WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So bought a case for the phone. It comes today. Phone should hopefully show up Thursday but may come earlier. Depends where it's shipping from.

I'm contemplating getting a large SD card now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

A human side to this issue that doesn't get really talked about...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...8?cid=h3_referral_inarticlelinks_24082018_cna

I do feel sorry for them. But on the other hand production will eventually slow down even without the issues as people stop buying phones more frequently.

On another note with this. If Nokia (or other OEM) ever wanted an opportunity, this would be it.

The shops here in France are stocked full of Huawei phones and I guess most of Europe is like this as well.

Samsung is the other maker you see a lot here and of course iPhones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of iPhones....

I see Google has copied the new iPhone look completely, unless of course Google is lying...

Personally I think the square camera thing is fugly.... If both Google and iPhone have that it's going to be a bit weird. The phones will look almost identical. Which is hard to believe. I know people say Google wants to copy the iPhone design but this is taking it to a new level.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of iPhones....

I see Google has copied the new iPhone look completely, unless of course Google is lying...

Personally I think the square camera thing is fugly.... If both Google and iPhone have that it's going to be a bit weird. The phones will look almost identical. Which is hard to believe. I know people say Google wants to copy the iPhone design but this is taking it to a new level.
If they can now away with notch and hide the front camera, why not hide the back camera too? Perhaps only the back flash can be seen.. that'll make everything discreet..!!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So bought a case for the phone. It comes today. Phone should hopefully show up Thursday but may come earlier. Depends where it's shipping from.

I'm contemplating getting a large SD card now.
I use a 256GB card in the V35 and have a few 128s in other devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of iPhones....

Be worried when the Google logo starts looking Apple like. Then you really cannot tell them apart.

As someone who owns a phone with a square camera array, it isn't that bad...but I don't spend time look at the camera array on the phone. Nokia manages to make the 9 Pureview look semi decent with theirs, so it can be done.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do feel sorry for them. But on the other hand production will eventually slow down even without the issues as people stop buying phones more frequently.

On another note with this. If Nokia (or other OEM) ever wanted an opportunity, this would be it.

The shops here in France are stocked full of Huawei phones and I guess most of Europe is like this as well.

Samsung is the other maker you see a lot here and of course iPhones.
HMD has to have something high end to sell and right now, they don't. I agree that Huawei was making some serious inroads into Europe. We will see if Xiaomi will step up to fill the void.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping the phone shows up earlier than the date indicated. If so I should be able to break the camera in this weekend for sure and have a review sometime next week.

I'm looking forward to trying out the different lenses and settings.
I think you'll have a good time messing with the different lenses. I think Sony has a solid looking device but I do have a few questions.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

DJT only cares about himself. No one else, except maybe his daughter, in a weird way...
I suppose he was able to make one just the way he wanted and cannot have because he made it. Such frustration.

I think lots of people still don't understand that his monkey **** over these past few years helps shape policy many years down the line that we won't see how much of a cluster**** it is until we get there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If they can now away with notch and hide the front camera, why not hide the back camera too? Perhaps only the back flash can be seen.. that'll make everything discreet..!!
That would involve moving away from glass backs and remembering metals and plastic can be used to cover phones. Apparently glass sandwiches are the only way to do a premium product.

I remember when a few OEMs mimicked the camera look with lens covers. That was interesting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think you'll have a good time messing with the different lenses. I think Sony has a solid looking device but I do have a few questions.

By all means ask away and I'll be happy to answer.

My big one is the battery... but we'll see. I have a battery bank but I think I'd like a bigger one.

As for the 256GB card I'm seriously considering one.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to say I find it a bit odd that Android Central hasn't done an update review for the Xperia 1 since it came out.

Wonder why. the last thing they mentioned about it was the price and bundles.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't help thinking that the place I ordered my phone from has one person fulfilling the orders for some reason. Why else would it take 1 day to ship out? According to the tracking it's still processed and packed.

Saying that, sometimes the system doesn't keep up with actual events. So for all I know it could be at my place tomorrow. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can't help thinking that the place I ordered my phone from has one person fulfilling the orders for some reason. Why else would it take 1 day to ship out? According to the tracking it's still processed and packed.

Saying that, sometimes the system doesn't keep up with actual events. So for all I know it could be at my place tomorrow. :p

Hopefully you will get it sooner than later!
Let us know how you like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99