WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

At this point, I'm fine with what I have. The only thing I'd move is the G7+. I could move the V35 under another scenario but it is likely to stay. The only things I'd add are any one of these: Mix 3 (5G)/XZ3/ 9 Pureview. As a wildcard, if the keyboard wasn't as cramped, the Key2 would be on the list.

I may make a few moves, but I doubt I'll add anything significant this year. The Mate 20 Pro has filled its spot nicely, my gripes with it and all. I plan to keep a HTC and the 950 XL for nostalgia, an LG for audio and manual video, the Mate for stills and video backup duties. I'd love a daily for battery and performance, but I'm not fully chasing another compromised experience.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This sounds like a great strategy. At least you get to use them here and there.
Yup. These smartatches are for design, really. I like the Watch 2 because I could use it functionally. I want a Gear Sport for the same reason, but with the added ability when I put on a better strap it looks more dressed up. I'm hopeful to do the battery swap to fix the issues the one I have currently is experiencing.

I wish Fossil made a regular gold Q Explorist HR though. That would have been great as I don't have a gold watch. I can get a Q Explorist Gen 3, but would rather not. I can go the rose gold route again, but I wanted a traditional gold. We will see.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

At this point, I'm fine with what I have. The only thing I'd move is the G7+. I could move the V35 under another scenario but it is likely to stay. The only things I'd add are any one of these: Mix 3 (5G)/XZ3/ 9 Pureview. As a wildcard, if the keyboard wasn't as cramped, the Key2 would be on the list.

I may make a few moves, but I doubt I'll add anything significant this year. The Mate 20 Pro has filled its spot nicely, my gripes with it and all. I plan to keep a HTC and the 950 XL for nostalgia, an LG for audio and manual video, the Mate for stills and video backup duties. I'd love a daily for battery and performance, but I'm not fully chasing another compromised experience.

I can get this. To me, it seems like you tried some that were decent phones but you had to compromise with something significant. It seems like you have the best options for your use case at the moment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can get this. To me, it seems like you tried some that were decent phones but you had to compromise with something significant. It seems like you have the best options for your use case at the moment.
I'm thinking about maybe some app development. If that thought gains traction, I'll grab back Andy's phone or a Pixel 3. If I had a different setup, I would have added an iPod touch too. But I need to survey the landscape first. I was going do this on the 10, but I'll leave that on the t-mobile stock 7.0 software. Lol.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My take on software remains unchanged - I'd prefer getting routine security patches over major versions if dealing with a skinned OEM. If LG went to bi monthly patches, they'd be in much better shape.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Roasting some asparagus (pink salt + cumin + smoked paprika) and red skin (parsley + turmeric + seasoned salt + black pepper + a kiss of cayenne + paprika + cumin blend) potatoes today.

Finally bought a cooling rack + slip mat combo. Need to step the game up, I suppose.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Roasting some asparagus (pink salt + cumin + smoked paprika) and red skin (parsley + turmeric + seasoned salt + black pepper + a kiss of cayenne + paprika + cumin blend) potatoes today.

Finally bought a cooling rack + slip mat combo. Need to step the game up, I suppose.
Since I was bored... G Cam ports. First two regular, second two with Night sight...IMG_20190615_171247.jpegIMG_20190615_171403.jpegIMG_20190615_171304.jpegIMG_20190615_171333.jpeg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Finally, LG. First two are wide angle and the last two are regular with AI mode. 20190615_171450.jpeg20190615_171508.jpeg20190615_171530.jpeg20190615_171516.jpeg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Normally I put the olive oil on the asparagus. I decided to go without it this time. Interesting taste. I was in the store today as saw a spray bottle for oil. I thought to myself, "when would I ever use that?"

As I was prepping the potatoes and asparagus, the bottle popped into my head and I thought "I could have used that bottle now."

SMH. It's all good. It'll go with a grilled steak I did. The GF plans to eat it with black beans.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ok Xperia 1 bought. Just waiting now.

Congrats! How does it feel? I can't remember if I was here when you got your current phone. No really, I can't, so I'll be looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Congrats! How does it feel? I can't remember if I was here when you got your current phone. No really, I can't, so I'll be looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it.
Think he went from a Lumia 920 to a Xperia Z3 to a XZS to now a X 1. I'm curious to see his landscape shots, as he has a very good eye.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Think he went from a Lumia 920 to a Xperia Z3 to a XZS to now a X 1. I'm curious to see his landscape shots, as he has a very good eye.
You're almost right. I currently have an XZ.

I've had it for over two year's now.

I'm looking forward to having the triple cameras.

Still not sure about the size but I'm sure I'll be fine.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, you know the drill... Mini review.

Do you use tempered glass and cases on your device?
I'm going to find a nice clear case for it. Not sure about tempered glass though. Had a bad experience getting it for the XZ and I've been fine without it so possibly not.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, you know the drill... Mini review.

Do you use tempered glass and cases on your device?
It might be a bit of time before the review. We have visitors coming Wednesday and I'll probably have it either that day or the next.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately all of the Nokia's with decent cameras are too big. The Nokia 8 sirocco is the only one that isn't.

It sounds like she'll have to choose the one that bothers her the least because you shared all of the options with her. Everything else is really tall.

If it helps, Samsung has changed things with One UI. It's really good. It's much better than what used to be.

If she never takes any photos in low light, the zx2c should be okay. For me, I had to download open camera for better results.
She's come to the conclusion she'll need a bit larger phone but will be happy to wait until the next Nokia flagship. She was interested in the 9 but doesn't like the issues with it. Lack of expandable storage was strange as well.

She may pick up the XZ2C as an intermediate.

As she put it. Her current phone XZ1 takes nice photos. Half the time it's the person who has no skill that takes a bad shot regardless how good their camera is.

We watched a lot of reviews these last few days. The Pixel interested her but not enough.

There's also the possibility of the smaller Xperia 1. Depends on how big it is

So we'll see.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss