WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You're almost right. I currently have an XZ.

I've had it for over two year's now.

I'm looking forward to having the triple cameras.

Still not sure about the size but I'm sure I'll be fine.
I'm sure you'll adjust. With these phones going up in weird sizes, I use wearables...but you know what my thoughts are there (see above).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

She's come to the conclusion she'll need a bit larger phone but will be happy to wait until the next Nokia flagship. She was interested in the 9 but doesn't like the issues with it. Lack of expandable storage was strange as well.

She may pick up the XZ2C as an intermediate.

As she put it. Her current phone XZ1 takes nice photos. Half the time it's the person who has no skill that takes a bad shot regardless how good their camera is.

We watched a lot of reviews these last few days. The Pixel interested her but not enough.

There's also the possibility of the smaller Xperia 1. Depends on how big it is

So we'll see.
My issues with the 9 are that I wished they had pushed it back again to use the SD855. I wish they had also gone the 256GB route of they were not going add micro SD. It is too much of a concept phone, really. I'd still own one and probably use it as a daily driver, but my biggest issue is the dullness of Android One.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

She's come to the conclusion she'll need a bit larger phone but will be happy to wait until the next Nokia flagship. She was interested in the 9 but doesn't like the issues with it. Lack of expandable storage was strange as well.

As she put it. Her current phone XZ1 takes nice photos. Half the time it's the person who has no skill that takes a bad shot regardless how good their camera is.

We watched a lot of reviews these last few days. The Pixel interested her but not enough.

So we'll see.
I really liked the XZ2. I thought that it was quite underrated. I know the FPS kinda sucked and the chunkiness kinda sucked, but it was quite charming and the screen was very good. My issue was I wish Sony had kept the 3.5mm on it and I'd enjoy it even more. Camera is quite solid. She should have a solid experience with the XZ2C. I do agree where camera work is a bit more about the person than the tech, especially as LG likes to touy with their cameras.

I think they finally hit the nail on the head design wise with the XZ2, and especially the XZ3. I don't mind the new 21:9 design, I just thought that there was room for both. But this IS Sony we're talking about.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, I see my favorite site has the X 1 for well under $900. And it's the dual SIM 128+6GB version. I'm sure the US variant will be north of $900 for the 64+6GB model. Lol.

Very interesting these Asian variants depending on the OEM. From this site I prefer the Sony models because I ALWAYS get LTE on their variants. Same with the Nokia. The LG's however, I never do, outside of the G4. And forget HTC as theirs are the same as LG. So that's why if I was angling for this phone, I'd buy it here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For my tastes, the market has just moved in ways I don't like. I suppose I will always be in the minority as I don't like the popular stuff.

I'd try a XZ3 because it fixed the one issue I had with the XZ2 - the in hand feel. It's nice they went to OLED, but it sucked they curved the glass.

I'd try a Mi Mix 3 because I like sliders, and honestly, that selfie cam would NEVER get used for me. I'd miss the ingress protection, but all screen is a nice thing. Like the XZ3, I know the audio and battery life would be good enough for me. It sucks there's no 256GB model for the 5G variant though, even though I like the battery increase.

I'd try a Nokia 9, well, because it's a collector's piece. It could work as a daily driver for me, as with how I use the cameras I am patient enough with the processing time. Plus, I'd use an OTG to offload the images anyways. I just think that if I want the Pixel experience, a Pixel is a slightly better buy. I'll still likely get one at the end of the year though, if I can find it.

I think 128GB /6GB ROM is a tight squeeze these days.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So we'll see.
My sweet spot size wise is well known in these parts: the Mi Mix 2(s)/Mate 10 Pro/XZ3/XZ2/LG G7/LG V35.

I think that's one of the harder things now is to find that sweet spot knowing that OEMs have pushed people towards larger devices. You can easily see why - when I'm on the subway here, most of the phones I see in use across all price points are larger phones.

Funny to see we will get to a point where 6" screens will be "compact".

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm looking at the S10 5G for the GF. If I was one of those people who wanted to not buy a phone for a few years, I'd get one of these, especially the 512GB variant.

She'd get away with the 256GB just fine. And since she uses a Gear Sport, managing notifications isn't a problem for her. It having a headphone jack really helps. Of course it's overkill. But in her case, she's been on Verizon for eons, changes her phones every 4 years, and can get it much cheaper because of her grandfather status. I could do a S10+ in Blue (which will likely be the choice).

Still, it got me thinking. If I were in her shoes, as much as I am lukewarm on Samsung, I'd consider it strongly.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

You task should you choose to accept it: break 150k posts before the first of July.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Take your time. Would rather you break in the camera first before you start the review.

I'm hoping the phone shows up earlier than the date indicated. If so I should be able to break the camera in this weekend for sure and have a review sometime next week.

I'm looking forward to trying out the different lenses and settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)