WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Lol my mom asked me if I have any condemned phones. I asked her why, do you need one? She said, I asked because you always condemn phones and move on to the next one
[insert initial inappropriate comment here]

Goes to show you the viewpoints folks across generations. Smart Phones are still luxury purchases, in spite of OEMs efforts to make them ubiquitous.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Just chill. You'll buy something soon enough. For S&G, I saw that the XZ3 is now $579 at the link I sent you.

A better question for the group would be for $579 what you'd buy: a Oneplus 6T (128GB/8GB RAM) or XZ3 (64GB/6GB RAM)?

The Sony. I really like Sony’s apps better than vanilla Android and their battery optimization lets them get away with smaller packs. I’m not feeling the whole FPS under the display thing yet.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

[insert initial inappropriate comment here]

Goes to show you the viewpoints folks across generations. Smart Phones are still luxury purchases, in spite of OEMs efforts to make them ubiquitous.

This is true. She said that she'll like any of those kind of phones to use as her Nigerian phone, as she goes there more than all of us do. I can offer my A3 since I can't technically use it (gsm only, I'm on Vzw now so not an option) but I need to replace some things on it. It feels like my phone baby but I do need a backup that is carrier friendly. (in the moment, I forgot all of this, because this carrier change is still very new to me.)

Honestly, I am the one who has bought all of the phones (over time). I bought her phone, replaced my dad's (he paid me back for it so I just picked it out), bought my sister's phone, bought my brother-in-law's phone (kind of, I passed on my Honor 8), replaced my brothers phone (he didn't ask me to but it was SO done, so it was just a gift) so I am the source lol.

Never mind the other phones she has asked me to buy...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just chill. You'll buy something soon enough. For S&G, I saw that the XZ3 is now $579 at the link I sent you.

A better question for the group would be for $579 what you'd buy: a Oneplus 6T (128GB/8GB RAM) or XZ3 (64GB/6GB RAM)?

I would go for the Oneplus 6T idealistically.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Sony. I really like Sony’s apps better than vanilla Android and their battery optimization lets them get away with smaller packs. I’m not feeling the whole FPS under the display thing yet.
Surprised you haven't hopped on the $499 Razer 2 bandwagon yet...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Why? Don't invoke your woman in tight clothes in the club not wanting to be looked at too closely card and be a tease by leaving us bereft of an explanation...

Omg your analogy, lol.

For me, it's slightly shorter, there's a silent mode without vibration or DnD (if I'm not mistaken) and as someone who never tried a OnePlus phone, I'm curious. I have heard that their software is like the Pixel's version but better. Also, I haven't looked at any of the XZ3 reviews so what follows after this statement is something you can take with a grain of salt. The cameras would probably require less fiddling for my use cases. From what I remember of the XZ2 Compact, the camera was almost there for me but didn't land.

I used ideally because I don't know of the battery life difference between these two phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Omg your analogy, lol.

For me, it's slightly shorter, there's a silent mode without vibration or DnD (if I'm not mistaken) and as someone who never tried a OnePlus phone, I'm curious. I have heard that their software is like the Pixel's version but better. Also, I haven't looked at any of the XZ3 reviews so what follows after this statement is something you can take with a grain of salt. The cameras would probably require less fiddling for my use cases. From what I remember of the XZ2 Compact, the camera was almost there for me but didn't land.

I used ideally because I don't know of the battery life difference between these two phones.
You know that analogy is so true. I was in a club a few months back and saw this. The difference was that she was the arm candy of some dude who paraded her around the dance floor for 20 minutes before they left.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You know that analogy is so true. I was in a club a few months back and saw this. The difference was that she was the arm candy of some dude who paraded her around the dance floor for 20 minutes before they left.

I believe that it is lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

For $579, I would get a Galaxy S10+
which is what I paid for mine brand new out the door.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm very curious about how the G7 will handle 9.0. Guess once the G8 launches, I'll see what it looks like.

I'm still interested in putting the G7 on the bench for better radios. We will see what happens though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My Prism Blue S10e has shipped today. It's probably going to be a gift for someone in the family.

I also got a Product Red iPhone 8 for the Mrs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Still too exprensive at the moment. No hurry. It will likely drop after the X1 comes out. That's if I'm interested in getting it.

I'll have to do some looking around to see what to get.

I like the build quality of Sony phones but this last one has been slightly disappointing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My Prism Blue S10e has shipped today. It's probably going to be a gift for someone in the family.

I also got a Product Red iPhone 8 for the Mrs.
Nice for both! Glad that the S10e finally shipped.

In my opinion, the red is one of the best colors for the 8. I'm sure she'll like that a lot.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So while out at lunch today I went to a mobile supplier. I was actually there to talk about my home internet but that was a waste of time.

Anyway in the 10 mins I had to look at phones here's my impression.

Pixel 3 - I'm sure it's a great phone but I really don't like the looks. I can't seem to get over that. The price is still quite high as well but I won't take this place as a means test for that.

Samsung 10, etc. - nice looking phones. Didn't look too much at them as I'm not really a Samsung fan. Plus I constantly had some security guy staring at me.

Sony XZ3 - again nice looking but doesn't do much for me. I don't know what it is. I'd take it over a Pixel 3 but I'm not a fan.

Sony X10 - so mid range here. If the X1 is the same size as this I wouldn't have much issue with the design. Felt nice and solid. The tall aspect didn't bother me. I personally like it better than the XZ3. Though I wouldn't buy the X10.

Saw the BlackBerry Key 2 what a brick that thing is! What's it designed for? Surviving the apocalypse? Weighed a ton too.

There were a bunch of Huawei phones but ran out of time.

No Nokia 9 here. I'll have to look elsewhere.

So that's just a general impression at this stage. I'll need more time.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Nice for both! Glad that the S10e finally shipped.

In my opinion, the red is one of the best colors for the 8. I'm sure she'll like that a lot.
The kid got a red Nuu G3 for birthday. It's a great looking cheap device. No SIM card in it. Strictly to use it for VR headset.

So Mrs looks at that and tells me that she would like a red iPhone if available. So I got her the red iPhone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786