WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If T-Mobile had all the WP8 phones, would those costumers leave Att for T-mobile? Hmmmmm.

Okay, bear with me, snowmutt is attempting to do math...

Let's say everyone in your family of 4 needs new smartphones. I am throwing out there that you will spend, on average, $200.00 on contract for decent phones on AT&T. So, for a 2 year contract for 4 people, there will be:

$800.00 for 4 phones..... Let's say the 10GB shared data plan for $100.00 a month for 24 months... $25.00 per device for 24 months.... plus let us average in $35.00 a month in tax.

That equals 4,640 over 2 years of service.

With T-Mobile, you need to purchase the devices outright. Let's say $500.00 a new phone. Let's use the T-Mobile plan with 2.5 GB per device before you get throttled. The first line is $60.00 a month, the second is $40.00 a month, the next 2 lines are $20.00 a month each. For 4 new phones and service for 2 years and tax:

I mean seriously... you can get lesser devices on T-Mobile, but you can on AT&T as well. Am I missing something? No matter how I do the math, T-Mo is more expensive when you factor in new hardware. For a lesser network.

Am I right???

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

So, the per-device costs:

ATT: ~$56.25/mo.
TMO: ~$40.75/mo. - ~$100.75/mo.

And we think T-Mo is cheap. For expensive devices, that is.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

So, the per-device costs:

ATT: ~$56.25/mo.
TMO: ~$40.75/mo. - ~$100.75/mo.

And we think T-Mo is cheap. For expensive devices, that is.

That is the way I figured it. I was so bummed, because the last time our contracts came do, T-Mo was not in our area. But, I guess somewhere along the line, maybe because of the AT&T spectrum T-Mo got when the buy-out failed, we have service here in my area. I was stupid excited. But I always figure the entire contract-length price when it comes due, and I was so let down.

I also have the grandfathered AT&T contracts, so they are a tad cheaper then the ones in my example.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

That is the way I figured it. I was so bummed, because the last time our contracts came do, T-Mo was not in our area. But, I guess somewhere along the line, maybe because of the AT&T spectrum T-Mo got when the buy-out failed, we have service here in my area. I was stupid excited. But I always figure the entire contract-length price when it comes due, and I was so let down.

I also have the grandfathered AT&T contracts, so they are a tad cheaper then the ones in my example.
The fact remains that you are screwed over big time, no matter where you are. End of story.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Ladies and gentlemen, flawed logic.

And, you wonder why I keep throwing tirades at you.
When worse comes to worst, you'll end up thinking of yuri.

I too thought of you being a girl before I knew you are not. It's the avatar, I don't know why it does this.

Call me ignorant in terms of Manga and Anime, all I know about it is what I picked up when selling them in one of my many side jobs. I never got the taste for it though.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I too thought of you being a girl before I knew you are not. It's the avatar, I don't know why it does this.

Call me ignorant in terms of Manga and Anime, all I know about it is what I picked up when selling them in one of my many side jobs. I never got the taste for it though.
At least you saw the light before defecting to the dark side.

I'm curious as to what would happen if I change my avatar to a trap...
Never mind, that would greatly damage my reputation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo