WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So nearly a week later, I like the iPod touch. I haven't used it for music really with the headphone jack yet. Using it as a dedicated device works for me and it feels nice. I don't have to charge it often, it's super light and easy to carry around.

For me, that looks like using it to read ebooks (while it's small, it's fine, it just means that I have more pages to read), using it for some alarms (I tried it out for some but I'm transitioning to all alarms now) and podcasts along with some music.

I can understand why people have said that they like having the iPad and an Android phone. Of course it's not equal to it but it's kinda the best of both for those who do not care about iMessage. The limitations of iOS works out great for my use case.

Charging is slow, but I have an iPad charger so that helps. It's been good to just read when I want to, versus starting to read and then going into my email, and social media. It was odd at first, but towards the end of the week, it started to feel relaxing.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Though I'm no Apple fan I wouldn't complain if I had a computer that powerful at work. My current PC is a bit under powered.

It seems like a heavy investment for a company to make. Hopefully they pay well....

Are you still at the same place or have you changed companies?

Yeah still at the same place but doing only graphic design now which is a big plus. They could pay more but at least the work is varied.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Take off from San Juan. Landing at JFK the sun was directly in the window so no good pictures.
9ef8c122da54933675e82610c264213f.jpg
That's a great shot.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The zx2 compact is kinda "old" but that's the best suggestion I have unless a Pixel 3a will work better for her.

I'm curious about the new phone journeys so please keep us updated.
I did mean compact...

She's not sure what to do and our outing at the shopping mall didn't help at all.

I keep pointing her to the Pixel 3 but she doesn't like it. I suggested the 10e but didn't like it either.

She really wants a Nokia but thinks the 9 is too big. Then if she can't have a Nokia then it's Sony and there's only the XZ2C...

So she's struggling.

As for colour. She likes a deep mid purple if it's available otherwise she likes silver.

She wants a good camera which is important. I'm hesitant about the XZ2C.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should mention we didn't see any of the phones she's and I are interested in.

No Nokia 9, Xperia 1 or XZ2C.

Buying blind is annoying.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As for me I'm probably going to order the Xperia 1 today or tomorrow.

Just wish it had other colour options but it doesn't. Oh well.

Not sure about the headphones either. My wife isn't that keen on the gesture functions and she prefers a different colour as well

So we'll see.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I did mean compact...

She's not sure what to do and our outing at the shopping mall didn't help at all.

I keep pointing her to the Pixel 3 but she doesn't like it. I suggested the 10e but didn't like it either.

She really wants a Nokia but thinks the 9 is too big. Then if she can't have a Nokia then it's Sony and there's only the XZ2C...

So she's struggling.

As for colour. She likes a deep mid purple if it's available otherwise she likes silver.

She wants a good camera which is important. I'm hesitant about the XZ2C.

Unfortunately all of the Nokia's with decent cameras are too big. The Nokia 8 sirocco is the only one that isn't.

It sounds like she'll have to choose the one that bothers her the least because you shared all of the options with her. Everything else is really tall.

If it helps, Samsung has changed things with One UI. It's really good. It's much better than what used to be.

If she never takes any photos in low light, the zx2c should be okay. For me, I had to download open camera for better results.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's been nice to pull out the OG Huawei Watch. They really designed this thing well back in the day.

The weaknesses still are glaring - the charging system and the lack of ambient light sensor for adaptive brightness. But it's been nice to use.
My wrist thankfully allows me to wear all sorts of watches and still looks decent. I like slightly bigger style watches, but never the super huge ones.

It's why the Huawei OG, Moto 360 OG, Moto 360 42mm, Gear Sport, Huawei Watch 2, LG Watch R, Sony Smart watch 3, Q Explorist 3, Falster OG have been ones I've liked using. Analog wise I still have an Eco Drive which is the smallest watch I own (and don't wear that much).

On the flip side, the Watch Active, LG Watch style were just too small, as small as my Eco Drive. One of these days, I'll take some pictures with stuff on my current watches to illustrate the point.

I was debating recently on adding a Q Explorist HR to the mix. I I may pivot and add a Gear S3 Classic instead. I want to see if I can fix the Gear sport first before I do so. I still prefer Android Wear (Wear OS) vs Tizen (One UI), but I really like the rotating bezel.

For me, the biggest issue with wearables especially Wear OS is that you cannot pair one watch to multiple phones. That's why I now just pair phones to watches and use them in concert. With how wearable are going, their resale value isn't great either. So it makes sense to just keep the ones I like.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My wrist thankfully allows me to wear all sorts of watches and still looks decent. I like slightly bigger style watches, but never the super huge ones.

It's why the Huawei OG, Moto 360 OG, Moto 360 42mm, Gear Sport, Huawei Watch 2, LG Watch R, Sony Smart watch 3, Q Explorist 3, Falster OG have been ones I've liked using. Analog wise I still have an Eco Drive which is the smallest watch I own (and don't wear that much).

On the flip side, the Watch Active, LG Watch style were just too small, as small as my Eco Drive. One of these days, I'll take some pictures with stuff on my current watches to illustrate the point.

I was debating recently on adding a Q Explorist HR to the mix. I I may pivot and add a Gear S3 Classic instead. I want to see if I can fix the Gear sport first before I do so. I still prefer Android Wear (Wear OS) vs Tizen (One UI), but I really like the rotating bezel.

For me, the biggest issue with wearables especially Wear OS is that you cannot pair one watch to multiple phones. That's why I now just pair phones to watches and use them in concert. With how wearable are going, their resale value isn't great either. So it makes sense to just keep the ones I like.
For the reason of the poor resale value, I've bought most of my watches mint. The only ones I bought new outright were the G watch OG, Sony Smartwatch 3 and (maybe) the G Watch R. Even those I never bought at launch, always on sale. Most I was able to flip at the height of the wearable curiosity. Now I buy only what I will keep.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

For the reason of the poor resale value, I've bought most of my watches mint. The only ones I bought new outright were the G watch OG, Sony Smartwatch 3 and (maybe) the G Watch R. Even those I never bought at launch, always on sale. Most I was able to flip at the height of the wearable curiosity. Now I buy only what I will keep.

This sounds like a great strategy. At least you get to use them here and there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb