WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I did a cool thing yesterday that inspired me to resume my savings goal and stop with the in-app game purchases (which has been my weakness as of late, that and the getting lunch as much, which I have a plan to cut down on). I uninstalled the games that pushed me to do that because of the "limited time" sales.

One of my friends is planning to buy a home this year so I went with her to some open houses. Nothing like actually seeing what is out there, outside of looking at it on a computer screen. I'll continue to see some for sure...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I did a cool thing yesterday that inspired me to resume my savings goal and stop with the in-app game purchases (which has been my weakness as of late, that and the getting lunch as much, which I have a plan to cut down on). I uninstalled the games that pushed me to do that because of the "limited time" sales.

One of my friends is planning to buy a home this year so I went with her to some open houses. Nothing like actually seeing what is out there, outside of looking at it on a computer screen. I'll continue to see some for sure...
There's nothing like reality to make things.... Reality.

Definitely getting the feeling helps a lot with making you want to pursue something. Buying a place is both exciting and terrifying. Just enjoy the ride.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

There's nothing like reality to make things.... Reality.

Definitely getting the feeling helps a lot with making you want to pursue something. Buying a place is both exciting and terrifying. Just enjoy the ride.

Haha yes, you're totally right. I don't know why I didn't do it before, I have been looking at properties for like almost a year now on and off, online.

Thank you! I'll try my best to. I hear that it is really stressful and one of the ladies at one of the homes asked me what I'm waiting for. I told her that I don't want to have two stresses at the same time of school and home buying. My sister has been in her place for nearly ten years so that helps too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Haha yes, you're totally right. I don't know why I didn't do it before, I have been looking at properties for like almost a year now on and off, online.

Thank you! I'll try my best to. I hear that it is really stressful and one of the ladies at one of the homes asked me what I'm waiting for. I told her that I don't want to have two stresses at the same time of school and home buying. My sister has been in her place for nearly ten years so that helps too.
Yes the stress can be a lot. Buying our place in the UK was stressful for all the wrong reasons. We felt drained afterwards.

Then sellng in the UK and buying in France was something I never wish to repeat again.

I will say this. There's no such thing as the perfect time. Buy when you're ready to buy but give yourself a set time. In other words, set down when and don't make excuses for putting it off.

It's very easy to let things slide.

Keep going to house viewings to keep the feeling and to figure out what you like and where. Take notes, pictures

Online adverts can be deceptive.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yes the stress can be a lot. Buying our place in the UK was stressful for all the wrong reasons. We felt drained afterwards.

Then sellng in the UK and buying in France was something I never wish to repeat again.

I will say this. There's no such thing as the perfect time. Buy when you're ready to buy but give yourself a set time. In other words, set down when and don't make excuses for putting it off.

It's very easy to let things slide.

Keep going to house viewings to keep the feeling and to figure out what you like and where. Take notes, pictures

Online adverts can be deceptive.

Ugh, I believe it about the stress of buying in the UK. I remember you sharing the buying and selling process in France and the UK, respectively.

Thank you for the wisdom, I will do just that with setting a time and taking notes and pictures. Right now, I'm looking at next year or sometime early the year after, depending on the available options and how well it can work for me. I prefer next year though so that's what I'm aiming for.

I'm hearing things like the winter or fall/autumn is a better time to buy since there's less inventory and sellers are more likely to lower their prices then to get the sale to move.

True about the adverts, one of the homes yesterday looked great online and in person but had two small bedrooms which you couldn't see how small they were online. Also I know that location is important as well for me and future renting/selling opportunities.

Funnily enough, I did find a community that I think I'll like to live in. It's not far from the anchors of my life currently or even after I finish school and it's safe and somewhat walkable (not NYC like but it is a possibility if I wanted to not move my car sometimes). I'll be watching places in that community but I need to schedule a tour to see a place in there, which will confirm if it can work or not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ever since I lost the ability to do conference calls (not tested if it is back yet in the newer firmware) and I updated to iOS 12, the work fruit has been totally rotten.

SMH.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ever since I lost the ability to do conference calls (not tested if it is back yet in the newer firmware) and I updated to iOS 12, the work fruit has been totally rotten.

SMH.

Yeah iOS 12 has been quirky. I'm unable to test it for you since I haven't updated.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Should point out the following...

The Brits did the same thing in Australia that they did in the Americas. Enslave/kill the locals.

They then took over their lands, cutting down trees, trying to make Australia look like England. In the process destroying the native way of life.

They then did the stolen generation. They basically tried to obliterate the natives by integration. More or less genocide by breeding.

On top of all that there was segregation in Australia all the way into the 70s. To this day there is a high disrespect of the native population and high levels of racism towards them.

Australia is still a very "white" monoculture country.

I highly recommend watching Rabbit Proof Fence, a movie that came out in 2002. Of course the soundtrack is amazing since Peter Gabriel composed it. What a movie. Please do have a box of tissues at hand.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I highly recommend watching Rabbit Proof Fence, a movie that came out in 2002. Of course the soundtrack is amazing since Peter Gabriel composed it. What a movie. Please do have a box of tissues at hand.
I always meant to watch that.

Btw the fence is real and still exists

I've seen documentaries on TV about that time. It's very twisted. Any child thought to be mixed was taken from their families. More than a few atrocities along the way.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ugh, I believe it about the stress of buying in the UK. I remember you sharing the buying and selling process in France and the UK, respectively.

Thank you for the wisdom, I will do just that with setting a time and taking notes and pictures. Right now, I'm looking at next year or sometime early the year after, depending on the available options and how well it can work for me. I prefer next year though so that's what I'm aiming for.

I'm hearing things like the winter or fall/autumn is a better time to buy since there's less inventory and sellers are more likely to lower their prices then to get the sale to move.

True about the adverts, one of the homes yesterday looked great online and in person but had two small bedrooms which you couldn't see how small they were online. Also I know that location is important as well for me and future renting/selling opportunities.

Funnily enough, I did find a community that I think I'll like to live in. It's not far from the anchors of my life currently or even after I finish school and it's safe and somewhat walkable (not NYC like but it is a possibility if I wanted to not move my car sometimes). I'll be watching places in that community but I need to schedule a tour to see a place in there, which will confirm if it can work or not.
If you want to know for sure about the fall/winter thing keep track of property prices in the area through the year.

Remember estate agents will do and say anything to sell. They're worse than used car dealers.

Not sure what's available in the USA but in the UK there's a good website that gives an overview of prices in an area and even specific property price history.

Use the tools available and you will be fine. Good luck.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I might need a Popsocket or a phone ring...or a more narrow phone. Lately, the one handed usage hasn't been as comfortable with me. While it works, my fingers hurt after a bit in a way that was different when using the 7. I don't know if it's me or if my fingers are tired with this phone.

The former is cheaper so maybe I'll look into that first.

Edit: I realize that one might say, just use two hands. While this is true, I'm not used to this. I choose phones on this usability. From time to time, I can but not always.
[passes on opportunity for innuendo]

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

[passes on opportunity for innuendo]

Thank you. Lol.
I'm on the fence on what I should do about this (hence my deletion lol).

I'll rather not buy a phone because I don't want to deal with selling.
The phone rings don't work with car mounts, but the Popsockets might be able to but it's not guaranteed with my mount.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb