WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Wally Waldron tree. Supposedly 1500 years old.
10925419792a3f0ba03b0ddc0fc0fecc.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

After getting stuck while starting up or trying to restart, I finally had to refresh my PC because I had files to keep (generally but especially for school), which includes my last assignment.

I'm really hoping that my computer would be good to go now. I forgot how much it sucks to setup all of these programs and settings again. The flip side of this is that I'm done working with my project that needs R or else I would be more frustrated.

It's unfortunate how hard it is to find a computer with an optical drive, as I don't have any gaming systems. Either way, the watch continues. I strongly hope that I can possibly replace it before I am rushed into getting something that can't run R.

Edit: I forgot to say that I put all of the school files into the cloud as soon as I could get back into my computer. Same for the others, but the other cloud lol.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess I'm once of the few people who doesnt mind the smaller sensor on the G7/V35. These days I'm shooting in both the LG and G cam ports at 12MP 16:9. What I like about having an LG and a Huawei in house (which is why I still look fondling at the Nokia 9), is flexibility. I don't mind using both apps on the V35 and sticking with the default app.

The issue I have is finding a good G cam port. When your device isn't popular, the port options are smaller. I have one that works well (speed is closer to the LG app), but it's from August 2018. The current one (March 2019) I'm using produces better results but can be slow and hit or miss. With the V35, if I want lazy point and shoot, I'd use the G cam port, but sometimes I just go into manual mode in the stock app and leave it on auto.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Soon we are being forced into a temporary (as in for the next 2+ months) change for work. That has me and my coworker rethinking our food habits. I'll have to work to avoid going off the deep end since I'm working to save but have been neutral towards that (I could be doing better but the year isn't done yet).

Also going to need some more podcast episodes because privacy is essentially gone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Soon we are being forced into a temporary (as in for the next 2+ months) change for work. That has me and my coworker rethinking our food habits. I'll have to work to avoid going off the deep end since I'm working to save but have been neutral towards that (I could be doing better but the year isn't done yet).

Also going to need some more podcast episodes because privacy is essentially gone.
I'm not sure what kind of podcasts you like. However, my recommendation for a podcast app is Pocket Casts. I use it to listen to my favourite podcasts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure what kind of podcasts you like. However, my recommendation for a podcast app is Pocket Casts. I use it to listen to my favourite podcasts.
I've been using Google podcast and Spotify. I had issues finding things on Google podcast (which is odd) so I've given up on it for the moment and I'm just using Spotify.

I prefer Google podcast though. It's very basic, which I like. I found other podcast apps just too cluttered or full of ads.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've been using Google podcast and Spotify. I had issues finding things on Google podcast (which is odd) so I've given up on it for the moment and I'm just using Spotify.

I prefer Google podcast though. It's very basic, which I like. I found other podcast apps just too cluttered or full of ads.
I've never used Spotify for podcasts but only for music. I like Pocket Casts, since it allows one to download podcasts and listen to them offline, rather than streaming them. Pocket Casts is a paid app, so it doesn't contain any adverts.

I also tried Google podcast, but it was too much a PITA to find and subscribe to podcasts I like.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've never used Spotify for podcasts but only for music. I like Pocket Casts, since it allows one to download podcasts and listen to them offline, rather than streaming them. Pocket Casts is a paid app, so it doesn't contain any adverts.

I also tried Google podcast, but it was too much a PITA to find and subscribe to podcasts I like.

Give Spotify a try. You can download the podcasts.

I used to use the Sony Podcast app but they discontinued it. It was great. Simple to use and had all the features you need.

I also ran into the issue of finding things on Google Podcast which is why I stopped using it. Popular podcasts which you can find on any other podcast app I couldn't find it there. Very weird. Maybe they're going to discontinue it or merge it with their music app.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Give Spotify a try. You can download the podcasts.

I used to use the Sony Podcast app but they discontinued it. It was great. Simple to use and had all the features you need.

I also ran into the issue of finding things on Google Podcast which is why I stopped using it. Popular podcasts which you can find on any other podcast app I couldn't find it there. Very weird. Maybe they're going to discontinue it or merge it with their music app.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give Spotify a try for podcasts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So yesterday I went to Paris. It was a sunny day in general but not as warm as it could be.

We're exploring the different popular areas of Paris at the moment. Yesterday we went to the 4th arrondissement and the Marais district within it. The Marais is the Jewish quarter, gay friendly, fashionable, trendy, village area of Paris. Not sure about the village feel.

