with their mortality as they age. When that gets combined with acting on the fears such struggles trigger by consolidation of power, we see what we're seeing now. Yup, humanity has been there, done that...and yet has still not mastered their fears.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, basically the rich doing what they want and doing their best to avoid getting the blame.

You basically have one of the most corrupt families, the head of which, as your president. Says it all really about how low the USA has got.
There's a difference between "my president" and the "current president". If this dude was My president, Mr. Clue would drive up from the 305 to beat my *** to France and back.

Maslow's hierarchy says that poor folks are too busy focusing on survival than putting the screws to the rich. Marxists state that such a setup is by design. We'll see what happens when next month comes here.

DJT has proven if you're not white and with means, he'll cast you to the side. There's a big difference between sacrificing for ideals and "cutting the nose off to spite the face".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, basically the rich doing what they want and doing their best to avoid getting the blame.

You basically have one of the most corrupt families, the head of which, as your president. Says it all really about how low the USA has got.
Substance use is a yuge issue here. I've got a client that has chronic pain and is using opoids to manage. He is displaying some dependency signs but it's been a fight with his medical team as they are only concerned with liability by not prescribing the opoid AND not addressing alternatives.

He is like thousands of people who are dealing with the effects of drugs that had abuse potential, pushed by the rich and now the doctors have to rein in their use.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today was another cluster****. I'm being voluntold into a new program initative in 6 months, with an immediate supervisor change.

I'm indifferent about it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Today was another cluster****. I'm being voluntold into a new program initative in 6 months, with an immediate supervisor change.

I'm indifferent about it.

Bright side my man, the new stupidvisor couldn’t possibly be worse than what you have now right? Sucks to be herded like cattle though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So this is first world problems...

I've been touch typing from a very young age, around 10/11 plus I took advance typing in high school. Which means I've been doing this for several decades now. To say this French keyboard is doing my head in would be an understatement.

To add to this. I'm also using a French version of AutoCAD. A program that I've used for more than 20 years. I tend to use line commands because that's the way I learnt. Needless to say in French the commands are different because they're, go figure, in French.

I luckily know a workaround because AutoCad is natively English but I'm doing my best to pick up on the French regardless.

To make matters a bit more frustrating my computer is pretty locked down to the point I can't change the target string of the AutoCAD icon to switch it to English.

So it's been fun I suppose.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs