WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I didn’t imply you were panicking, it was a generalization. As for the aircraft, an airworthiness certificate doesn’t get lifted due to software unless the fly-by-wire systems are affected. This situation is reminiscent of autopilot glitches many years ago that defaulted to fail-open, for lack of a better term, that required manual deactivation by the cockpit crew to eliminate accidental disengagement. It’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t sometimes.

The issue right now is that there have been enough indications that there needs to be some sort of fix and the bureaucracy is not helping to get the issue fixed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not to mention the tight end they drafted from The U last year David Njoku. He’s Gronk with hops.
And they picked up Kareem Hunt (who will be available after the domestic violence suspension) and last year's rookie stud Nick Chubb is still there for the RB position. If this group gels, especially the O-line upfront, watch out. Mayfield is no joke.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's part of the problem. The poor don't think it can get any worse. To some they believe it will get better, eventually.

The referendum brought out people from the poorest areas to vote, most voted to leave because they believed that the UK was sending too much money to the EU and that the government was not concentrating on the UK enough. They believe migrants are taking jobs and stagnating wages. They also believe the EU was telling them what to do and what laws to follow.

All this is of course false.

That's the problem with briefs, focused news and lack of understanding of the EU.

But here we are 16 days to Brexit and they haven't changed their minds because they believe it's all going to be fine.

I don't know how you combat this level of ignorance.

I'm sure they'll love it when the US trade deal brings in the US style of medical insurance....
Last time I checked the only difference between white poor and non white poor in the UK (and the US) is the white privilege. Guess you can still use privilege to pay your bills and feed your family these days...I thought we still needed money for that. I stand corrected.

Perhaps what's needed is resources to retrain some of those folks who are crying for lost jobs overseas for the newer ones of today...what, that would mean investing in regional retraining programs to do that? Sorry, we don't do that as this is where the white privilege kicks in that says the responsibility is on you to find any job, so retraining folks isn't necessary. Again, I stand corrected.

Those people are so concerned about stolen jobs - the same ones that got "shipped overseas" due to CBA where it is cheaper to manufacture and import certain products than to make them homegrown as it'll cut into the superprofit margins and **** off investors? Man, I'm corrected three times in a row. It makes too much sense to be true....

(notice that was loaded with a ton of sarcasm, for the lurkers)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Last time I checked the only difference between white poor and non white poor in the UK (and the US) is the white privilege. Guess you can still use privilege to pay your bills and feed your family these days...I thought we still needed money for that. I stand corrected.

Perhaps what's needed is resources to retrain some of those folks who are crying for lost jobs overseas for the newer ones of today...what, that would mean investing in regional retraining programs to do that? Sorry, we don't do that as this is where the white privilege kicks in that says the responsibility is on you to find any job, so retraining folks isn't necessary. Again, I stand corrected.

Those people are so concerned about stolen jobs - the same ones that got "shipped overseas" due to CBA where it is cheaper to manufacture and import certain products than to make them homegrown as it'll cut into the superprofit margins and **** off investors? Man, I'm corrected three times in a row. It makes too much sense to be true....

(notice that was loaded with a ton of sarcasm, for the lurkers)
Don't disagree with anything you've said.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for sharing. This kind of thing is what I was thinking once I heard about this. It's a slap in the face.

I asked my mom what she thinks about this, and she said, "In NG, this happens all the time and the kids from poor families might not find their names on the list but here it's illegal. All of that money that they used for this, they should have gotten their kids a tutor to get ahead on their SAT/ACT."

I'll rather not get into the (NG) politics but I was just curious. Either way, you put so much time and money into doing this, never mind all of the fees involved (application fees, registration fees, etc) so it's messed up to have people buy their way in.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for sharing. This kind of thing is what I was thinking once I heard about this. It's a slap in the face.

I asked my mom what she thinks about this, and she said, "In NG, this happens all the time and the kids from poor families might not find their names on the list but here it's illegal. All of that money that they used for this, they should have gotten their kids a tutor to get ahead on their SAT/ACT."

I'll rather not get into the (NG) politics but I was just curious. Either way, you put so much time and money into doing this, never mind all of the fees involved (application fees, registration fees, etc) so it's messed up to have people buy their way in.
Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is “NG”?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have been quiet on my S10e thoughts. I wanted to go through some of the paces for a little bit (mainly battery life honestly) before sharing. A few days in, here's my usage thoughts 3 days in (it's a little lengthy):

- The fingerprint scanner is good. I use my phone with my left hand so unlocking it with it works part of the time and other times, it takes a bit but this is only because of this particular hand (others have said the same thing). This doesn't happen enough to be an annoyance though.

- Battery life works for me. Originally, I felt like it was draining randomly, even with what I know to tweak. I learned about adaptive battery being turned off automatically, so I turned it on. It seems to be around the battery life of the X, maybe a bit better.

- Size is great. I still can't believe that this combo is actually a thing (XZ2C was almost there but not quite for me, so this is a big deal). My hand has noticed the height difference between the X and this.

- On that note, as I said, One UI is a great match for this phone. It's a night and day difference between using reachability on iOS and having the elements more reachable. Night mode is great, along with the nice surprises of being able to pull down the notification shade with the sensor (I don't) or screen and double tap to wake.

- The camera is my final point. The cameras are good of course but I'm not a fan of the saturation, as I prefer more natural colors. For scenes and things, I don't really mind. When it comes to skin tones, I'm not a fan of the brightening and softening from the front cam. Beauty mode turned off is better. I plan to try out Google Camera to see what it does about that for the front cam.

At the moment, I can see myself possibly hanging out with it for the long run if Google Camera can improve on that enough to my liking. This is the closest I have gotten to a SE replacement so I'll really like it to work all the way. This was long but that's it.

(Oh, I did do the carrier switch and I have no regrets.)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

NG is the county initials for Nigeria. It's all good.

Jeez, the dumb American strikes again on lack of geographical knowledge. I don’t even know the country initials for my own birth country. I know airport call signs, does that count?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Jeez, the dumb American strikes again on lack of geographical knowledge. I don’t even know the country initials for my own birth country. I know airport call signs, does that count?

It sounds like you have done a lot of flying, so I would say that counts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't know what NG was either...

I do however know the two letter codes for the counties I lived in.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I didn't know what NG was either...

I do however know the two letter codes for the counties I lived in.

To be fair, this is to be expected of most people. I don't know all of the codes but I know quite a bit because of people I follow online.

I feel like most people in the world know of the UK and US, because news. Some are interesting because they aren't always what you would expect. Like South Africa's is ZA.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

It sounds like you have done a lot of flying, so I would say that counts.

Not so much as a passenger. I used to be a pilot since the time I was a teenager. I had my license before I had a driver’s license in fact. Poor choices in my life threw all that in the toilet. No drugs, but the bottle is every bit as destructive.

Stay in school and finish your degree, don’t be a dumbass like me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not so much as a passenger. I used to be a pilot since the time I was a teenager. I had my license before I had a driver’s license in fact. Poor choices in my life threw all that in the toilet. No drugs, but the bottle is every bit as destructive.

Stay in school and finish your degree, don’t be a dumbass like me.
Dang, I'm sorry.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have been quiet on my S10e thoughts. I wanted to go through some of the paces for a little bit (mainly battery life honestly) before sharing. A few days in, here's my usage thoughts 3 days in (it's a little lengthy):

- The fingerprint scanner is good. I use my phone with my left hand so unlocking it with it works part of the time and other times, it takes a bit but this is only because of this particular hand (others have said the same thing). This doesn't happen enough to be an annoyance though.

- Battery life works for me. Originally, I felt like it was draining randomly, even with what I know to tweak. I learned about adaptive battery being turned off automatically, so I turned it on. It seems to be around the battery life of the X, maybe a bit better.

- Size is great. I still can't believe that this combo is actually a thing (XZ2C was almost there but not quite for me, so this is a big deal). My hand has noticed the height difference between the X and this.

- On that note, as I said, One UI is a great match for this phone. It's a night and day difference between using reachability on iOS and having the elements more reachable. Night mode is great, along with the nice surprises of being able to pull down the notification shade with the sensor (I don't) or screen and double tap to wake.

- The camera is my final point. The cameras are good of course but I'm not a fan of the saturation, as I prefer more natural colors. For scenes and things, I don't really mind. When it comes to skin tones, I'm not a fan of the brightening and softening from the front cam. Beauty mode turned off is better. I plan to try out Google Camera to see what it does about that for the front cam.

At the moment, I can see myself possibly hanging out with it for the long run if Google Camera can improve on that enough to my liking. This is the closest I have gotten to a SE replacement so I'll really like it to work all the way. This was long but that's it.

(Oh, I did do the carrier switch and I have no regrets.)
Nice write up. Sounds like it's working for you so far.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To be fair, this is to be expected of most people. I don't know all of the codes but I know quite a bit because of people I follow online.

I feel like most people in the world know of the UK and US, because news. Some are interesting because they aren't always what you would expect. Like South Africa's is ZA.
I knew... But that's because I remembered where you were from, so that helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos