WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I also am able to relate here. I've never been concerned about my appearance, but I have frequently been afraid to engage in conversations due to low self-esteem. I've also had severe anxiety hen I've been in uncomfortable situations.
A large part of my life I struggled (still do a bit) with male dominate figures. Having been brought up without a male role model and having a brother that bullied me for a number of years I get very uncomfortable around male figures who appear aggressive, especially in leadership roles, like managers.

Other issues I sometimes run into is I let male dominated figures rule over me easily. It comes from the bullying I endured while young.

I constantly struggle with these things even at my age. Avoidance is my usual mode but it's not healthy and can cause more problems.

Everyone is different in what experiences they had in life and those experiences shape us. It's not easy to break from negative influences. Our brains seem to like to dwell on these things, we'll mine does anyway.

All we can do in life is find those we connect with positively and live our best life possible.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

A large part of my life I struggled (still do a bit) with male dominate figures. Having been brought up without a male role model and having a brother that bullied me for a number of years I get very uncomfortable around male figures who are appear aggressive, especially in leadership roles, like managers.

Other issues I sometimes run into is I let male dominated figures rule over me easily. It comes from the bullying I endured while young.

I constantly struggle with these things even at my age. Avoidance is my usual mode but it's not healthy and can cause more problems.

Everyone is different in what experiences they had in life and those experiences shape us. It's not easy to break from negative influences. Our brains seem to like to dwell on these things, we'll mine does anyway.

All we can do in life is find those we connect with positively and live our best life possible.
My main issues involve being in a large group and not knowing most of the people there. I tend to just listen but have little to say, since I don't know what to say. I'm not really into sport, so that's one thing that many people can discuss as an icebreaker, but I'm unfamiliar.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My main issues involve being in a large group and not knowing most of the people there. I tend to just listen but have little to say, since I don't know what to say. I'm not really into sport, so that's one thing that many people can discuss as an icebreaker, but I'm unfamiliar.

I have the same problem!

I'm not into sports at all and that's usually what most guys like to talk about.

So yeah I can relate to that.

When I first met my wife's family in Australia I struggled a lot of what to talk to them about. I'm not into cars, sports or drinking and talking about nonsense standing around a BBQ (all very Australian btw).

Small talk is not my thing at all.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem!

I'm not into sports at all and that's usually what most guys like to talk about.

So yeah I can relate to that.

When I first met my wife's family in Australia I struggled a lot of what to talk to them about. I'm not into cars, sports or drinking and talking about nonsense standing around a BBQ (all very Australian btw).

Small talk is not my thing at all.
My problem is that most of my interests would not be interesting or even familiar to the typical men or women in the USA.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My problem is that most of my interests would not be interesting or even familiar to the typical men or women in the USA.
Yep. Totally understand. We're pretty much in the same boat. Outsiders to typical society.

To quote a book a read some years ago. It's about finding your 'tribe'. I'm still looking for the most part.

Main issue for me (us if I include my wife) is what I indicated before. We sort of don't fit in any particular group. Our interest and life kind of makes us weird to most people.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just thought I'd post some pics. These are from the gardens/ front of Versailles and the coach area.

I thought the sleighs were pretty neat.
73511ab20f790b2c8ad8b2c63d1cd3db.jpg
9a5555c93298d2caf9122ec21c239d46.jpg
44e16e486391fc44a723fcd6ebe111b6.jpg
40f57096f76a6816c80718dd542273b8.jpg
4fd3dc1217e7019789ab1ec0f665c1d6.jpg
cbcff25fdcba10706ff8253e32fbd719.jpg
5604c31974a8b54b009ad778f624d419.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll keep my comment short and to the point.

The Roman Catholic Church is a horrible institution with way too much power and influence. The sooner it goes extinct the better. I don't think many people really understand the dangers of the institution.

As for celibacy. It goes completely against human nature and all these years of scandals have proven that. I know that the RCC is not the only one with scandals but they seem to have the majority here. They need to move on from this silly idea.

I really feel sorry for the people caught up in this nonsense. I feel even more sorry for those who still support this institution.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just did a search. Didn't know anything about that. Which is fine. Not really interested in watching it.

I was expecting it to be some new series.

Ah, I should have said that it is a documentary. Sorry about that. I enjoy documentaries, but it's just crazy but fascinating. I strongly hope that I can avoid people like him (the main guy involved), especially in romantic situations because he is dangerous.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ah, I should have said that it is a documentary. Sorry about that. I enjoy documentaries, but it's just crazy but fascinating. I strongly hope that I can avoid people like him (the main guy involved), especially in romantic situations because he is dangerous.
Oh I like docos a lot. Just not interested in this particular one. Apparently it's considered a dark comedy and doesn't really go into things that much.

Netflix apparently has a doco on this festival as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Oh I like docos a lot. Just not interested in this particular one. Apparently it's considered a dark comedy and doesn't really go into things that much.

Netflix apparently has a doco on this festival as well.

Yeah I don't blame you. I have heard that from others that the Hulu one is deeper and that's what I have (thanks Spotify + Hulu for being a thing together!). You didn't miss anything, I caved because this was the one thing that all of my circles were talking about and it's very uncommon for that to happen (outside of a death of a celebrity, that is) so I had to see for myself.

Like you and Laura said earlier, the interests/circles I have don't really intersect together, outside of me. It's not common for me so this made me feel the need to check it out.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm really enjoying the sunshine and warm (ish) weather such a contrast to last year.

We are in a cold snap for Southern California. Had to scrape off ice from my windshield today morning.
Max temp is going to be around 10 C for a couple of days and then more rain.
All the low lying mountains around where we live are snow covered so it is nice. If it doesn't snow on Saturday we might go snow tubing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll keep my comment short and to the point.

The Roman Catholic Church is a horrible institution with way too much power and influence. The sooner it goes extinct the better. I don't think many people really understand the dangers of the institution.

As for celibacy. It goes completely against human nature and all these years of scandals have proven that. I know that the RCC is not the only one with scandals but they seem to have the majority here. They need to move on from this silly idea.

I really feel sorry for the people caught up in this nonsense. I feel even more sorry for those who still support this institution.
I doubt they will put this horse out to pasture. Remember, prior to it being codified, priests has kids without any (comparative) issues. Not sure why it isn't seen as a job different than any other religious one, but...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Leave it to me to take a shine to the Razer 2 on the same day the Razer 3 gets canceled and people in their mobile division get laid off. SMH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720