WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I posted this a while back, but since you sleepwalk through 97% of the phone talk here these days, I'll add it again:

https://youtu.be/otHviixLykI

We keep having the same style conversation around some of the old school OEMs. At least RIM and to some degree Nokia (although whether I like their strategy or not is a different comment) have settled in on their message to consumers. All 10 of the people working in HTC 's marketing dept have no clue as to how to pitch Chairwoman Wang's of the brand. LG is too busy doing other things while they bleed money in mobile to create a solid message. Sony mobile has been restructuring for at least half of Sahib's life.

Personally, the more brands available, the better. I don't want to be stuck only choosing between Samsung and Samsung in the Android space. The issue is when you got off the beaten path (these days in our circle that's Samsung, Oneplus, Huawei, Xiaomi, Google) you run the risk of getting a handset that fits your needs but doesn't get much aftersales support (LG, Sony, Nokia, HTC, Moto, Asus, etc). Android is hardware driven but the OEMs sometimes screw themselves with the choices they make trying to chase iPhone 3GS-5S profits that even Apple cannot make anymore.

I have to admit to not sleep walking, I just ignore it... It's not my thing. Maybe I'm just tried of it. Don't know.

I don't dig into things as much as you guys do. I read reviews that interest me and and watch the occasional video.

I just buy what appeals to me. That pretty much it. The only disappointment I've had so far with this strategy was my 920 which was a bit of a lemon.

I've been generally happy with all my phones. They're not perfect but they're not horrible either.

I do agree that a market without other OEMs would be boring.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have to admit to not sleep walking, I just ignore it... It's not my thing. Maybe I'm just tried of it. Don't know.

I don't dig into things as much as you guys do. I read reviews that interest me and and watch the occasional video.

I just buy what appeals to me. That pretty much it. The only disappointment I've had so far with this strategy was my 920 which was a bit of a lemon.

I've been generally happy with all my phones. They're not perfect but they're not horrible either.

I do agree that a market without other items OEMs would be boring.
I was being kind in saying you sleepwalk over the tech talk. The regulars know these days you'd rather talk about Trump's tweets more than tech reviews these days...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm good these days with the tech I have...

As much as I rant about LG and their issues, hardware wise what I have from them works for now. I was always interested in getting a Huawei Mate device, and while the Mate 20 Pro wasn't my first choice, the value I got it for made sense.

Are there stuff I'd love to try, possibly collect? Yup - XZ3, Mi Mix 3. Am I in rush to get them? Nope. Will I get them? Probably not.

Guess I'm an old man enthusiast these days that is OK with reading some stuff to follow along but not being crazed to jump in.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The news these days has gotten so disheartening that it is hard to follow. By the looks of the elites who want to sneak certain things by us common folk by innundating us with trivial excrement, looks like things are working as intended.

Still, I follow along as best as I can because one has to be viligant for the stuff that's being pushed by. See the recent reproductive rights laws passed in Alabama, Georgia and Missouri.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was being kind in saying you sleepwalk over the tech talk. The regulars know these days you'd rather talk about Trump's tweets more than tech reviews these days...
I have no interest in that either...

There's enough issues over here than to worry about baby 45.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Enjoying using the V35 without a case. I have a wood skin on the back and tempered glass on the front.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I forgot to say that I'm done with school for a week and a few days so it's been good to just relax.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yep
d12b11d3630c377070dbb8da3edbdda5.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ooh very nice!
Thanks. Runs on Niagara launcher, which looks surprisingly good on it as it did on the 8. Have the carbon fibre skin too but the wood goes good with my watch straps.

Yep, like the V35 a lot.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Don't go hurting his feelings. His supporters don't like that.
I'm well aware of the 45

Unless we don't watch or read the news we can't escape hearing about what happens in the USA.

With 45 the GOP finally got the president they wanted. Someone who keeps their base happy while they get what they want.

45 is as much a good president and he is a a good businessman.

That should scare anyone normal.

And yes I know how the evangelicals feel about him too...

But like I said we have our own problems over here. The right is on the rise, funded and supported by Bannon and Russia.

Goal is destabilisation of the EU.

Unfortunately their base, like those in the USA only hear and see what they want. It's no different. The tactics are the same and we got here the same way the USA did by ignoring those who've been hit the hardest by the economic change in the last 30 - 40 years

However, Europe is a lot different than the USA in a lot of ways but those who support populists think very much like the ones in the USA. The unfortunate part is they often don't realise how good they have it because they've never stepped outside their own backyard. Just like it's easy to be racist if the place you live in has people who look like you.

The EU elections are very important this time around. I just hope the right parties come on top. It's hard to judge.

That's politics.

I haven't even begun to tell you the nonsense I have gone through the last three months.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I'm back working on this corner of the internet again. It's been good so far, at least for me to do.

For the closet lurkers who love to see my rants, you can find that on wider topics here:

https://rumbaradvice.wordpress.com/
To give some context here...

My blog is old. About 10 years, actually. It came out of some conversations that I had with some high school friends on Facebook (when I used to use it). For those who choose to look in the archives, there's lots of stuff to see...and it's interesting how cyclical some topics have been over the years.

Blogging is hard. I do miss the old format where it was a mix of commentary and quotes... It was as just too much to sustain. So even though the blog is old, it seems inconsistent if it's viewed by dates.

I'm always open for new topics. Now I just do it more casually to reduce the stress.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

To give some context here...

My blog is old. About 10 years, actually. It came out of some conversations that I had with some high school friends on Facebook (when I used to use it). For those who choose to look in the archives, there's lots of stuff to see...and it's interesting how cyclical some topics have been over the years.

Blogging is hard. I do miss the old format where it was a mix of commentary and quotes... It was as just too much to sustain. So even though the blog is old, it seems inconsistent if it's viewed by dates.

I'm always open for new topics. Now I just do it more casually to reduce the stress.
I plan to catch up now that I can!

I had no idea that you have blogged for so long though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb