WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the 9 has been a success in the aims of generating buzz, and trying to stake out a point of differentiation from others in the camera space. HMD knew it wasn't going to make this first Gen product a mass market device by controlling the number of units available.

I really, really want to see a Gen two product - similar in the vein that the 1020 led to the 950 camera. Something like 3 lenses with all OIS (2 color + 1 mono/ 1 color + 2 mono / 3 color at different focal lengths) and a bit more balanced take in the sharpness and processing speed. Looks like the 9 also reminds me of the earlier Leica cameras on Huawei phones where the focus was more on stills.

Phone is interesting to me. Would love to try it at $500.

I would really like for you to try it because I could see you trying it out and playing with it as a camera. I wonder how long it would take to get to the $500 range.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I would really like for you to try it because I could see you trying it out and playing with it as a camera. I wonder how long it would take to get to the $500 range.
Not sure if it will, really. We will see what the numbers look like. I suspect a lot of the wrong people will buy it and try to resell it for a high price.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I dislike when people diminish what's going on. Went to get my hair done recently and the hairstylist asked what's going on. I said that school is really stressful and he was telling me that school can't be that stressful. Seriously? Once I shared that I'm in two groups and collaborating with five people, he understood why I said that.

Then he said that I should be the one to take the lead rather than having people lead me since I am smart enough and capable of that. It was an interesting point, but I don't feel the need to take the lead. I have enough things that I have to do that for and it's exhausting to do that for everything.

I feel like it's a roller coaster though. Being on break so far has been needed but I haven't been able to rest really because of school things. I planned to rest today all day but then my teammates decided to finish their stuff today so I have to do the same. I might need to schedule a day to check out of things again and not feel guilt but I have to plan that right to see if I can.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not sure if it will, really. We will see what the numbers look like. I suspect a lot of the wrong people will buy it and try to resell it for a high price.

Gotcha. Hmm, I can picture that but do you think there's a possibility that it might follow the way of the Essential Phone in being niche and how that went on the price side of things?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gotcha. Hmm, I can picture that but do you think there's a possibility that it might follow the way of the Essential Phone in being niche and how that went on the price side of things?
Nope. It'll be similar to the 8 Sirocco which was both hard to find and still expensive.

I can buy a 8 Sirocco and a XZ2 brand new for the same price.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking about a Galaxy watch active. I wanted to do the gear sport, but decided not to. GF likes hers just fine.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I doubt anyone has really had the X 1 yet. Sony has been notorious like LG for announcing phones and not launching them soon. It's nice to see them launch the X10(+) so fast so maybe there is hope.

Don't know why they didn't put Qi in the phone. Don't understand OEMs fascination with slim phones. This whole societal push for "slim is in" annoys the hell out of me.
Not sure why Sony avoids Qi. They haven't had that on any phone that I know of. It's not a deal breaker for me though. I don't have any need for it. It's a 'nice to have' option.

As for slender phones, yeah, I agree.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the 9 has been a success in the aims of generating buzz, and trying to stake out a point of differentiation from others in the camera space. HMD knew it wasn't going to make this first Gen product a mass market device by controlling the number of units available.

I really, really want to see a Gen two product - similar in the vein that the 1020 led to the 950 camera. Something like 3 lenses with all OIS (2 color + 1 mono/ 1 color + 2 mono / 3 color at different focal lengths) and a bit more balanced take in the sharpness and processing speed. Looks like the 9 also reminds me of the earlier Leica cameras on Huawei phones where the focus was more on stills.

Phone is interesting to me. Would love to try it at $500.
I think this is likely to happen where the phone won't drop much in price because of it's limited number.

And I agree they definitely got people's attention with it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not sure why Sony avoids Qi. They haven't had that on any phone that I know of. It's not a deal breaker for me though. I don't have any need for it. It's a 'nice to have' option.

As for slender phones, yeah, I agree.
It's in the XZ2 and XZ3. While it's not an essential feature, I just don't see why they didn't leave it in there for all the $ they will likely charge for the X 1.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's in the XZ2 and XZ3. While it's not an essential feature, I just don't see why they didn't leave it in there for all the $ they will likely charge for the X 1.
It's Sony?

From one review I read it's going to be more than the Samsung 10.

So yeah, typical Sony. Just hope the phone lives up to some of the hype. It's definitely interesting.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't hate the Pixel just think they're over priced for what they are.

It depends on when you plan to purchase them. I just got a 128GB Pixel 3 XL for $600. I think though the deals for Pixels are a bit scarce outside USA. Having said that, I think the Sony hardware is way over priced at least in the USA and probably there are better deals available across the Atlantic for Sony devices.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It depends on when you plan to purchase them. I just got a 128GB Pixel 3 XL for $600. I think though the deals for Pixels are a bit scarce outside USA. Having said that, I think the Sony hardware is way over priced at least in the USA and probably there are better deals available across the Atlantic for Sony devices.
Oh I know Sony isn't cheap. I typically don't buy just released as you know.

I don't really know what to do to be honest.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I got a LG G5 from a co-worker friend today. It's fun to play with older devices in general. It hadn't been updated since August of 2017. It's going through a bunch of updates right now.

And he also gave me two old iPhone 5 devices. How did we ever use that size of a smartphone is beyond me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Quick Android Q Beta update.
So far no big issues on the Pixel 3XL. I tried out a few of the things reviewers have noticed on the web. I like the battery life function on notification toggle down. I did change the shading color from Blue (default) to Black. Dark mode once it arrives is going to be great. But I am already enjoying that on the Samsung S10+.

More as I discover.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I got a LG G5 from a co-worker friend today. It's fun to play with older devices in general. It hadn't been updated since August of 2017. It's going through a bunch of updates right now.

And he also gave me two old iPhone 5 devices. How did we ever use that size of a smartphone is beyond me.

Ooh interesting!

As you know, I would use the 5 size again anyday lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lol my mom asked me if I have any condemned phones. I asked her why, do you need one? She said, I asked because you always condemn phones and move on to the next one

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Quick Android Q Beta update.
So far no big issues on the Pixel 3XL. I tried out a few of the things reviewers have noticed on the web. I like the battery life function on notification toggle down. I did change the shading color from Blue (default) to Black. Dark mode once it arrives is going to be great. But I am already enjoying that on the Samsung S10+.

More as I discover.

That battery life function sounds nice. Keep us posted.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah, one of the phones I lusted on buying for a long time. I really wanted a G5, but never found one at a price I liked. It was a screamer performance wise back in the day, even with LG's skin on top. I'm glad I got to use the wide angle lens on the V20.

Looking forward to my restored HTC 10 from that year. There were some very solid options that year (Mi 5 included).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh I know Sony isn't cheap. I typically don't buy just released as you know.

I don't really know what to do to be honest.
Just chill. You'll buy something soon enough. For S&G, I saw that the XZ3 is now $579 at the link I sent you.

A better question for the group would be for $579 what you'd buy: a Oneplus 6T (128GB/8GB RAM) or XZ3 (64GB/6GB RAM)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720