Now, for those not familiar with France, a lot of things are typically closed on Sundays and lots on Mondays as well. Even in Paris. It's only been recently that shops in tourist areas are being allowed to open on Sunday. There's been a long struggle about Sunday shopping in France. So the Marais is one of the areas in Paris that has shops open. Though I'm sure there's others.

On Sunday mornings you typically find bread shops and some small grocery stores open for half a day or depending where you are in France possibly longer. Cafes and restaurants are open on Sundays as well as cinemas. Also you'll find markets open on Sunday mornings as well, if there is a market on.

The Marais district is nice. I took some pics which I'll post soon. It's a nice area in general. Lots of shops, restaurants and so on. One of the big things people go there for is the Jewish food and most specifically, falafel. There's an on going argument in who has the best falafel in Paris. This one place lays claim to it and I've yet to try it. We plan to soon.

So we went to the Marais for lunch, to another Jewish restaurant that does stuffed pita but it unfortunately didn't turn out to be that great. We got recommended the place from an acquaintance who is also a tour guide.

We went to the Picasso Museum, a boutique eclair place and the Swedish Institute and oddly, a bread festival which we stumbled upon. Along with just simply wandering around. Also due to where our train lets us off, we went by Notre Dame. We catch a train which is a short drive nearby and takes us into the heart of Paris in 45 minutes.

So was a great day with some slight disappointment. We have a lot more to explore. Paris has 20 arrondissements. They start off in the centre and wind their way around like a snail shape going in a clockwise direction. I live in Ile de France, which some people consider Paris, but to most, Paris is the 20 arrondissements, especially to those who live there. However, like New York, London, Toronto, etc. Paris is getting bigger if you include the surrounding suburbs. If you only think of the 20 arrondissements then it's a fairly small place with a high density of people.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So yesterday I went to Paris. It was a sunny day in general but not as warm as it could be.

We're exploring the different popular areas of Paris at the moment. Yesterday we went to the 4th arrondissement and the Marais district within it. The Marais is the Jewish quarter, gay friendly, fashionable, trendy, village area of Paris. Not sure about the village feel.

Now, for those not familiar with France, a lot of things are typically closed on Sundays and lots on Mondays as well. Even in Paris. It's only been recently that shops in tourist areas are being allowed to open on Sunday. There's been a long struggle about Sunday shopping in France. So the Marais is one of the areas in Paris that has shops open. Though I'm sure there's others.

On Sunday mornings you typically find bread shops and some small grocery stores open for half a day or depending where you are in France possibly longer. Cafes and restaurants are open on Sundays as well as cinemas. Also you'll find markets open on Sunday mornings as well, if there is a market on.

The Marais district is nice. I took some pics which I'll post soon. It's a nice area in general. Lots of shops, restaurants and so on. One of the big things people go there for is the Jewish food and most specifically, falafel. There's an on going argument in who has the best falafel in Paris. This one place lays claim to it and I've yet to try it. We plan to soon.

So we went to the Marais for lunch, to another Jewish restaurant that does stuffed pita but it unfortunately didn't turn out to be that great. We got recommended the place from an acquaintance who is also a tour guide.

We went to the Picasso Museum, a boutique eclair place and the Swedish Institute and oddly, a bread festival which we stumbled upon. Along with just simply wandering around. Also due to where our train lets us off, we went by Notre Dame. We catch a train which is a short drive nearby and takes us into the heart of Paris in 45 minutes.

So was a great day with some slight disappointment. We have a lot more to explore. Paris has 20 arrondissements. They start off in the centre and wind their way around like a snail shape going in a clockwise direction. I live in Ile de France, which some people consider Paris, but to most, Paris is the 20 arrondissements, especially to those who live there. However, like New York, London, Toronto, etc. Paris is getting bigger if you include the surrounding suburbs. If you only think of the 20 arrondissements then it's a fairly small place with a high density of people.
I can't wait to see your pictures from Paris.

How cool was the temperature? It has been chilly here for the past several days.
ad6632e71c1c9fc870d01249404bd86a.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't wait to see your pictures from Paris.

How cool was the temperature? It has been chilly here for the past several days.
ad6632e71c1c9fc870d01249404bd86a.jpg

Yesterday got up to 16C but the wind was chilly and when the sun went it was cold.

Last week we had a polar vortex. Got down to 6C during the day and some areas had snow and frost.

Had lots of rain as well. This week is looking decent but really looking forward to warmer weather.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss