WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I got rid of Facebook about 3 years ago, since I had no desire to play Farmville or Mafia Wars, and I had no desire to be a friend of my next-door-neighbour's 3rd cousin.

I do use Twitter, but more as a source of news than a social network. Most of what I share on Twitter is interesting news stories about tech stuff. I also follow news and sports sites for the information. Twitter, to me, is kind of like an RSS feed.

I'm not worried about what I share on Twitter, since most of it is just information I've seen elsewhere (or retweets of other people's stuff). The few pictures I post of my coffee from Starbucks aren't going to matter much to anyone.

Yeah I find those facebook game invites well annoying. Would be good if you could just block all games outright. I have to manually block them to stop showing in my feeds. I kinda need facebook though since the majority of my relatives are on it. It's a good way to keep in touch and to see their pictures. Just the games stuff get in the way sometimes.

Also have twitter. A few friends are on there as well as my uni, so it's a good, quick source of info.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Ah forgive me. Good afternoon and good evening to those to which it applies :wink:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Since the internet back I watch Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga some others new songs not very good at all... O_O

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

My mouth is watering lol.

I have leftover vegetable samosas for lunch. Still pretty good.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I ate delicious dosa and idli for lunch. And topped it with authentic south Indian filter coffee :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

THREAD HIJACK TIME!

So, we're currently having a five day weekend followed by another five day weekend because of all these holidays in the Philippines.

I spent my time (not-so-wisely) by finishing Touhou Mother. The feels, man. The feels!

It's kind of weird when you have this feeling of accomplishment and sadness once you finish a game, especially something with an engaging story and a lot of game play (think the Final Fantasy series, for that matter.)

And then, long after finishing the game, you have this urge to go ahead and do it all over again, perfectly. Either that or a longing for it if you can't play it anymore.

Then, the emulators come. It's not the same, but what the hell. It's the game you loved way back, bit you can now play it anywhere (on mobile, of course)
If you're in a series, you may become a hater, someone who ended up hating the series just because it wasn't cool anymore. Shame on you.
You might become a nostalgiafag (forgive the terminology, it's the real term), since you want the series to stay the same all throughout. You may as well play the game you like and shut up.
You might become a true-blue fan. Someone who has stick with it through thick and thin, someone with the game holding a special place in your heart.

*sigh* Considering how many games I've played, I've only finished a few with actual storylines. Story of my life, and it only makes the endings all the more sweeter :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday I was at a concert, and a woman of around 50 years took pictures the entire time and posted them on Facebook.

That made me remember that I'm pretty glad I left Facebook around 2 years ago, before it was taken over by older folks (and me becoming a part of them). Of course, now we have to talk about our digital foot print.

I don't use Twitter (I tried it out, I still don't know what it is good for, too much irrelevant information I can get on news pages after it was filtered) or any other pages like this. I'm never signed in in Google services, however I use Google Search, Google Maps and Youtube sometimes. I have a personal email address I pay for and additionally a email address from my university. I use the Ghostery addon on Firefox, mostly because I like to see how many trackers are blocked on every page (8 on this forum). There are two pictures of me on the web, one of the page of my university and one from my laboratory.

I have no worries buying something online with my credit card.

The most private things I share publicly can be found in this thread. In general: I'm not paranoid, I don't use most services because they don't give me anything, but sometimes companies like Facebook or Google or Microsoft worry me when it comes to privacy.

So, what about you?

I don't use Twitter. Never had and would only use it if my job requires it. I barely use Facebook these days because my life has me more occupied than anything else. I have a Skype account someplace that I haven't used in years either. WPCentral, XDA and the New York Daily News Sports Blog "The Bitter Bill" (baseball blog for NY Mets fans) the only places I comment on regularly. I guess the buzz of the internet has worn of for me since I'm more preoccupied with daily living.

I had a very spirited discussion with two of the teens I supervised last month about social media etiquette. Of course being teens, they were of the opinion that you have to post everything on facebook and right now too. I explained to them that some stuff is best left off-line, and even if you delete it, someone has seen it so you can never truly "take it back". We talked about thee Anthony Weiner scandal too, but of course being teen the need to post everything right now is stronger than discretion. Personally, there are too many folks doing exhibitionistic stuff I don't need to see in social media these days, and as such, I don't use it much to avoid most of that crap.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I some how keep on hearing the apple ring tone and the nokia ring tone in my head it very catchy.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

...I am just realizing that the Outlook Exchange web access isn't as optimal for sending big emails as Outlook itself. If I can't send this now I have to go to my lab and do it from there :/

Oh, it worked, great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb