WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's not that bad.

I may have found the culprit. I think it was my VPN. I need to turn it off before turning the TV off. Otherwise it makes the TV go into some boot loop.

Turned on this morning without any issue. But things are still not perfect. So I may reset anyway to fix things.

I will say though that the Android TV remote app is pretty good.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interesting read.

Not really surprised about the costs rising. Whether justified or not. However it goes against usual trends. Normally tech goes downward in price. Even though they go on about new technologies as justification really phones haven't changed that much overall and the cost of larger storage in a phone is still way too pricey.

I think it's mostly price padding because they know people simply aren't buying phones that often regardless of the hype. The heat has left the market.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

What’s up gang! Thought I’d check in and see how everyone’s doing.

Been busy as hell with work as usual, but did manage to purchase a new addition to my ever expanding home recording studio.

View attachment 140682

A Behringer Deepmind 12 true analog polyphonic synthesizer! After using VST (soft synths) for years, this will be my first real hardware synth. So far, I’ve been having a ton of fun with this thing!
Awesome, and great to hear from you.

Do you have any interest in valve amps? I haven't gotten any new amps or valves, but I'm still using the same valves I've had for the past year, since I've found what works best for my phono preamp and my power amp.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It's not that bad.

I may have found the culprit. I think it was my VPN. I need to turn it off before turning the TV off. Otherwise it makes the TV go into some boot loop.

Turned on this morning without any issue. But things are still not perfect. So I may reset anyway to fix things.

I will say though that the Android TV remote app is pretty good.

Speaking of TV, I got a new Samsung 50 inch 4K HDTV on Saturday.
Got it all hooked up and it's working like a champ. I just need to figure out how to get the browser related streaming (Hindi movies) sorted out and I will be set. For now I just use Chromecast built in my MiBox for that part otherwise everything I have a subscription to already has an app on the TV.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My Prism Blue S10e just got delivered. Case arrived on Saturday. So I should be able to set it up either tonight or tomorrow.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My Prism Blue S10e just got delivered. Case arrived on Saturday. So I should be able to set it up either tonight or tomorrow.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to hearing early impressions. Can you let us know if the Blue is vibrant or more subdued (if you remember of course)?

Still looking forward to your S10+ thoughts/review as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

New phone itch is strong. Hope the restored 10 will help. Kinda interested in a Samsung... Note FE. And a Razer 2. Will I get those? Who knows.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm now questioning this track I chose. For the second time in the same class, I'm feeling this way. I know that things will not be easy at times but I hate feeling like the member that is just a dead weight of a group.

It's not that I don't do my part, it's that I try to do it and then get stuck. Over and over. Meanwhile, my teammates do get stuck as well but I seem to be the only one who has a hard time getting unstuck. I'm trying to keep my spirits up but I'm not sure if the 3rd class in this will be worth it for me.* (Maybe I should just stick to the law stuff?)

To be fair, I'm paired with people studying Info Management, Engineering, and Survey Methods and I'm in Library Science so I'm not sure if I'm just being hard on myself or if they just have a upper hand that I don't or both even.

* = By this, I don't mean the whole program, I mean the subset of the path in this program that I decided to take.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Excellent! I'm looking forward to hearing early impressions. Can you let us know if the Blue is vibrant or more subdued (if you remember of course)?

Still looking forward to your S10+ thoughts/review as well.
The Blue is identical to the Coral Blue S7edge (one of my all time favorite Samsung devices). Now that I have unboxed it, I am wondering if I should have gotten the regular S10.

6e540e7c93e4dd563e085270c06cc62e.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ah, gotcha. That's valid. I keep forgetting that you used the Pixel 3 (non XL) for a short period of time but you preferred the XL.
I never used the Pixel 3.
Only the Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL and then Pixel 3XL. So it's been a while.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I never used the Pixel 3.
Only the Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL and then Pixel 3XL. So it's been a while.

I don;t know why I thought you used the Pixel 3. Maybe you had one for a second but didn't use it. Wow, it has been a while then! At least more than a year anyway.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of TV, I got a new Samsung 50 inch 4K HDTV on Saturday.
Got it all hooked up and it's working like a champ. I just need to figure out how to get the browser related streaming (Hindi movies) sorted out and I will be set. For now I just use Chromecast built in my MiBox for that part otherwise everything I have a subscription to already has an app on the TV.
Cool.

I can say for certain that the VPN is the issue. Haven't had any problems since I started turning it off before turning off the TV.

My TV is from the UK and I'm using it in France. It had a bunch of apps and other things for UK TV but since I'm not in the UK all the apps are gone. I'm also not hooked up to the aerial (free HD TV in the UK is via the aerial). I have a TV box from my French internet supplier that's connected via HDMI.

I'd prefer a true Android experience that allowed me to install whatever apps I want but it appears the TVs are region specific. At least here in Europe.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Seeing the P30 Pro cameras in early videos is really interesting, especially with the zoom. It's interesting. Luckily even the P30 is too big for me, but the thought did cross my mind that I can't even try it even I wanted to.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Seeing the P30 Pro cameras in early videos is really interesting, especially with the zoom. It's interesting. Luckily even the P30 is too big for me, but the thought did cross my mind that I can't even try it even I wanted to.
Just don't think the P30 Pro is worth $1K. It's got a ton of nice things, but that $1K is steep.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, moved desks today. Was a bit strange to me because in most offices they do this after work hours. France does things it's own way...

My new desk is good. Right near a window and more space. No I don't have a corner office.

I currently have no network connection so can't do any work.

Been here before... Ah well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo