WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So while out at lunch today I went to a mobile supplier. I was actually there to talk about my home internet but that was a waste of time.

Anyway in the 10 mins I had to look at phones here's my impression.

Pixel 3 - I'm sure it's a great phone but I really don't like the looks. I can't seem to get over that. The price is still quite high as well but I won't take this place as a means test for that.

Samsung 10, etc. - nice looking phones. Didn't look too much at them as I'm not really a Samsung fan. Plus I constantly had some security guy staring at me.

Sony XZ3 - again nice looking but doesn't do much for me. I don't know what it is. I'd take it over a Pixel 3 but I'm not a fan.

Sony X10 - so mid range here. If the X1 is the same size as this I wouldn't have much issue with the design. Felt nice and solid. The tall aspect didn't bother me. I personally like it better than the XZ3. Though I wouldn't buy the X10.

Saw the BlackBerry Key 2 what a brick that thing is! What's it designed for? Surviving the apocalypse? Weighed a ton too.

There were a bunch of Huawei phones but ran out of time.

No Nokia 9 here. I'll have to look elsewhere.

So that's just a general impression at this stage. I'll need more time.
Nice write up.
You make it sound like you went to a fashion show and are describing the collection.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The kid got a red Nuu G3 for birthday. It's a great looking cheap device. No SIM card in it. Strictly to use it for VR headset.

So Mrs looks at that and tells me that she would like a red iPhone if available. So I got her the red iPhone 8.

Ooh that's awesome! I hope your kid will enjoy the headset and that the Mrs will enjoy her phone with the home button.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I only had time to look at the overall design in general.

Not much else.

Need to go to another place to spend time with them.

Off the bat, the Huawei phones you probably saw were the P20 and P20 Pro, and maybe even a Mate. The cameras on the P20 Pro are apparently really solid.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Off the bat, the Huawei phones you probably saw were the P20 and P20 Pro, and maybe even a Mate. The cameras on the P20 Pro are apparently really solid.
There was a half a table full of Huawei phones. High, mid, low. Old and new. Europe doesn't have the same issue with Huawei as the USA does.

I saw the P20 and P20 Pro but didn't have time to examine them.

The Samsung display still had the 8 and 9 on table along with the mid range devices.

There's also this other brand I never heard of before here, Wiko. It's a French / Chinese brand. Typically mid/low end devices. Didn't really look at them.

Huawei is quite popular here. Lots of people look at them over other brands. Mainly because of the price.

Brett_P

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site

a523a59d82606cd23e7171481f472621.jpg

Spring has arrived.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Looks like another reset on the TV is required... Hope it works.

Don't really want to put it in for repair...

Sigh

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

What’s up gang! Thought I’d check in and see how everyone’s doing.

Been busy as hell with work as usual, but did manage to purchase a new addition to my ever expanding home recording studio.

9DA86381-FE85-4D67-B32F-34FDE120E503.jpeg

A Behringer Deepmind 12 true analog polyphonic synthesizer! After using VST (soft synths) for years, this will be my first real hardware synth. So far, I’ve been having a ton of fun with this thing!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This was very interesting, thank you for sharing. The table with the percentage increase was fascinating to see how this all worked out.

There were a couple of interesting points but the one about the iPhone X release playing a role in this is something I didn't really think about but it kind of made me think of the headphone jack situation and how people now praise phones for keeping it. Apples and oranges, I know but Apple being the leader of certain things at times makes sense.

I actually forgot that Google kept the price of the Pixels the same until last year and how that makes the $200 off sale look now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This was very interesting, thank you for sharing. The table with the percentage increase was fascinating to see how this all worked out.

There were a couple of interesting points but the one about the iPhone X release playing a role in this is something I didn't really think about but it kind of made me think of the headphone jack situation and how people now praise phones for keeping it. Apples and oranges, I know but Apple being the leader of certain things at times makes sense.

I actually forgot that Google kept the price of the Pixels the same until last year and how that makes the $200 off sale look now.
It's just a shame, that's all. People still chasing the Apple super profits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss