WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So latest news is that the overall structure has been saved. The interior though blackened is in good shape though anything wood is most likely gone. The artwork has been saved. Haven't heard anything about the stained glass.

1/3 of the ceiling has collapsed and the roof is completely gone.

So sad it's happened but at least it looks like they managed to keep it mostly intact.

It will probably take around 40 years to rebuild and million of euros.
That is really sad, since it is such a beautiful and an historic work of art. It definitely would've been on my list of places to visit if I were to visit Paris.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Those are so cool. I'd love to ride one.
The old fashioned ones are interesting. There's a couple in the UK still in operation.

The ones in Switzerland that go up the mountains are modern ones and are fairly quick.

I think the one in Paris that goes up to Sacre Cuer is fairly new.

Not many older ones left.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is really sad, since it is such a beautiful and an historic work of art. It definitely would've been on my list of places to visit if I were to visit Paris.
It is a beautiful building. It was free to go into and small fee to go up the tower which had an amazing view. I didn't make it up the tower but I've been inside.

Though it will probably be many years before anyone will be able to go into it again I try to look at the positives and we should be grateful it's mostly still standing.

Lots to see in Paris though. Many wonderful buildings both new and old. Still worth a visit.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It is a beautiful building. It was free to go into and small fee to go up the tower which had an amazing view. I didn't make it up the tower but I've been inside.

Though it will probably be many years before anyone will be able to go into it again I try to look at the positives and we should be grateful it's mostly still standing.

Lots to see in Paris though. Many wonderful buildings both new and old. Still worth a visit.

That's such a true perspective, thanks for that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I definitely would still love to visit Paris.

Are there any other historic churches that have the interesting gargoyles similar to those at Notre Dame?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I definitely would still love to visit Paris.

Are there any other historic churches that have the interesting gargoyles similar to those at Notre Dame?
I don't think you'll find many churches that are similar to Notre Dame in Paris. Especially with that view on top with the gargoyles. But I don't know how many others have gargoyles.

St Chapelle has beautiful stain glass windows and Sacre Cuer is pretty in its own right. Also has a great view of Paris.

I've seen other churches outside Paris similar to Notre Dame with gargoyles. Might even been called Notre Dame. I'd have to remember where they are though.

I'm curious to what their plans are for Notre Dame. The president wants to get it fixed in five years. Not entirely sure how they plan to do that. Would be quite the feat though.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Cats...!!
Well, further adventures of a little orangey furball... Had to take Mickey to the vet as he was bitten by an adult male cat, a week ago. The puncture wound turn abscess. So its been a daily routine to clean the wound and wrapped up the wound.

Guess I had a bit of experience in dressing up wounds. I used to work in a plantation that planted cocoa. After collecting the ripe cocoa pods, the workers would use a sharp knife to split the pod. Sometime their aim wasnt so good, and they'll get cuts... Ah memories, yikes....[one of the main reason why I dont eat much chocolates nowadays!!! haha]

Anyway, Mickey is doing fine. Bites a lot, especially the hands that feed.... fortunately its just playful bites...

"Sir, we engaged the enemy and took back the sofa"

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Cats...!!
Well, further adventures of a little orangey furball... Had to take Mickey to the vet as he was bitten by an adult male cat, a week ago. The puncture wound turn abscess. So its been a daily routine to clean and dress up the wound.
Guess I had a bit of experience in dressing up wounds. I used to work in a plantation that planted cocoa. After collecting the ripe cocoa pods, the workers would use a sharp knife to split the pod. Sometime the aim wasnt so good, and they'll get cuts... Ah memories, yikes....[one of the main reason why I dont eat much chocolates nowadays!!! haha]

Anyway, Mickey is doing fine. Bites a lot, especially the hands that feed.... fortunately its just playful bites...

"Sir, we engaged the enemy and took back the sofa"

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The V35 and Gear Sport have been very solid. Not complaints, really. Battery life is decent on both. I like the screen on the V35 and can appreciate the advances on the V40 & G8.

I wish it were 128GB internal storage, but that's that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The V35 and Gear Sport have been very solid. Not complaints, really. Battery life is decent on both. I like the screen on the V35 and can appreciate the advances on the V40 & G8.

Glad to hear this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still wouldn't mind trying out something else to test, but daily driver wise, I'm good.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Drowning in group work but I'll be having fun this weekend which I'm really looking forward to. At the same time, I have been reading books and it feels great to my soul that I'm reading again. It's been a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo