WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 30K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I should be getting my 520 soon as my androids contract ends in March.

Really looking forward to it.

Just wish I could get the 525 instead but for reasons unknown my country will not get the successor of the 520 even though close naboring countries already have it. Nokia RSA even gave the lamest excuse. The 520 is selling so well that we do not want to discontinue its success as it has a good established price point that people are willing to pay.

Let me know if you want a 822 for the price of a 520 or even less. Where are you in RSA? I have been to Kapstad, Joburg, George, Knysna, Wilderness, Mossel Bai etc.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Am glad things worked out for the better for you. I work in a technical field and these days use more engineering statistics than anything else. My latest hobby seems to be fixing Lumia 822 phones:)
Statistics is the math course I took that was the most useful for me in the real world. I also enjoyed it.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

822 works fine on Verizon but has issues on T-Mo. I have a thread there about SMS/MMS issues. Sahib and I are trying to figure the correct settings out for T-Mo. The ATT settings are described quite well in the 822 Forum.

That's one nice looking avatar. What country is that ?

Please post the full image. Id love it for my desktop.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have LTE on AT&T here, so AT&T branded devices are best for me.

I have LTE and 4G with T-MO at my house. On 4G it pulls about 20Mbps which is plenty fast for me:)
The two LTE compatible phones I had 925 and a Rogers 920, I sold them on Swappa. For some reason I am liking the 810 the best so far. I am also going to start using the HTC 8X as a daily driver starting next week since I just got the case and screen protector today.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I have LTE and 4G with T-MO at my house. On 4G it pulls about 20Mbps which is plenty fast for me:)
The two LTE compatible phones I had 925 and a Rogers 920, I sold them on Swappa. For some reason I am liking the 810 the best so far. I am also going to start using the HTC 8X as a daily driver starting next week since I just got the case and screen protector today.
What colour is your 8X?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Statistics is the math course I took that was the most useful for me in the real world. I also enjoyed it.

In my case, three more classes and they would give me a graduate degree:) When the professor told that to me in 1999, I ran as far away as I could:) But I owe my entire career to statistics.....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Blue is my favourite colour. Red is my 2nd favourite colour.

I am thinking of making a red 822 out of some parts, its just that since the phone was rare, the parts are hard to find and expensive. To make a mint one, I need a new frame and I can't find those for cheap.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I am thinking of making a red 822 out of some parts, its just that since the phone was rare, the parts are hard to find and expensive. To make a mint one, I need a new frame and I can't find those for cheap.
I think the rarest were any of the grey Nokias.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I think the rarest were any of the grey Nokias.

I sold one to a WPC member in Sweden, it was in mint condition once I fixed it. It came to me completely shattered. By the time I fixed the LCD+Digitizer, broken phone + accessories + screen protector + shipping, I think I ended up with about $7 in my pocket, but it was a fun project.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yawning really badly now, so I think I will go to bed.

Stalemate1 send me a PM and I will send you the high resolution pic. If you are in RSA, Howzit?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb