WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Are you in management?

Management never get invited to anything unless they organise it.

Management always gets invited to functions at large firms, especially when the function is at work. Now I'm not saying the CEO was there but I'm sure someone with high status was.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On lunch for a little here, had some homemade meatloaf. Do we have anyone who likes to cook on the thread? If so what's your favorite dish to make?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

We cooked something that involved peanut butter and lemons. I found the combination not too great, but my friends loved it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On lunch for a little here, had some homemade meatloaf. Do we have anyone who likes to cook on the thread? If so what's your favorite dish to make?

More a baker than cook but I love food in general. I pretty much like anything when it comes to food. I have to admit not to be a big fan of meatloaf though...

We do curries from scratch, which is not bad for two white people. :p Also lots of Asian dishes cause we can't find a real good Chinese where we live.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Asian Potato Wok or something like that. We found it in a cookbook. It's with potatoes, tomatoes, leeks (had to look this one up, I have to remember it) and chickpeas.

That reminds me of food I've seen in Finland. A hodgepodge of ingredients that's more fusion. Just so I know, what is considered 'Asian' in Switzerland? In the UK, Asian means Indian and Oriental means Chinese etc. In Australia, Asian is Chinese and Indian is, Indian. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If you have access to Chinese ingredients and you like hot food I have a good recipe for you.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I love to cook for or with friends. One of my favorites is homemade lasagna. Fresh tomatoes are the key, and my bechamel is legendary ;-)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That reminds me of food I've seen in Finland. A hodgepodge of ingredients that's more fusion. Just so I know, what is considered 'Asian' in Switzerland? In the UK, Asian means Indian and Oriental means Chinese etc. In Australia, Asian is Chinese and Indian is, Indian. :p

I don't know, everything I guess. Don't ask me why it is called Asian in this cookbook, probably because it's done in a wok. There was nothing very Asian about it else.

I am not too much into Asian cuisine and therefore know little about it. Restaurants are usually very specific with European versions of Indian, Chinese, Mongolian or whatever food.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know, everything I guess. Don't ask me why it is called Asian in this cookbook, probably because it's done in a wok. There was nothing very Asian about it else.

I am not too much into Asian cuisine and therefore know little about it. Restaurants are usually very specific with European versions of Indian, Chinese, Mongolian or whatever food.

You're probably right that it's called Asian simply because it's in a wok. I was just curious about the Asian definition due to my constant confusion I have here....

It's something I've found interesting. In Canada to find good Chinese food you have to search for it. In Australia you can find it rather easy. In the UK we've have difficulty. Finland was hit and miss too, with all food. Finland has some of the most bizarre food combinations I've ever seen.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You're probably right that it's called Asian simply because it's in a wok. I was just curious about the Asian definition due to my constant confusion I have here....

It's something I've found interesting. In Canada to find good Chinese food you have to search for it. In Australia you can find it rather easy. In the UK we've have difficulty. Finland was hit and miss too, with all food. Finland has some of the most bizarre food combinations I've ever seen.

I seldom eat Asian food. Mostly when friends want to go, or when it's with work or something similar. I remember some occasions I went to have Asian food while traveling. I went to an Indian restaurant in Scotland which was very good, and I went to a Chinese restaurant in a small town in Lithuania. This was very funny, as a very tall, very big guy with the most Nordic face you can imagine was serving, and this in a little Chinese robe ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I seldom eat Asian food. Mostly when friends want to go, or when it's with work or something similar. I remember some occasions I went to have Asian food while traveling. I went to an Indian restaurant in Scotland which was very good, and I went to a Chinese restaurant in a small town in Lithuania. This was very funny, as a very tall, very big guy with the most Nordic face you can imagine was serving, and this in a little Chinese robe ;-)

Yeah I've run into some interesting places where the people cooking or serving the food is not what you expect.

Aside from the taste of Asian food, which I love, the reason why we have often is because it's quick! :) Same goes for Thai. :)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I've run into some interesting places where the people cooking or serving the food is not what you expect.

Aside from the taste of Asian food, which I love, the reason why we have often is because it's quick! :) Same goes for Thai. :)

I haven't had Asian food in a long time, last time I had takeaway was back in 2009.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I see the night shift isn't doing it's job tonight. :p Oh well. We'll have to compensate tomorrow. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion