WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Most shows have an issue of hanging around after they've expired.

My other half is the TV junkie, always looking for something to watch. I've noted how drastic my TV habits have changed over the years. There are shows I used to watch with her that are a chore now because I already deal with enough trauma at work and not want to see too much on TV.

I think when TV hits the level it is now where there's too much choice I think quality suffers. That to me is what's happening.

In any case I'd rather go see a comedian or watch one on TV than watch a funny show. I'd rather go to the theater than watch something on TV or the movies.

But that's me.

I'm not fan of TV or movies. I sort of grew out of it and I don't know why that is. Not sure how I got to this point.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Still fishing for topics...

Hey Rue, what's the housing insecure/homeless situation like in France form what you've seen?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think when TV hits the level it is now where there's too much choice I think quality suffers. That to me is what's happening.

In any case I'd rather go see a comedian or watch one on TV than watch a funny show. I'd rather go to the theater than watch something on TV or the movies.

But that's me.

I'm not fan of TV or movies. I sort of grew out of it and I don't know why that is. Not sure how I got to this point.
There's too much of a push for tratings because people's attention span is now so short. Some of the stuff I chuckle about in real life aren't things I want to see on TV.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Still fishing for topics...

Hey Rue, what's the housing insecure/homeless situation like in France form what you've seen?

Around near my work there appears to be a small number of homeless but as you may have guessed it's not always easy to know. I'm in the outer suburbs of Paris or Isle de France.

I haven't been in Paris enough to know the general state of things there but we have seen what we feel is quite a bit of homeless sleeping areas.

Here's an English French news site with some info.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190319/in-numbers-how-the-homeless-population-of-paris-is-growing

Numbers are up here but I know they've also risen in the UK as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Around near my work there appears to be a small number of homeless but as you may have guessed it's not always easy to know. I'm in the outer suburbs of Paris or Isle de France.

I haven't been in Paris enough to know the general state of things there but we have seen what we feel is quite a bit of homeless sleeping areas.

Here's an English French news site with some info.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190319/in-numbers-how-the-homeless-population-of-paris-is-growing

Numbers are up here but I know they've also risen in the UK as well.
Numbers are on the rise here as well. It's a pretty complicated topic here, where there really isn't that much affordable housing. I like the city but man, if you don't have the "right" amount of resources here, you're screwed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Numbers are on the rise here as well. It's a pretty complicated topic here, where there really isn't that much affordable housing. I like the city but man, if you don't have the "right" amount of resources here, you're screwed.

It's the same for London and Paris.

The UK in general suffers from housing shortages and homelessness.

I'm not sure about the rest of France though. I know there's a rise in immigration from Africa, etc but not sure what affects that has on housing in those areas.

There are parts of France that are practically empty and towns that are dying due to reduction in population.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Im not a big Korean TV fan, but I do occasionally watch some of their middle kingdom period series. Not as nitty gritty as Vikings but its fun in small doses!!

My mum is 92 and loves korean drama esp the modern day soaps. My sis inlaw watches tv with her late in the evening. My mum is totally deaf in one ear, needs a hearing aid for the other. Neither understands Korean, so they watch the shows dubbed in Malay language with English subtitles!! It's a weird.
I once put on Train To Busan, and my mum totally enjoyed it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of TV Series.
Just finished Widow on Amazon, nice show, definitely recommend.
Going to start watching LA's Finest next.
That one was a bit difficult to find since it is a Spectrum show.
Also we started watching a Hindi show on Amazon called Mind the Malhotras and it's quite funny.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I moved my 64Gb SanDisk from my 950XL to my Nokia8.1.. that SD card is almost 2½ yrs old...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's the same for London and Paris.

The UK in general suffers from housing shortages and homelessness.

I'm not sure about the rest of France though. I know there's a rise in immigration from Africa, etc but not sure what affects that has on housing in those areas.

There are parts of France that are practically empty and towns that are dying due to reduction in population.
Here's something you may find interesting...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I'm home. Quick unboxing photos and first impressions.

Not as big as I thought it would be. As you can see it fits easily I'm my hand.. it's lighter than I thought as well. I like how narrow it is. Feels comfortable. Well balanced.

I'm giving it a charge so I can set it up.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Photos.
3715eeb702103b1b194de8e50c97e149.jpg
08f5efaa0b79b4550f3c2a6cca620de0.jpg
cab5814112467085b0d5aa0508aeb479.jpg
e145c68089edaa59944b26f699cc6f7b.jpg
bda68925f8589f7f4559749c4f631a23.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

S10+
That is my current daily driver.
Both Pixel 3a are sitting sealed in their boxes. No time to set either phone up.
Almost 8 months without a Pixel. That's probably a new record.
For you, it is. Does it feel weird? Do you miss the Pixel?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers