WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If any mod/admin is watching. I'm getting this error on the browser. Not sure if it helps.

Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_vBSEOLikes::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled($id) in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_ui_profile.php on line 16

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

If any mod/admin is watching. I'm getting this error on the browser. Not sure if it helps.

Warning: Declaration of vB_ProfileBlock_vBSEOLikes::block_is_enabled() should be compatible with vB_ProfileBlock::block_is_enabled($id) in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_ui_profile.php on line 16
Tech knows about issues. We (those of us who are mods) had problems earlier.

I couldn't even access the forums ~ 3 h ago. I got script at top of page saying forums were down.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like it. It's not really all that different except that outlook.com uses EAS instead of MAPI. I also like the cleaner UI.

You mean Outlook. :) I though it still had MAPI abilities. Guess I was wrong.

I do like the clean look of the new Office. However I know people at my work would end up hating it. They don't like change. LOL!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyone know of a music track finding app? I moved some music over and realised the artist name is wrong. Sigh.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know of a music track finding app? I moved some music over and realised the artist name is wrong. Sigh.

Play it and use Soundhound on your phone. Or Shazaam. Or the built in Bing thingy if it's available in your region. Oh, I forgot, you're not from Switzerland, Microsoft cares about your country.

The fact that Bing practically doesn't exist in Switzerland wouldn't stress me as much, if Google didn't offer every single feature in very good quality.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Play it and use Soundhound on your phone. Or Shazaam. Or the built in Bing thingy if it's available in your region. Oh, I forgot, you're not from Switzerland, Microsoft cares about your country.

The fact that Bing practically doesn't exist in Switzerland wouldn't stress me as much, if Google didn't offer every single feature in very good quality.

I can't play a whole album out loud at my work. :p Even though it's not my usual 'heavy' music I'm just not sure that everyone likes The Cure. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well done! I don't know any app that does the same on a computer, but I'm pretty sure they must exist.

I went looking in the app store online but it's like wading through a garbage heap. You type in music and all kinds of junk comes up. I tried to be more specific but that didn't work.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'd think the Bing search would work in UK.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You know that never satisfies the nay sayers. The Surface doesn't have an 'i' in front of it's name and doesn't have a picture of fruit, therefore it's bad. :p

True - but if I knew nothing about tech and only read review sites after reading a Surface review I would expect the ipad to run full OSX as its a criticism on Surface reviews but isn't mentioned on ipad reviews.

I also cant believe they've still not made the macbooks touch friendly.

And over $2000 for that cylinder thing!! I spent the same on my home setup and its twice as powerful and handily built into a coffee table to fit in with the style of my front room.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

True - but if I knew nothing about tech and only read review sites after reading a Surface review I would expect the ipad to run full OSX as its a criticism on Surface reviews but isn't mentioned on ipad reviews.

I also cant believe they've still not made the macbooks touch friendly.

And over $2000 for that cylinder thing!! I spent the same on my home setup and its twice as powerful and handily built into a coffee table to fit in with the style of my front room.

The new Mac Pro looks like an ashtray. I'm sure there will be some stories involving someone's drunk friend ruining a Mac Pro by putting out a cigarette on it.

Ashtray
2000SVN-33.jpg
Mac Pro
tech-mac-pro.jpg

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think this is because of the very, very limited app selection on Windows RT. If we had at least the same apps as on Windows Phone I would be pretty happy. Also, Microsoft advertises the RT as a productive tablet, only because it runs Office. The iPad is much rather targeted to leisure and fun.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think this is because of the very, very limited app selection on Windows RT. If we had at least the same apps as on Windows Phone I would be pretty happy. Also, Microsoft advertises the RT as a productive tablet, only because it runs Office. The iPad is much rather targeted to leisure and fun.

The other issue is that it bears the Windows name and it confuses the hell out of people. If it didn't have a desktop mode I think that would solve 99% of the problems with reviewers saying anything about x86 software. They just don't seem to understand that it's a tablet OS, not full Windows. Though I have nothing wrong with the Windows brand across all the devices I think this may have been a mistake.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I just got that exact same script and reported it to tech staff.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

App selection is a moot point when you can have multiple instances of IE running on the surface at the same time, especially when a lot of the apps on ipad are mainly website wrappers anyway. Ignoring office you've still got the massive bonus of remote desktop - I can sit here at work and play steam games via my home pc on my RT at lunchtime - or quite happily run any of my home software. You can be productive on an ipad too just one thing at a time. The biggest differentiator between the two I believe is the search and share functions on 8.1. Nothing currently touches what MS have managed to achieve there but its never mentioned in any reviews.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The other issue is that it bears the Windows name and it confuses the hell out of people. If it didn't have a desktop mode I think that would solve 99% of the problems with reviewers saying anything about x86 software. They just don't seem to understand that it's a tablet OS, not full Windows. Though I have nothing wrong with the Windows brand across all the devices I think this may have been a mistake.

Desktop mode is really underated and gives you a lot of options as a power user. File explorer is a massive boost that's sorely missing as a modern ui app - until they work out how to execute that properly desktop mode needs to stay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise